ALM V BLM

Which is why at no point did I say that the police were above criticism here.

My point was that the widely reported version of events was grossly inaccurate compared to what actually happened.

As is the case in many (not all, but many) of these so called controversial deaths. They are reported as racist without any evidence, then totally misrepresented in order to hype up that alleged racism even further.

And there in lies the real issue as in this case and others in the lack of transparency leads to that inaccurate reporting that can be used in equal measure. And always is now .

Facts mean nothing without transparency , especially if those real hard facts are convened behind closed doors . Should learn more Friday as a member of the grand jury on this has filed a motion to release the entire proceedings of the grand jury tapes.

Kentucky’s attorney general has been given until noon on Friday to release the secret grand jury proceedings in the Breonna Taylor case, after a delay was sought by the official on Wednesday just as audio recordings were set to be released to the public.

Are all the facts known ? If so why ask for a delay?

Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron asks for a delay in releasing the grand jury's recordings in the Breonna Taylor case.

AG asked for delay in release of Breonna Taylor grand jury recording
abcnews.go.com

4:32 PM · Sep 30, 2020

Inaccurate reporting comes from the official lack of transparency and leads to the free for all racist click bait you find misleading.

How can anyones interpretation of events be regarded as facts when a grand jury of the case is convened behind closed doors ? For myself it just fans the flames on a powder keg .

Last edited:
Get aloud of this Karen. Fair play to the cops for keeping cool.

Difficult situation. If she had been a lot calmer, this could been sorted out a lot easier. Looks like she got arrested or did she go in an ambulance?

She didn't do herself any favours with her use of language and behaviour. Although I do recall a judgement once, that police officers should be used to bad language.

Back to the protests,

Odd how the subject of BLM has gone very quiet on most of the US news channels?

A cynic would suggest that they did this pretty quickly once it became clear that the associated riots were harming Joe Biden...

A cynic would suggest that they did this pretty quickly once it became clear that the associated riots were harming Joe Biden...
Fox, NBC, CNN and ABC are all currently reporting the weekend trouble in Philadelphia on their front / main pages.

Fox, NBC, CNN and ABC are all currently reporting the weekend trouble in Philadelphia on their front / main pages.
Link?

This is what I get on CNN & MSNBC

Screenshot_20201027-122811_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201027-122917_Chrome.jpg

There is a story on NBC, and no surprise that its on Fox. I don't see anything about it on CNN or MSNBC.

Only mention of Philadelphia on the CNN page is an article questioning the police's actions in shooting a man (even though he was waving a knife).

Same on MSNBC, criticism of the shooting of a black man, no context given in the headline.

NBC mention the unrest, but again headlined by "police shoot black man".

But all of the major news networks are covering the story. On their front pages.

I'm not sure I see the validity of your point here. There haven't been any major riots of note that I've seen until Philly, and as I pointed out earlier in the thread plenty of peaceful protests have been continuing in various places - but they don't make the news of course.

I am seeing stuff about what happened in Philly though.

Plus the election still absolutely swamps everything naturally.

No links then, OK.

And not CNN as you previously suggested? Which is probably the most prominent news source in the US?
Here's the links. The second is CNN. The USA edition via vpn rather than the international edition.

IMG_20201027_124906.jpg

IMG_20201027_124607.jpg

I'm not sure I see the validity of your point here. There haven't been any major riots of note that I've seen until Philly, and as I pointed out earlier in the thread plenty of peaceful protests have been continuing in various places - but they don't make the news of course.
Throughout the last few months, the likes of CNN & MSNBC covered the protests and downplayed the riots. Even when Portland (I think) was a war zone.

Since the polls started to suggest that the BLM protests and various riots were going against Biden in the polls, the news coverage started to shrink.

Here's the links. The second is CNN. The USA edition via vpn rather than the international edition.

View attachment 1389744

View attachment 1389745
You must be paying attention to what I wrote, because you just proved my point.

The only links they have to Philadelphia are either questioning or condemning the police shooting that came before the riots. Even though it was a clearly justified shooting.

Little or no condemnation of the riots themselves.

You must be paying attention to what I wrote, because you just proved my point.

The only links they have to Philadelphia are either questioning or condemning the police shooting that came before the riots. Even though it was a clearly justified shooting.

Little or no condemnation of the riots themselves.
Was it clearly justifed? Has there been an investigation into it?

The point is it's all being reported. With the bias you'd expect from the relative networks.

Was it clearly justifed? Has there been an investigation into it?
Well the footage shows a man waving a knife and refusing to comply. Seems clear cut to me although if there's more to it, I'm happy to change my mind.

My point is that the amount of coverage given to the BLM protests in general, even the peaceful ones, has dried up considerably.

Christmas just came early, free shoes.

Well the footage shows a man waving a knife and refusing to comply. Seems clear cut to me although if there's more to it, I'm happy to change my mind.

My point is that the amount of coverage given to the BLM protests in general, even the peaceful ones, has dried up considerably.
Perhaps the protests themselves have died down a little?

I would hazard a guess that one way or another we're going to see a resurgence next week!

There's also another big event (or two if you count the Supreme Court pick) which is rather understandably taking most of the coverage right now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom