Alternatives for FTP, Remote Control, and few other things on HTC Desire

yazooo

Established Member
Reaction score
Right,

Had this phone a week now and very, very impressed with it. Have done a lot of fiddling like adding voice to text, voice search, changing the launcher etc.

Few things I can't get to work. Connecting to my FTP server over 3G seems a no go...from some googling it seems some network providers block the FTP protocol. I will call mine up to see if I can find out.

Does anyone know of some sort of alternative? A drop box solution or something like that...I simply want to be able to put nzb files onto my NAS so I can start downloading from anywhere!

For remote control. I have read that logmein is coming up with an adroid app. In the mean time I have tried phonemypc which I am very impressed with. It has some nice functions like control just the mouse which is great for say watching a media on your telly if it runs through a PC.

Also, has anyone put video files onto their device yet? I know further codec support is coming, but what would we have to convert say an xvid to for it to run on the Desire? The screen is too good not to be watching stuff on!

Moving to Android Software forum :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom