prime originals
doc
rent or buy
top tv picks
buy recommended tv
included with prime: TV Genres
You are now at HDR
====prime 4K ultra-hd tv=====
If you scroll across the top menus to where it says TV then you will only have to look around 4 or 5 rows down to find the 4K Tv stuff.

The best Amazon Prime too I heard was to cancel it. Which I've now done.

Appalling interface and a shockingly poor selection of stuff to watch. The 'recently added' section stays more or less the same for months on end. Absolute rip off...

The best Amazon Prime too I heard was to cancel it. Which I've now done.

Appalling interface and a shockingly poor selection of stuff to watch. The 'recently added' section stays more or less the same for months on end. Absolute rip off...

its excellent the purge just started on wednesday and jack ryan im slowly making it to the end.
have watched loads of hdr series grand tour, bosch, goliath, sneaky pete, hand of god, mad dogs just to name a few.
+ get the music oh and next day delivery

its excellent the purge just started on wednesday and jack ryan im slowly making it to the end.
have watched loads of hdr series grand tour, bosch, goliath, sneaky pete, hand of god, mad dogs just to name a few.
+ get the music oh and next day delivery

Horses for courses I guess. I wouldn't personally class any of those as top tier...

Search uhd and half of the stuff is only HD, why is amazon so crap ?

I get the feeling Amazon are close to giving up on Prime Video entirely. They have a few shows in the pipeline, which will continue to dribble out, but they know it's essentially over now. Netflix has won.

I get the feeling Amazon are close to giving up on Prime Video entirely. They have a few shows in the pipeline, which will continue to dribble out, but they know it's essentially over now. Netflix has won.

Netflix may be the preferred source, but Amazon certainly have not lost. They have plenty of decent content.

As per my other thread above, Prime have removed ALL 4K UHD HDR content that used to available, I've watched most of them - Grand Tour/Sneaky Pete/Man in the High Castle etc etc
There used to be TWO versions of some content: an HD version and a 4K UHD HDR version.

Now it's only the HD versions that are available, the only 4K UHD content available has to be RENTED or PURCHASED !

Now it's only the HD versions that are available, the only 4K UHD content available has to be RENTED or PURCHASED !
There at least 30 UHD as I just checked and there 29 UHD series showing and clicking on one such as Goliath opened up an other season in UHD and I bet some of the others are the same.

There at least 30 UHD as I just checked and there 29 UHD series showing and clicking on one such as Goliath opened up an other season in UHD and I bet some of the others are the same.

Interesting - but how come I can no longer find any Prime (free to view) content in UHD. I've watched most of the UHD content that was previously available. It also appears that on any UHD content that is available to rent or purchase, when a sample trailer is viewed the title shows UHD but if paused, the TV only shows 1080p HD.
For example The Grand Tour was available in UHD HDR - the TV confirmed it, the backlight setting went up to 100 and the paused screen also showed UHD HDR - not any more, it's only available in HD now, whereas before BOTH versions were available/viewable - HD and UHD HDR.
The Looming Tower is another example, that I watched in UHD now only available in HD
Ditto The Man in the High Castle................

Would you care to share how/where you are finding all the UHD content you mention in your post ?
29 UHD series ? - I can no longer find any.....

I can view 4K UHD content on Netflix with no issues, so it's not the TV or line speed issues.

Regards
VSR

I just log into Prime and just go down the sections and on mine its the third one. An then when I go across the line all the UHD programs at there albeit no films.
Also if you see a series but not the season you want click on the season and it will bring up Seasons at the top of the screen click it and it will show what seasons available.

I just log into Prime and just go down the sections and on mine its the third one. An then when I go across the line all the UHD programs at there albeit no films.
Also if you see a series but not the season you want click on the season and it will bring up Seasons at the top of the screen click it and it will show what seasons available.

Thanks for the response. AFAIR that's the same way I used to find UHD content, but Prime changed their Home screen not that long ago, later I will have another go and ensure I cover all possible options/menus to look for any UHD content....

VSR

Thanks for the response. AFAIR that's the same way I used to find UHD content, but Prime changed their Home screen not that long ago, later I will have another go and ensure I cover all possible options/menus to look for any UHD content....

VSR
It was there this morning I checked before posting, is it the way your TV is planning the content? Mines a Samsung.

BTW it similar to the post/pic in the other thread where you raised the topic and I find like theres the third from the top

Very interesting.
I’ve no idea what is going on at Amazon, but on my C7s app, the included with prime UHD row is 68 clicks down and when you do get to it, there are only 10 titles available.
I can understand why @vinylstillrules thinks there is nothing available.
I’ve taken a chance and ordered a 4K firestick on a Black Friday deal to see if it is any better, though why I’m spending any money at all to solve Amazons own incompetence I’m not entirely sure.

Very interesting.
I’ve no idea what is going on at Amazon, but on my C7s app, the included with prime UHD row is 68 clicks down and when you do get to it, there are only 10 titles available.
I’ve taken a chance and ordered a 4K firestick on a Black Friday deal to see if it is any better, though why I’m spending any money at all to solve Amazons own incompetence I’m not entirely sure.
C7 is that not an old Sony Betamax player:rolleyes:

Joking apart is that's a Samsung Galaxy?

C7 is that not an old Sony Betamax player:rolleyes:

Joking apart is that's a Samsung Galaxy?
A 2017 LG OLED. The Amazon app was last updated 1 month ago as was the TVs firmware.
The 10 titles they now have listed is significantly less than it was a couple of weeks ago. In fact it’s fewer than I have saved on my watchlist.

I was wrong its the 4th one down or may have been bumped down one as I opened a non UHD section up. But as you can see its there the forth on my list.
Amazon top.jpg
Amazon next.jpg

I was wrong its the 4th one down or may have been bumped down one as I opened a non UHD section up. But as you can see its there the forth on my list.
View attachment 1086748 View attachment 1086749
Beat, Homecoming, Jack Ryan and Sneaky Pete in that shot are no longer listed in my version of the app. There are obviously plenty more as you scroll across.
That is really helpful as it implies Amazon are unable to provide the same service to all devices, so those of us, including me, accusing Amazon of hiding UHD content should in fact be concentrating on their inability to cope with the huge number of app versions out there.

Beat, Homecoming, Jack Ryan and Sneaky Pete in that shot are no longer listed in my version of the app. There are obviously plenty more as you scroll across.
That is really helpful as it implies Amazon are unable to provide the same service to all devices, so those of us, including me, accusing Amazon of hiding UHD content should in fact be concentrating on their inability to cope with the huge number of app versions out there.
Is it Amazon or how your app dealing with content?

No idea, could be either.
I’ll post back when I get the firestick. I’m hoping it does a much better job. It will be worth the £35 if it gives me an improved UHD list.

A valid point......perhaps certain TV's/apps are showing different Prime home pages/listings mine has certainly changed, I never used to have any problem finding/viewing UHD content. Unless of course there may have been a recent Prime update that has not been picked up on my TV ?
I'll need to try the Prime App on my UB900 and see what comes up.........I normally use the TV App..

Very interesting.

Spent some time earlier looking through the entire Prime listings.
Firstly, I must apologise for miss-leading anyone regarding the lack of UHD content presently on Prime.
Yes there is indeed "some" content still available.
I had to scroll 66 ? rows down to find it !! and even then (on my Panny) there is only 15 Prime series titles available, very few of the ones I originally watched are now present/available ? including GT / Man in... / Sneaky Pete/ Hand of God / Mad Dogs / Bosch / The Looming Tower etc etc

I can find NO Prime films at all in UHD unless you either RENT or PURCHASE them..............not sure if that's changed or not ?

Hope this may be helpful.........

VSR

Spent some time earlier looking through the entire Prime listings.
Firstly, I must apologise for miss-leading anyone regarding the lack of UHD content presently on Prime.
Yes there is indeed "some" content still available.
I had to scroll 66 ? rows down to find it !! and even then (on my Panny) there is only 15 Prime series titles available, very few of the ones I originally watched are now present/available ? including GT / Man in... / Sneaky Pete/ Hand of God / Mad Dogs / Bosch / The Looming Tower etc etc

I can find NO Prime films at all in UHD unless you either RENT or PURCHASE them..............not sure if that's changed or not ?

Hope this may be helpful.........

VSR
There are a handful of prime UHD movies. Go to Amazon.co.uk: Prime Video and look for the prime banner on some like Elysium for example.
Sign in through the link to save them to your watchlist.
I’m fairly certain that there are other movies and TV shows available that are not listed anywhere and can only be found by a google search. For example search for one of your missing titles “sneaky Pete amazon 4k uhd” and it’s the first result.
My fire 4K stick will be with me tomorrow afternoon. I’m very curious to see if it’s better on their own device.

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom