Amazon FireStick HDMI plugged in to HK AVR 247 -- Video OK; No Audio -- Help!

audiodad

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have owned an HK AVR 247 receiver since 2010 -- which has 2 HDMI inputs and 1 HDMI output. Recently I purchased an Amazon Fire Stick (which has an HDMI connector), configured it, and plugged it directly into HDMI input source...and was able to project a very beautiful image of the video through an overhead projector connected to the AVR 247 receiver through HDMI out port. The only problem, I am not able to get any audio signal through my speakers -- either in the stereo mode or surround modes and I tried all sorts of settings.

I have verified playing an audio track from a DVD player connected to DVD input that the audio is working fine. Just that I can't seem to get it from the Amazon Fire Stick through HDMI input and HDMI output. Any advice on why this is happening?

Looking at the HK Manual it appears to be possible to have the HDMI Input set to something other than HDMI Audio, ie. Optical Audio, or Analogue audio, this should be set as default to HDMI Audio.
Have you tried the other HDMI Input?

Looking at the HK Manual it appears to be possible to have the HDMI Input set to something other than HDMI Audio, ie. Optical Audio, or Analogue audio, this should be set as default to HDMI Audio.
Have you tried the other HDMI Input?

Hmm... Great Insight!!! No I didn't. let me explore that option. Can you point to which page you are looking at in the manual? Want to see the steps to get there.

page 34 configure
make sure hdmi input is set for both hdmi video and audio

Thanks for your insights. I went through the options. And at the moment hdmi input is set to hdmi and the problem still remains. I am wondering if the AVR 247 box..which was launched in 2010 was using an early version of HDMI spec, and somehow Amazon FireStick which was announced much later might be using a later version that conficts? if that even a possibility?

Apologies if you've already tried this but I would start by connecting the Fire Stick directly to the TV/Projector to see if the problem is with the stick itself.

I tried that. The stick works. We were just trying to resurrect our home theatre..which was not used recently much -- and which is why I tried to integrate the FireStick with my 2010 bought receiver. Pleasantly surprised to see the HDMI port work well with the video. But the audio is still missing.

Thanks for your suggestions. Let me know if anybody can think of anything else.

Everything suggested in this video has already been tried. The problem still remains.

The same firestick when plugged into a HDMI port on TV it works well -- since now the TV is the source for video and Audio.

However when the same FireStick is plugged directly into the HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 port on HK AVR 247 (which I bought in 2010) -- the output port is also HDMI -- whihc goes directly to an overhead projector -- the video displays fine. However the audio -- I was hoping gets directed to the speakers connected to the AVR Receiver -- the audio does not come through.

Baflling. Any other suggestions are welcome.

-Bala

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom