Only watched this 10 days ago but I think another viewing is on the cards soon.

It just struck me that I've never watched it with the director's commentary (I rarely do) so might give that a go.

Mm, just noticed I dropped the ball a bit on purchasing the US disc as the blu-ray is Region A only.

On a positive I didn't realise the 4k disc was a triple decker 100Gb disc!

Mm, just noticed I dropped the ball a bit on purchasing the US disc as the blu-ray is Region A only.
!

Flog it. Or use it as a coaster :D

It just struck me that I've never watched it with the director's commentary (I rarely do) so might give that a go.

From memory, its pretty decent.

UK UHD down to £15.24 at Amazon

It's not locked, plays fine on my PanUB900 & SonyX700 :smashin:

Yes I realised that after I posted :) thanks! Was kicking myself as the UK edition fell to £15. Happy now.

I picked up my amazon purchase today and watching the movie now. The new 4k master is really very good. The pq is superb and the hdr is implemented beautifully.
I went to see this movie at the cinema when released and we sat terrified. There's so many jumpy scenes that only really work on first view. That's the nature of life.
We need more classic movies, all shot properly on film, on 4k bluray if the format is to succeed.
Alien shows what he format can do.
It's highly unlikely that even films of this quality will ever tempt the uninformed from their low res low expectations streaming malaise.
Enjoy the physical disc whist you can as its not going to be around too much longer
Technology is making it possible for tv to have incredible pq whislt at the same time the mass marking is moving to substandard and grossly inferior picture quality.
People are spending a lot of money on televisions only to watch low quality highly compressed streams. Ergo, their expensive tv is a complete waste of money.
Thankfully there are still people who appreciate quality over convenience and can add 2 plus 2.
Alien 4k bluray is a great advert for the format.

i have just watched alien 1979 aniversity 4k which i bought from amazon in the uk and it was awesome with dts 5.1 /hdr and the picture/sound was stunning, so after that i thought about getting hold of the 2nd movie 1986, i have looked around but im not sure if its gone 4k or where to purchase the movie from, it might be just on bluray,

Not having a go but you might want to change the title to add a ? on the end.

That way, peeps won't get all excited coming in here looking for a 4K announcement!

Not that they're be one anyway since it's Cameron he doesn't give a toss about physical media now.

The Aliens Blu Ray imo looks superb, gave it a re-watch a few weeks ago ... was very impressed

The Aliens Blu Ray imo looks superb, gave it a re-watch a few weeks ago ... was very impressed
Yep. I couldn't believe how good the Blu-ray was given how awful the DVD was. Looks good on the OLED too.

Yep. I couldn't believe how good the Blu-ray was given how awful the DVD was. Looks good on the OLED too.
Yea really was impressive on my Oled .... I won't upgrade unless its something extra special with added unseen footage etc etc

Not watched it for a good couple of years now. Come on 4K !

Last edited:
Alien 4k/uhd plus bluray 2019
40 anniversary £1979

i think with my post about alien i could of done it a bit better and the above is a link to the movie i bought/watched saturday night, sorry
about the first post,

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Just heard the sad news that Sir Ian Holm, Ash in Alien of course among many other roles, has passed away.

Just heard the sad news that Sir Ian Holm, Ash in Alien of course among many other roles, has passed away.
Nooooo! :( That's really really sad, such a nice guy.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom