Quantcast

Amazon's The Report Review & Comments

Toon Army

Thanks Cas- Not sure how I'm going to keep up with all these recommendations.

Garrett

Spotted that last night Ill have to bump it on my to watch list Cas.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Was alerted to this last night in the film watched thread. Not heard about it at all, but looking forward to it now.

Earthscope

Last edited:

Hampy1972

Thank you for covering this rare gem, Cas.

Watched it this morning.
Brilliant movie covering a topic that no one wants to talk about especially in the US.
Adam Driver emotional performance steals the film from the rest of cast which are no slouch either but it's all about Dan and he's desire for some justice..
Wish we had more movies like this....
9/10 for me.

Loved it...

encaser

Distinguished Member
It puts the documents in the shredder...Ah, Ted Levine.
Not too dusty a film. I did find myself slipping into Driver's Star Wars performance a bit when he got heated and trying to convince others and not Daisy but overall it worked.
The facts are obviously the more shocking - or at least used to be - points here. Torture repeatedly failed and yet they expected a different result - rinse/repeat (!), one of the signs of madness, funnily enough.
As worthy as these types of film and documentaries are; it leaves me wondering (like the reports) if they have any real effect, when they are up against unending tides of fear and ignorance? The film notes how promotions resulted for the CIA agents involved with zero criminal acts following and shows the usual backroom dealings of a 'democracy'. It's yet another outing whereby the phrase: "You can't handle the truth", all too often becomes the viewer's regret.

simonblue

Distinguished Member
Thank you for covering this rare gem, Cas.

Watched it this morning.
Brilliant movie covering a topic that no one wants to talk about especially in the US.
Adam Driver emotional performance steals the film from the rest of cast which are no slouch either but it's all about Dan and he's desire for some justice..
Wish we had more movies like this....
9/10 for me.

Loved it...
Not a movie,but Looming Towers is also a very good mini series on the same subject :)

Hampy1972

Not a movie,but Looming Towers is also a very good mini series on the same subject :)
Definitely, Jeff Daniels is mind blowing in that like he was in Godless. That was a 10 all day. :)

Roohster

Distinguished Member
Watched this last night, morbidly fascinating stuff.

Adam Driver is excellent and so is Annette Bening. I didn't recognise her at first, it's ages since I saw her in anything.