Akinator.com - very clever little site

RMCF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think of a character, real or fictional, dead or alive, and see if the site can guess who you are thinking about.

Tries to do it in 20 or less, but might need some additional hints.

Very clever.

Akinator, the Web Genius

There's a lot of questions it will ask which will make it no surprise that it gets the right answer, but sometimes it seems to ask very vague questions and still manages to get who you have in mind.

It got me, Keyser Soze, i would have thought that would have been far too random

Got me 3 times in a row:

Jessica Rabbit
Peter Griffen
Tony Soprano

It guessed wrong when I had Zach Braff (JD from Scrubs) as my person (yes I was watching Scrubs!)

If it doesn't guess right, it has a list of potential characters/people it narrowed it down to and you then select the person.

That is very impressive. I tried an easy one & what I thought would be a very hard one and it got them both easily.

Easy: Eric Cartman
Hard: The curious orange (from TMWRNJ cira 1999).

What voodoo is this?!? So far it's guessed Hunter S. Thompson, Tony Soprano, Boomer (BSG), Benson (SVU), David Cronenberg, Tygra (Thundercats, took 25 guesses though), Silent Bob...............

I beat it with Jaclyn Smith. But only because I don't know much about her I suppose...

How does this website know what you're thinking?!?!?!

I thought of Jesus Christ thinking it would not think of it in a blue moon. It guessed it in 14 questions :eek:

Beat it with David Cameron, but I guess thats too recent! It got me with Sebastian Buemi and Carlton Cole!

How does this website know what you're thinking?!?!?!

I thought of Jesus Christ thinking it would not think of it in a blue moon. It guessed it in 14 questions :eek:

Looking at the stats section of it, Jesus christ is apparently the 9th most searched name on there haha

mmmm tried it twice.

Ninja Turtle
Inspector Gadget

Didnt get either of them.

Let me try again its quite addictive!:D

It guessed wrong when I had Zach Braff (JD from Scrubs) as my person (yes I was watching Scrubs!)

If it doesn't guess right, it has a list of potential characters/people it narrowed it down to and you then select the person.

For those doing it, after the 1st 20 questions, if you say NO to the 'Am I Right' question, select YES to let it continue asking questions. It will ask up to 40 I think before it declares you the winner.

Didn't get David Cameron, it came up with Tony Blair instead. :D
lol, I thought of Cameron and it came up with Gordon Brown (14 guesses) then Tony Blair (21 guesses) and then Ed Balls (30 guesses). It took 40 guesses to get to Cameron. Aside from Tories the only thing to flummox Akinator has been Brandi Love :D

haha beat it :) i thought of Aled hayden Jones from radio one in the mornings :) maybe he not realy famous enough

It obviously learnt David Cameron as it got it right for me. As did Paul Scholes, Freddie Mercury, Gemma Arterton and even Judge Judy! The only person it tripped up on was Bob Monkhouse.

I defeated it twice with footballers: Basile Boli (Champions League match winner for Marseille) and Barry Ferguson, although it might have guessed him correctly if I'd answered an obscure question differently.

It asked me if he was blue. I thought it meant it literally and was confused about why it was heading off in the direction of Avatar and the Nav'i or whatever they are called.

Interesting diversion. Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom