ALM V BLM

ufo550

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive not seen this discussion elsewhere, so excuse me if it has. Though not directly linked the incident in Reading overnight and the George Floyd incident and this incident are based on hatred or xenophobia of people’s.

Should we have demonstrations in conflict with current lockdown of Covid 19, about this incident. I’m not, I think racist, but I wonder why we are with these things.

Not sure I understand what you are saying.
  • If you are implying that people demonstrate everything wrong with the world then the answer is - I doubt people have time in their lives to do so.
  • If you are implying that this should then be the same for BLM then you are not taking into account the historic abuses and remaining systemic racism against black people.

Likely a reason you've not seen this discussion elsewhere is because similar normally ends up being shut down by the mods.

Forgive me though, I'm not quite sure like Ono what your post is saying.

It's perfectly acceptable to have demonstrations, foolish though to have had any with the pandemic going on. Hopefully we've gotten away with it.

Much has been said elsewhere already with respect to the BLM movement. It is a perfectly legitimate movement, but like any it can be infiltrated by those with no concerns of it's legitimacy. Only of fuelling tension and division. As we have seen.

And I don't think it should be a case of painting ALM v BLM, as that actually suggests a division before you even begin. ALM undermines the points trying to be made by BLM, as BLM isn't implying that only black lives matter. It's a common misconception.

I'm just saying, people get killed by another race or creed the world over. Its wrong, same as one kills race kills its own same race, like black on black knife crimes in London for example. This particular crime is abhorrent, same as the next one will be. Do the cops pick out their work, or does their work pick out them?

I'm just saying, people get killed by another race or creed the world over. Its wrong, same as one kills race kills its own same race, like black on black knife crimes in London for example. This particular crime is abhorrent, same as the next one will be. Do the cops pick out their work, or does their work pick out them?

Firstly I think you've misinterpreted your own posting intention by titling this thread, "ALM v BLM".

As you seem to be referring to the "particular" crime that took place last night in Reading. Which to the best of my knowledge is being treated as terror related and has nothing whatsoever to do with ALM or BLM.

In relation to crime in general, yes it occurs all over and yes it is abhorrent when it involves murder - whichever race is involved.

The police can only ever react to events like the one that has taken place (random attack).

Can not say I agree with the BLM protests at a time of pandemic but can understand the need for change of hundreds of years of systemic racism.

As for ALM V BLM ?

Just take a look at at pictures online of protests .

BLM protests are a broad diverse spectrum of society .

ALM is a whites only movement

These crimes are labelled as terrorist inspired, but it seems to me more a hatred of people’s ethnicity, as opposed to the pursuit of political aims.

All lives matter, that’s what we should strive for. Just my opinion.

I dont think its about ethnicity.was that the reasoning behind the IRA attacks.the majority of terrorist attacks are a sick and evil way to make a political statement.

BLM demonstrations have been infiltrated or used by ANTIFA. Fact. Just like other counter demonstrations have been infiltrated by right wing extremists. Fact. To not acknowledge either is to bury ones head in the sand.

Why do daily mail readers need this explaining this over and over again?

All lives matter but at the moment black lives are under a greater threat than the rest so therefore as a society we need to step up and level the playing field. Not hard is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
oh dear.jpg

I don't agree with large gatherings and protests in the middle of a pandemic. I think it's particularly bonkers to have large BLM protests when it's clear BAME people are at a higher risk too.

However, I'm also a huge fan of personal responsibility - if people want to demonstrate that Black Lives Matter while putting Black Lives at risk, that's entirely up to them; but I do worry that it then risks spreading to others who have been trying to follow the rules and so overall increases the risks to everyone. It is a relief we haven't seen a second spike in cases since.

Why do daily mail readers need this explaining this over and over again?

All lives matter but at the moment black lives are under a greater threat than the rest so therefore as a society we need to step up and level the playing field. Not hard is it?

Where & what are we talking about? Might be the case in the US, but perhaps not in the UK.

Deaths as the result of police interaction might be disproportionately higher for BAME, but I’m not so sure about the overall percentages of deaths, deaths from homincident that is.

Just to keep this factual. UK deaths by ethnicity

Where & what are we talking about? Might be the case in the US, but perhaps not in the UK.

Deaths as the result of police interaction might be disproportionately higher for BAME, but I’m not so sure about the overall percentages of deaths, deaths from homincident that is.
Let's try this another way, what do you think the BLM want? Also what does an ISIS inspired terrorist attack have to do with peaceful protests? Do you think ISIS and BLM are the same thing?

Let's try this another way, what do you think the BLM want? Also what does an ISIS inspired terrorist attack have to do with peaceful protests? Do you think ISIS and BLM are the same thing?
Ive my views on these terrorist attacks, as per#8. Ive nothing against peaceful protests. BLM is about (or part of it) people being attack or assaulted etc because of their race.

These ‘terrorist’ attacks are on European people’s (and other countries) because of their ethnicity.

Ive my views on these terrorist attacks, as per#8. Ive nothing against peaceful protests. BLM is about (or part of it) people being attack or assaulted etc because of their race.

These ‘terrorist’ attacks are on European people’s (and other countries) because of their ethnicity.
How do you then explain the ira era?
And what about the white terrorists in the usa who kill mostly white people.
What about the people of ethnic minorities killed by terrorists, are they killing based on ethnicity.
These terrorist groups kill more of their own nationals in their own countries than they do "european"people in european countries.
Its wrong to compare BLM and ALM. All people of colour want is to play on a level playing field.
How many white people do you know that have been lynched for the colour of their skin?

I suggest a title change to this thread might help avoid any confusion as to what's actually being discussed.

There is no relation between what happened the other night in the park and the BLM movement. Nor does ALM come into it either.

To the best of my knowledge the incident is still classed as terror related.

I suggest a title change to this thread might help avoid any confusion as to what's actually being discussed.

There is no relation between what happened the other night in the park and the BLM movement. Nor does ALM come into it either.

To the best of my knowledge the incident is still classed as terror related.
Agree totally.

How do you then explain the ira era?
And what about the white terrorists in the usa who kill mostly white people.
What about the people of ethnic minorities killed by terrorists, are they killing based on ethnicity.
These terrorist groups kill more of their own nationals in their own countries than they do "european"people in european countries.
Its wrong to compare BLM and ALM. All people of colour want is to play on a level playing field.
How many white people do you know that have been lynched for the colour of their skin?

I don't know of anyone personally, whose been lynched.

The 'troubles' in NI, were mainly caused by organized gangs who carried out terrorist acts, for political reasons. Either to leave or stay with the Union, putting in simple terms, there were other reasons.

The incident in Reading was carried out by a single individual, whose possibly had no instruction or direction by other peoples. I understand the authorities class it as a terrorist incident, my personal opinion, is these sorts of incidents are not. Its easier to classify it as such, rather than saying its anything else. These are just sick people, targeting particular individuals. It won't be the last, someone else will suffer a similar fate. I wonder what their loved ones think of it all.

All peoples have the right to life, and be treated with respect. I understand, I think, the feelings of BLM movement. But have a look around the world at man's inhumanity to man. Its not just about black people, all peoples should be treated with respect.

But have a look around the world at man's inhumanity to man. Its not just about black people, all peoples should be treated with respect.

That opinion isn't incompatible with the BLM movement.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom