ALM V BLM

We have to remember the problem is circular and because a cop does the most horrific thing this leads to a chain of events that leads to a new generation of people who hate the society that employs the cops.

Partly the protests have been COVID-19 cabin fever in that some have looked for a course to join mixed with those who hole hartley believe in the campaign.

Here's a decent video from the BLM protest's in Australia to give you an idea of the mindset of some BLM protesters. The ALM question is raised.

All that video demonstrates is a bunch of mostly white Australians can't explain what systemic racism is. Hardly surprising if they've never experienced it or even given it a thought in the past.

All that video demonstrates is a bunch of mostly white Australians can't explain what systemic racism is. Hardly surprising if they've never experienced it or even given it a thought in the past.
I work in an office where I am the few white people, I can say while everyone talks and is respectful, I don't get invited to lunch or evenings out!

He said it was happening here, so I was curious as to where.

Just to help these are the posts I have made in this 11 pages long thread.

View attachment 1327636

You could argue the two or three threads locked in the general discussion as censorship. If their are problematic post in a thread why not just delete them and and re-open the threads or move them to the politics section.
Not saying you closed them IG think it was one of the other mods.

You could argue the two or three threads locked in the general discussion as censorship. If their are problematic post in a thread why not just delete them and and re-open the threads or move them to the politics section.
Not saying you closed them IG think it was one of the other mods.

We were discussing the Politics Forum, not GC and I misunderstood what lucasisking meant. We understand each other now, so we've moved on.

Sorry I've lost track of which poster is on whose side now, do we need a poll or maybe a flag in their avatar, it may help.

That assumes there are only two sides to a very complex issue...

I work in an office where I am the few white people, I can say while everyone talks and is respectful, I don't get invited to lunch or evenings out!
I share your pain. The right to be invited out to social events by your work colleagues should be a fundamental human right. This puts the killing of George Floyd into perspective.

Sorry I've lost track of which poster is on whose side now, do we need a poll or maybe a flag in their avatar, it may help.
This is the problem. The mainstream thrive on sides, and these sides have become more binary and more extreme. So it just perpetuates a cycle of division and tribalism. A real shame.

I share your pain. The right to be invited out to social events by your work colleagues should be a fundamental human right. This puts the killing of George Floyd into perspective.
Everyone agrees what happened to him was terrible. Doesn't mean that every single point or anecdote should just be dismissed because it doesn't qualify high enough in the victim Olympics. There's stories to be told between the extremes of brutal murder and total privilege.

Everything I've read and seen about BLM, antifa, the far left, and 'wokeness' in general (for lack of a better term) points to a growing ideology that seems toxic, divisive, authoritarian, destructive, marxist, totalitarian, and bears all the hallmarks of a modern secular religion (with its very own 'original sin' of white privilege). That includes a puritanical intolerance of criticism. In my personal experience, I've had friends on facebook declare they wont speak to anyone again unless they publically commit to BLM. And if you want evidence of the intolerance, try this for starters.
I agree with your every word. Wokeness is not only destroying open debate but denying freedom of speech. I think institutions, both public and private are run by weak minded white people who don't understand what actual racism is, are out of their depth and incapable of countering spurious accusations of racisms. So they either cave in to demands from the 'woke' crowd or make gestures such as withdrawing episode of Fawlty Towers or Golden Girls.

Everyone agrees what happened to him was terrible. Doesn't mean that every single point or anecdote should just be dismissed because it doesn't qualify high enough in the victim Olympics. There's stories to be told between the extremes of brutal murder and total privilege.
There is a scale and not every experience is equally valid.

3 mins in sums the argument up.

I don't care for any isms, be it racism, feminism, i don't care for direct action either, i don't care for wokeness, or Foucault, french philosophy power structure bollox either. And i certainly don't care for those monetising racism on any side.
There's plenty of complex mature discussions online and multiple academic sources.

Factually, statistically, people only have to do three things to avoid poverty.

1. Go to school, achieve pass-marks. (Although if you go to uni and study nonsense then expect to be paid nonsense when you've finished).
2. Get a full-time job. Whatever that is, girlfriend worked up-to 5 jobs a day to pay for herself when she arrived on these shores with literally nothing, not even basic language skills.
3. Marry before having children.

That doesn't mean it's easy, life isn't easy, even for millionaires, who tend not to work a flat 37 hrs. Inherited wealth is a myth.

The biggest predictor of poverty-crime is the broken home/family unit.

In conclusion, any sloganised party be it BLM, ALM, BNP can bog off.

3 mins in sums the argument up.

I don't care for any isms, be it racism, feminism, i don't care for direct action either, i don't care for wokeness, or Foucault, french philosophy power structure bollox either. And i certainly don't care for those monetising racism on any side.
There's plenty of complex mature discussions online and multiple academic sources.

Factually, statistically, people only have to do three things to avoid poverty.

1. Go to school, achieve pass-marks. (Although if you go to uni and study nonsense then expect to be paid nonsense when you've finished).
2. Get a full-time job. Whatever that is, girlfriend worked up-to 5 jobs a day to pay for herself when she arrived on these shores with literally nothing, not even basic language skills.
3. Marry before having children.

That doesn't mean it's easy, life isn't easy, even for millionaires, who tend not to work a flat 37 hrs. Inherited wealth is a myth.

The biggest predictor of poverty-crime is the broken home/family unit.

In conclusion, any sloganised party be it BLM, ALM, BNP can bog off.

Number 1 is a massive challenge for many people, meaning the deck is already stacked against them before they even attempt number 2.

What you're saying may be statistically true, but all of that is far easier written than actually done.

Number 1 is a massive challenge for many people, meaning the deck is already stacked against them before they even attempt number 2.
Which is exactly where a wealthy powerful organisation like BLM could have an impact. Provide programs to help keep kids in school. Extra help with studies, encouragement and education on the benefits of getting through school.

But to suggest that you need to take personal responsibility and work hard in order to succeed flies in the face of their theology that the country is institutionally racist and you are doomed before you try.

Instead they drum into kids this narrative that they have to fight and take what's theirs, rather than work hard and earn what they want.

What you're saying may be statistically true, but all of that is far easier written than actually done.
There is no easy answer. But I'm pretty sure that destroying the system, fighting capitalism and crippling the police isn't it.

And i certainly don't care for those monetising racism on any side.
Yep so many of those gobshites - doing a 'tribali$m' for money. Get a proper job! And their supporters ... get some self-respect!

I detest racial identity politics in whatever form it takes. What really concerns me about the current debate is the regression towards political divides along racial lines. Some black people (including those who founded BLM) seem to view the colour of their skin as an integral part of their political identity rather than an immutable characteristic in a way that would quite rightly be considered highly problematic if they were white nationalists.

I know it is a cliche, but when did judging people by the content of their character rather than the colour of the skin become so old fashioned? To state you are colour blind is now to be accused of a micro aggression or worse. And who is this ‘black community’ that those pushing the BLM message are referring too? Black people are not one homogenous group that all have the same world view and to pigeon hole them in that way is in itself arguably racist.

There are many black and other non-white people who are highly critical of the BLM movement but they get absolutely no air time on the main stream media. Everyone should go and watch Triggernometry’s recent discussion with Zuby on YouTube and then listen to his rap music on Spotify, which is excellent.

Last edited:

A very good historian but a bit of a knob. semantically though he’s correct and that will be his defence I suspect

Didn’t need the “damn” part as that changes the tone though

Shock historian is his thing

Last edited:
A very good historian but a bit of a knob. semantically though he’s correct and that will be his defence I suspect

Didn’t need the “damn” part as that changes the tone though

Shock historian is his thing
I think he is a "damn" idiot.there has been a hell of a lot worse than murder done to slaves.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom