Bargain Expired Amazon Bargain question (knife sharpener).

Thug

Reaction score
Was after a knife sharpener for my good quality kitchen knives and decided on this one, which was not too expensive and seemed ok looking at YouTube reviews.
RUIXIN Upgraded Version Fixed-angle Knife Sharpener Professional Kitchen Knife Sharpener Kits System 4 Sharpening Stones 120#, 320#, 600#, 1500#: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools
It cost £19.34, but I also noticed the same one from a new market place trader for £2.88 delivered, so hit 'buy'.
When I check out the seller everything they sell is £2.88 delivered, so a dare say its a mistake.
What are the chances of getting my bargain? Or do you think they will notice the mistake and refund? Or worse still run off with my money or add another charge for import duties (does say UK seller, but I don't think it is).

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Ah, just clicked on 'other sellers' and its now disappeared.
I think they have noticed their mistake.
Not been refunded yet though, so may still get it.

Just checked their other items and now all saying 'unavailable'.

Just two sellers now, both in Hong Kong. It looks like a cheap knock off of a much more expensive product even at £19.34.

Yeah the one for £20 is a cheap knock off of a more expensive sharpener (Edge Pro about 10x the price), so this one will be the £20 I am sure, but they obviously made a mistake. I wonder if they will honour it still.

I bought a cheap version of that system from eBay, it came with 5 grades of stones. It's slow and a bit of a faf to set up but I reckon it's a good way for a novice (like me) to sharpen good knives consistently without ruining them. My knives however don't warrant the effort so I get by with a steel.

Just had an email its been dispatched.

"If it sounds too good to be true, then it normally is" is all I will say.

"If it sounds too good to be true, then it normally is" is all I will say.
I do agree, but sometimes, just sometimes, you do get a bargain.
A work mate paid less than a pound for an in car camera (from Amazon), which obviously a mistake, but it did arrive (although it took about 3 months).
I will what turns up on the ETA of the 14th July.

Yep, bargains can be had from amazon at times...we got 2 cat beds for about 2 quid each instead of over 20 each, and lots of others...but lots of times we've has some cancelled too...

Well the bad news is it was a scam and the order is still saying out for delivery (by the 19th July).
The good news is Amazon refunded me straight away.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom