Amazon Prime's Upload Season 1 TV Show Review & Comments

I enjoyed the heck out of the trailer!

Really enjoyed it but I don't have high standards :)

Would definitely say more like 7/10 with some proper humour in there.

I have not seen this yet but will still give it a go but based on the review and score it won't a priority at the moment.

Yeah, I wouldn't warn you off it. There's a few things that I will confidently say are 'good'.
It's just inconsistent as all heck but for 10 half hour episodes (give or take) there are worse ways to spend your time.

As I’m a bit of a tech geek ... I liked it. I got hooked and did it in two sittings. I think your score is a tad lower for such what I consider an original program. I’d go 8/10.

This was a great watch! A little bit of all genres but by not take itself too seriously it's a perfect mixup as far as I'm concerned. I agree with Paul above 8/10!

Upload probably could have been made for CW without the explicit sexual humour and occasional gratuitous violence included for effect, perhaps with CW Upload may have found its niche.
Upload's script feels a bit over workshopped which is typical for most US studio made TV series, which tend to become formulaic and predictable.
Robbie Amell is developing his acting credentials but perhaps casting a leading actor more experienced playing satire / comedy roles could have made more of Upload's dark comedy appeal, I may also have then felt a bit more empathy for Nathan's dire plight in AI purgatory.
One highlight was Andy Allo's excellent role as Nora, the only issue was that Robbie Amell's bland acting style subdued the sexual magnetism between Nathan and Nora, but as this is a self obsessed future society we are looking at, not much different from what we see today, perhaps the actors are keeping true to the sci-fi genre..
I rate Upload 7 /10 mostly for the work put into the shows props and CGI production, after struggling through episode one Upload does keep you watching, especially if you like anything sci-fi.

watched first episode last night, quite refreshing, enjoyed it.

Is HDR10 poorly mastered on the Amazon new series’ “Upload”?

Looks so dull and just washed out. Much better in SDR.

I started watching this last night, wasn't sure at first but really enjoying it now.

I couldn't find the 4k version yesterday but managed to locate it this morning. :thumbsup:

How did Dylan, the 12 year old boy, get uploaded if you need to be scanned before death to upload? He fell down the Grand Canyon. Did he pass a scanner down there? Loved the show.
Shhhhhh 🤣🤣🤣

We just finished Season 2. Yes, some bits a little tooo soap for me, but I like that most of the time it does not take itself seriously, and that alllows for plenty of over-the-top characters. Basic fun after a long tough day.
P.S. I get little overtones of Eureka sometimes - damn I miss that series, but it had run its course plus a bit at the end.

We just finished Season 2. Yes, some bits a little tooo soap for me, but I like that most of the time it does not take itself seriously, and that alllows for plenty of over-the-top characters. Basic fun after a long tough day.
P.S. I get little overtones of Eureka sometimes - damn I miss that series, but it had run its course plus a bit at the end.
its just a bit of good fun with a hi-tech twist.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom