Amazon, Netflix and iplayer atrocious on Smart TV

Clarry

Standard Member
Reaction score
All streaming services on my Smart TV are agonisingly slow compared to through the PS3. They run fine once something is selected, but navigating the menu is glacial.

In Amazon and Netflix, for example, 90% of the film and TV icons are blank and to navigate with the remote control is “press”…wait 20 seconds….”press”…wait 20 seconds etc. etc. Actual streaming and picture is fine once something is selected.

BBC and Ch4 players, however are atrocious. Navigation and Pictures.

Would this be an internet connection thing (works perfectly on PS3 and tablet)?

thanks

What tv is it? Sounds like an older model as every modern TV I've used in the last 4-5 years has been really quick in regards to inbuilt apps

Whatever it is has to be something that can affect lots of different apps from different services - most comments here are usually about a problem with one app at a time.

As youve guessed there are two possibilities - the processor in the TV is running the interface slow or content being slow to load due to the connection speed to the TV.

I think you would know if its the TV as it would be slow doing anything. Your internet sounds OK if you can stream on other devices but its still odd streaming is OK on the TV but not the interface

For a problem that just appeared most of us just unplug or reboot the TV to clear.
Its best to use either 5GHz Wifi or wired connection. A phone can show you Wifi strength and speed around the house
If you have a web browser app on the TV then that can measure internet speed just like on a PC

If the TV is more than 5 years old then its worth thinking about getting a Firestick or Roku stick for apps

It’s a Sony Bravia KDL-32WE6xx from 2018

I’ve tried setting up as a wired network to see if that makes a difference but it won’t let me. Keeps saying connection failed.

It’s just the interface, so I’ll just have to unplug every few days to reset. It’s marginally better after that.

Thanks for the help.

If you think its TV specific you might get better help in the Sony TV part of this forum, or Sony's own forum, or Sony Support page for that TV

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom