AKG Y600nc Wireless Headphones Review & Comments

Are we sure the ANC was working correctly as I have a pair of N60NCs and the ANC on these is as good as it gets in my opinion.

If a major feature such as ANC was not working properly how did they rate an 8/10?

I read the review twice and still don't get 8/10

So AKG Y600nc active noise cancelling headphones that fail at noise cancelling :thumbsup:

Interesting it supports AAC so plays nice with iOS but not Aptx HD which would play nice with Android... Including Samsung smartphones, or am I missing something ?!

😎

Not really. You just say it’s easy to turn off.
I don't say anything, it's not my review. But Greg explains his findings and says they are not for you if ANC is a top priority, but everything else is impressive.

I think the point is that they are advertised and sold as Active Noise Cancelling headphones ( AKG's latest set offers Active Noise Cancellation, AKG's reference sound,) and your review says that it doesn't work properly. I would have thought that a major feature that does not work would not qualify for such a high review score.

A key part of any review is to highlight issues and push back on manufacturers to improve a poorly implemented feature and not simply gloss over it like it is not important.

Mmmm agree with the comments re ANC. Seems a bit off as this is their key USP. Also disappointing is the limited codecs on offer.

I think the point is that they are advertised and sold as Active Noise Cancelling headphones ( AKG's latest set offers Active Noise Cancellation, AKG's reference sound,) and your review says that it doesn't work properly. I would have thought that a major feature that does not work would not qualify for such a high review score.

A key part of any review is to highlight issues and push back on manufacturers to improve a poorly implemented feature and not simply gloss over it like it is not important.
Possibly as a result of these Unfavourable reviews, these head phones are available at a discount . Ie got a set a few days ago from Currys at 98 euro , ...so at least 50% discount on the original price. I have a number of different headphones and ear pieces at this stage. , Including Sony 1000XM3 NC and two pairs of Sony MRD1R and MDR1RA , and a MJ2 from Michell and Johnson . I tend to pick up bargains , whether I need them or not
the AKG 600 is an excellent set of phones. extremely comfortable and extremely pleasant to listen to I find them better as headphones than the X1000Ms , but it is true that their sound cancellation is poorer. They are a very worthy alternative to the MDR 1R... The sound is different , if anything slightly fuller , but certainly not inferior. so at the 100 euro bracket, they are excellent value.

How does four 9s and two 8s turn out at verdict of 8/10. Should be at least 8.5 without bias.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom