Firestick is up and running and gives me 29 UHD titles from the homepage. That compares to 10 titles from the Prime app on my tv.
I suspect there are more that are not listed for whatever reason, but I’m happy enough for now.
As 29 matches the amount @Garrett is getting, it appears to make a huge difference what device you are using.

Firestick is up and running and gives me 29 UHD titles from the homepage. That compares to 10 titles from the Prime app on my tv.
I suspect there are more that are not listed for whatever reason, but I’m happy enough for now.
As 29 matches the amount @Garrett is getting, it appears to make a huge difference what device you are using.

Already have a standard Firestick/Alexa but I'm now tempted to get a UHD version......especially at the Black Friday price.....
VSR

Already have a standard Firestick/Alexa but I'm now tempted to get a UHD version......especially at the Black Friday price.....
VSR
There are still some missing. Marvellous Mrs Maisel 4K version isn’t listed, I’ve got it in my watchlist thanks to a quick google, but it’s a huge improvement for the £35 outlay.

I plugged in my new 4K Firestick earlier hoping to get a bigger selection of Prime 4K titles- "NOPE" the 4K listings on the FireStick are exactly the same as my TV app - only 12 or 13 Prime 4K series- the only benefit is you don't need to scroll down 60+ clicks as on the TV app - the 4K titles on the Firestick are 4 or 5 clicks down ( the home menu being much smaller)

Still can't find some of the 4K series titles I've previously viewed - Man In the .../ Bosch / GT / Sneaky Pete / Mad Dogs / American Gods / etc etc - yes you can still get them in HD but not in UHD!

VSR

I plugged in my new 4K Firestick earlier hoping to get a bigger selection of Prime 4K titles- "NOPE" the 4K listings on the FireStick are exactly the same as my TV app - only 12 or 13 Prime 4K series- the only benefit is you don't need to scroll down 60+ clicks as on the TV app - the 4K titles on the Firestick are 4 or 5 clicks down ( the home menu being much smaller)

Still can't find some of the 4K series titles I've previously viewed - Man In the .../ Bosch / GT / Sneaky Pete / Mad Dogs / American Gods / etc etc - yes you can still get them in HD but not in UHD!

VSR
Scroll across to the TV show heading. Its still giving me 29 titles under that.
The 4K listing on the homepage dropped back to 10 titles for me after 24 hours, exactly the same 10 as on my TVs app......very odd, but it is Amazon we’re talking about!!

Just upgraded my broadband. One of the reasons was so I'd be able to watch 4k content on Netflix and Amazon in better quality as I'd struggled to get high enough download speeds before. It was difficult to find 4k stuff before but I usually managed it but now finding it virtually impossible to find hardly any 4K content on Amazon.

Thanks Amazon !

I was trying to watch The Marvelous Mrs Maisel Season 2 in 4k. Absolutely no sign of it by searching, browsing, checking the seasons listings, but there is a direct link to it via googling it. So I ranthe first couple of seconds on my phone and when I opened the app on my Nvidia Shield again, there it was in my list of continue watching shows. So this may be a decent workaround if you can get 4k on your phone or pc.

Still, theres absolutely no need for this to be so difficult. Amazon says:

"I do understand that you are unable to find the 4K prime titles separately. Please be informed that currently there is no exact way to fine the prime title with is available in 4K content.

Thanks for suggesting that we need to add this feature to Prime Video. Customer feedback like yours is very important in helping us continue to improve the experience of using our digital video service. I've forwarded your message to our Prime Video development team for consideration as we make future improvements.
"

So no chance of any change any time soon.

I seen a lot of post today about The Grand Tour not being in HDR although they been told it would be.
Here how to get it in HDR and other 4K HDR programs.
Tip originally mentioned by BriD and raymondo77 thanks:smashin:

If you go to any program in the normal listing it will not be in HDR e.g. clicking on that link it will not be in not HDR although UltraHD.
View attachment 787853

But if you go down to the section which just list 4K TV programs and there is a black UHD above the prime in the corner it will be in HDR

View attachment 787856

Since November I cannot see the UHD Row on any Prime TV shows.

Interesting - but how come I can no longer find any Prime (free to view) content in UHD. I've watched most of the UHD content that was previously available. It also appears that on any UHD content that is available to rent or purchase, when a sample trailer is viewed the title shows UHD but if paused, the TV only shows 1080p HD.
For example The Grand Tour was available in UHD HDR - the TV confirmed it, the backlight setting went up to 100 and the paused screen also showed UHD HDR - not any more, it's only available in HD now, whereas before BOTH versions were available/viewable - HD and UHD HDR.
The Looming Tower is another example, that I watched in UHD now only available in HD
Ditto The Man in the High Castle................

Would you care to share how/where you are finding all the UHD content you mention in your post ?
29 UHD series ? - I can no longer find any.....

I can view 4K UHD content on Netflix with no issues, so it's not the TV or line speed issues.

Regards
VSR

Same here exactly. No UHD Prime TV Shows since November sometime.

I have 2 x LGOLED55C7V TV’s and 2 x APPLE TV4KHDR devices. They are all the same. All running latest OS.

Very interesting.
I’ve no idea what is going on at Amazon, but on my C7s app, the included with prime UHD row is 68 clicks down and when you do get to it, there are only 10 titles available.
I can understand why @vinylstillrules thinks there is nothing available.
I’ve taken a chance and ordered a 4K firestick on a Black Friday deal to see if it is any better, though why I’m spending any money at all to solve Amazons own incompetence I’m not entirely sure.

On both my LGOLED55C7V’s and 2 x Apple TV4K HDR devices I clicked down 200 rows and still no UHD ROW.

On Amazon forums owners of Sony, LG, Samsung TV’s are posting about this new issue. 4K UHD row has disappeared for Prime TV SHOWS.

Perhaps Panasonic has not yet received the new update which messed up other TV Brands.
I no idea about Panasonic as mines a Samsung.

And that row of shows has moves up the the left one BEAT not being there now, and Homecoming being the first.

I no idea about Panasonic as mines a Samsung.

And that row of shows has moves up the the left one BEAT not being there now, and Homecoming being the first.
Beat and Homecoming were both briefly shown on my 4K Firestick, but have since disappeared along with ten or eleven others, and those listed now match exactly those listed on my LGs built in app.
I said somewhere that there is no way Amazon will be spending time messing around like this deliberately, so, logically, there must be something seriously wrong with the algorithm that categorises titles.
It seems to be completely random whether we get zero, a handful or quite a few 4K titles.
Amazon failing to recognise the issue is very frustrating.

Beat and Homecoming were both briefly shown on my 4K Firestick, but have since disappeared along with ten or eleven others, and those listed now match exactly those listed on my LGs built in app.
I said somewhere that there is no way Amazon will be spending time messing around like this deliberately, so, logically, there must be something seriously wrong with the algorithm that categorises titles.
It seems to be completely random whether we get zero, a handful or quite a few 4K titles.
Amazon failing to recognise the issue is very frustrating.
I just had a look and the 28 shows are down to 23, BEAT is missing and I did my trick to find 4k shows that were not on the list and BEAT not coming up 4k only HD.
Sneaky Pete in 4k.

I just had a look and the 28 shows are down to 23, BEAT is missing and I did my trick to find 4k shows that were not on the list and BEAT not coming up 4k only HD.
Sneaky Pete in 4k.
Lol. Yeah that sounds familiar, slowly but surely they disappear.
Every time I find a 4K title now it goes straight into my watchlist even if I might never watch it.
So far nothing has disappeared from there afaik.

Every time I find a 4K title now it goes straight into my watchlist even if I might never watch it.

I did the same. I went into Amazon web browser and added previous watched HDR to my Watch List. This is the only way I can watch in HDR.

PROBLEM WITH THIS METHOD IS THAT ANY NEW HDR SERIES WILL NOT BE ACCESSIBLE.

I did the same. I went into Amazon web browser and added previous watched HDR to my Watch List. This is the only way I can watch in HDR.

PROBLEM WITH THIS METHOD IS THAT ANY NEW HDR SERIES WILL NOT BE ACCESSIBLE.
True, but......
It means only searching new titles to see if there is a 4K version in any browser via Google and search for “title’ 4K UHD Amazon Prime. Add to watch list from there.
It’s not 100% reliable and I’m not happy about it, but it’s the best we have right now.

As you can see in that pic Inhumans although some are in I'm not going to watch, but I stumbled on Agent Carter one day and was coming back to it and next time I looked for it was off Prime so watched Inhumans despite all the brickbats it got and by the 4th episode was enjoying it.
Funny thing Saturday night I saw a film on Prime and was looking though films and it popped up again where you had to pay, I went back and there it was on Prime.

Is it possible that the people who can see lots of HDR content are in the US, and that the ones who cannot are in the UK.
If people could say which country they are in when posting about this problem, it could clarify things, also what device they are using (my Apple TV 4k shows almost nothing in the UK)

Is it possible that the people who can see lots of HDR content are in the US, and that the ones who cannot are in the UK.
If people could say which country they are in when posting about this problem, it could clarify things, also what device they are using (my Apple TV 4k shows almost nothing in the UK)

Not in my case. I am in the UK and never had any issues for 2 years with finding the [UHD ROW FOR TV SHOWS].

Then, suddenly in November that row has completely gone. This is the same on all 4 of my HDR - devices/TV’s.

Can any LG OLEDC7 or B7 owners please confirm that they can no longer see the UHD ROW in Amazon Video native TV APP?

Can any LG OLEDC7 or B7 owners please confirm that they can no longer see the UHD ROW in Amazon Video native TV APP?
No, it’s still there today. No guarantees about tomorrow.
The row on the homepage is close to the top, but under the tv tab it’s about 55 rows down.
It really doesn’t matter though because mine currently only has 10 older titles in it, nothing even close to being recent, so it’s of no use to me at all.
It’s nothing to do with the tv or LG though, I get exactly the same pathetic results on the 4K Firestick.
It’s an Amazon problem which they will continue to ignore.

No, it’s still there today. No guarantees about tomorrow.
The row on the homepage is close to the top, but under the tv tab it’s about 55 rows down.
It really doesn’t matter though because mine currently only has 10 older titles in it, nothing even close to being recent, so it’s of no use to me at all.
It’s nothing to do with the tv or LG though, I get exactly the same pathetic results on the 4K Firestick.
It’s an Amazon problem which they will continue to ignore.

Can i please ask you to quickly check something.

If you play one of those older 4K UHD TV shows, then back up to the menu. Does that program disappear from 4K UHD ROW after playing?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom