The Alfred Hitchcock Classics Collection 4K UHD

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Link: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi - Zoom.co.uk

Release date: 07/09/2020

TAHC_4K.jpg

4 ESSENTIAL FILMS FROM THE MASTER OF SUSPENSE

Universally recognized as the Master of Suspense, the legendary Alfred Hitchcock directed some of cinema’s most thrilling and unforgettable classics. The Alfred Hitchcock Classics Collection features four iconic films from the acclaimed director’s illustrious career including Rear Window, Vertigo, Psycho and The Birds in stunning 4K resolution. Starring Hollywood favourites such as James Stewart, Grace Kelly, Anthony Perkins, Janet Leigh, Tippi Hedren, Kim Novak and Rod Taylor, this essential collection features hours of bonus features as well as the original uncut version of Psycho for the first time ever.

INCLUDES 2 VERSIONS OF PSYCHO:
  • PSYCHO UNCUT: The extended version of the movie as seen in theaters in 1960 is exactly as intended by Alfred Hitchcock and now available with additional footage for the first time ever
  • PSYCHO: The most widely seen version of the movie was edited for content and subsequently used for TV broadcasts, theatrical re-releases and home entertainment over the last 60 years
PLUS HOURS OF BONUS FEATURES

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hope so those are classic Hitchcock movies must come to other regions this autumn!

Currently down for a September release in France via Universal.
Will update as usual should a UK release be on the way.

Good selection but NBNW is my favourite Hitchcock film so hopefully Warner Bros step up at some point.

Good selection but NBNW is my favourite Hitchcock film so hopefully Warner Bros step up at some point.
I agree a pitch perfect thriller Cary at his best or is that a film role that suits his style as he sort of said, he does not make believe he's the characters he make you believe the characters him. And a cast with Eve Marie Saint, James Mason, Martin Landau and Leo G Carroll and a brilliant soundtrack and some brilliant one liners Bond could not better.
Roger O. Thornhill: "Now you listen here, I'm an advertising man, not a red herring. I've got a job, a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives and several bartenders depending upon me, and I don't intend to disappoint them all by getting myself 'slightly' killed." .

Ah well one man's meat an other man's poison.

I agree a pitch perfect thriller Cary at his best or is that a film role that suits his style as he sort of said, he does not make believe he's the characters he make you believe the characters him. And a cast with Eve Marie Saint, James Mason, Martin Landau and Leo G Carroll and a brilliant soundtrack and some brilliant one liners Bond could not better.
Roger O. Thornhill: "Now you listen here, I'm an advertising man, not a red herring. I've got a job, a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives and several bartenders depending upon me, and I don't intend to disappoint them all by getting myself 'slightly' killed." .

Ah well one man's meat an other man's poison.

Such a classic line

Very exciting to be getting some Hitchcock in 4K - agree that WB need to do the same with NBNW, absolute classic. Really hope we get some more older films in 4K.

Very exciting to be getting some Hitchcock in 4K - agree that WB need to do the same with NBNW, absolute classic. Really hope we get some more older films in 4K.
In my top 5 films and even if its on the TV when I switch on have to watch it even though I have the DVD and Blu Ray the DVD I have to keep as you can play the soundtrack only on it thats not available on the Blu Ray.

In my top 5 films and even if its on the TV when I switch on have to watch it even though I have the DVD and Blu Ray the DVD I have to keep as you can play the soundtrack only on it thats not available on the Blu Ray.
I adore Hitchcock - from the Saul Bass tiles to the stunning Herrman soundtracks to Hitchcock's own incredible filmmaking. Having these elements in 4K (and hoping the sound will be given reverential treatment) is just fantastic news.

Definitely not pre-ordering mind. I want to see what reviews say. I ploughed through the whole blu-ray boxset not long ago and the PQ leaves a lot to be desired on most of those - not complaining much seeing as I got the 14 film set for like £12 I think! :D

French release confirmed for 30th September, pre-order up at Amazon.fr

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
OP updated with Amazon link and release date for the now confirmed UK release.

Good thing about amazon is they give you a no hassle return if the transfers are sub standard!

£59.99 Zavvi want for this. No HDR either unless its a late addition so all we can hope for is stunning restored versions but it does not mention that anywhere on the packaging YET :rolleyes:

Universal have been really good recently but still buyer beware as their Hitchcock releases have been very shoddy in the past as they refuse to pay the required money to remaster sadly.

For £60 I think i'll wait for the reviews.

If it's genuine remasters with excellent A/V like we've seen with other golden oldies, i'll be tempted.

I've got Psycho and The Birds, and NBNW, already on Blu Ray, and they're perfectly serviceable, so I'll wait on reviews and see what the quality of the transfers are like before deciding if it's worth splashing out.

Really tempted by this set, but it does concern me whether they can really lift the presentation much beyond the 1080p Blu-ray releases, given the source material. Heart says pre-order and get it day 1, head says wait for some reviews.

Really tempted by this set, but it does concern me whether they can really lift the presentation much beyond the 1080p Blu-ray releases, given the source material. Heart says pre-order and get it day 1, head says wait for some reviews.
Yeah I know what you mean. I'm holding out for reviews but I love every film in this particular collection so its a no-brainer providing the reviews are good.

It's a great set isn't it. Personally I'd prefer North by Northwest over The Birds but I believe that's a different studio so couldn't have been included anyway.

Psycho should look great, it always looked good on any other format. Whereas the spectacular Vertigo was in bad shape and took a lot of restoring. Not sure how that one will turn out in 4k!

Maybe I’m too trusting based on the rave review of Spartacus but any reservations I might have are crushed into tiny pieces by the following concept.......

Grace Kelly in 4K :love:

CF63875A-F59C-49E0-965B-49CA21E909A5.jpeg

Maybe I’m too trusting based on the rave review of Spartacus but any reservations I might have are crushed into tiny pieces by the following concept.......

Grace Kelly in 4K :love:

View attachment 1339226
I think Grace Kelly was the most beautiful woman to appear in Hitchcock's movies but I thought Eva Marie Saint in NBNW was sexier. She had a naughty glint in her eyes that really upped the sex appeal. I would have liked to have seen Marilyn Monroe in a Hitchcock movie.
As I watched all my blu ray Hitchcock movies a few months ago I'm in no rush to purchase these but probably will be tempted.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom