Amazon's Star Trek: Picard Season 1 Premiere Review & Comments

Meant that her participation in this weeks episode made it a far more enjoyable episode than last weeks with Picard and his trip to Rivendell to recruit Legolas :D

Last edited:
I thought this weeks was great, certainly an improvement on last week but a lot of that was down to a particular character.
I agree. Was (pleasantly) surprised by
how gory the opening moments were. Grit is something that fits this version of Star Trek, I feel.

And also the fact that
7 of 9 set off again & did not (at least as yet) become a permanent member of the crew.

But
The meeting with estranged Son
was a little soap opera for me though.

Having now watched the last episode I am left feeling disappointed. For me the series does not flow and I find the whole thing lacking pace

I was a massive TNG fan back in the day and am, for the most part, enjoying seeing Jean Luc in action again.

However, it all seems a bit of a mess to me. Maybe I didn’t pay sufficient attention to the early episodes but I am not entirely sure what is going on at some points.

I was a massive TNG fan back in the day and am, for the most part, enjoying seeing Jean Luc in action again.

However, it all seems a bit of a mess to me. Maybe I didn’t pay sufficient attention to the early episodes but I am not entirely sure what is going on at some points.

Said it before a few times but they really should have made the first 3 episodes a single feature length pilot as while I have no trouble remember every detail there are plenty that will forget stuff that was mentioned 4 weeks ago but then they do have the quick recaps to remind you of the main plot beats.

Said it before a few times but they really should have made the first 3 episodes a single feature length pilot as while I have no trouble remember every detail there are plenty that will forget stuff that was mentioned 4 weeks ago but then they do have the quick recaps to remind you of the main plot beats.
There is easily 45 minutes of trimmable material in those first three. I liked this week's well enough. Mostly because, outside of the first and last scenes, it felt nicely self contained.

The absence of a certain irritating character this week, could mean that they'll be the focal point next week. Which is very concerning.

The absence of a certain irritating character this week, could mean that they'll be the focal point next week. Which is very concerning.

Well Picard is now heading for the cube so their paths are about to cross and the story will become one.

Little bit of the Voyager theme as well which was nice to hear.

1582590631934.png

Having now watched the last episode I am left feeling disappointed. For me the series does not flow and I find the whole thing lacking pace
Agree the pacing for me is a real issue.

For me this weeks episoide was great and seemed to move up a notch
At last just when I was about to give up on it this series is finally becoming fun to watch. Plot-line has simplified, no more new characters and seeing Sirtis and Frakes at last was fabulous. Hooray.

Got to watch the latest Episode Sunday Evening, & possibly my favourite yet. Yes, it feels like the storyline has fully "settled down" :)
It was wonderful to see the natural chemistry between Stewart, Frakes & Sirtis in their characters happening all over again
Even with the "old hands" together, I did not feel that the newer cast members were overshadowed when performing with them. The characters in the scenes on the Planet felt very balanced to me.
I'm still surprised by Dr. Jurati's character swings
She shot an attacker dead in Picard's House, "killed" Maddox in the MedBay, but seems rather mouse-like otherwise, & just had a huge bout of self-revulsion at the end

As someone who has watched TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, DIS, all I can say is thank the lord they have moved away from al the moral dross, I didn't mind some in TOS but after that it was always like a religion even though GR said he would never force religion into an episode, and jeez Discovery should be called Cry Trek it's a bag of plop.

I like Picard a lot especially the cameos, I wish I could write Sci_Fi.

:) I see what you did there! And I hope you do enjoy the Expanse - first three episodes are excellent but build a little slow as you are introduced to the characters, but there is still some exciting action...
Then you get to Episode 4 :D:D:D

Actually loving this show. Working my way through the seasons. Not giving anything way but it buuild and builds. As you said, worth getting few the first few. Thanks for the tip.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom