Amazon's Treadstone Season 1 Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Mess up how - is it in UHD for other countries so missing from the UK Prime Video listing?

If so perhaps wait a bit as we've noticed other series' UHD version appearing a few days after the "bog standard" HD release. :)

But if it's not in UHD elsewhere probably not a mess up so don't hold your breath...

Anyway, sounds like it's worth a watch so thanks for the review! :D

Thanks for the review Cas. Will give it a week or so to settle down (German Prime can be slow with UHD / OV), then check it out, as we love the Bourne Originals.

On the 2nd episode now. So far so good. The English journalist is my main concern thus far as the acting in her scenes hasn't been up to par, although her dialogue doesn't help. At one point a jeep pulls a handbrake turn in front of her car and she actually says 'we have a problem' to the passengers :laugh:
Action scenes have been great, some good twists as well. Definitely worth a watch.

Mess up how - is it in UHD for other countries so missing from the UK Prime Video listing?

If so perhaps wait a bit as we've noticed other series' UHD version appearing a few days after the "bog standard" HD release. :)

But if it's not in UHD elsewhere probably not a mess up so don't hold your breath...

Anyway, sounds like it's worth a watch so thanks for the review! :D
It's a mess up because, arguably Prime's nearest rival has committed to everything they make will be in at least 1080p HDR.

And while it's not adding or backing the argument here, a moan at Prime's treatment of HDR/UHD on their listing is absolutely a mess up. Even if this WAS in HDR, finding it would be impossible (thus making in HDR a pointless exercise?!!).

Amazon TV suits need a hardcore spanking....and film it in HDR.

It's a mess up because, arguably Prime's nearest rival has committed to everything they make will be in at least 1080p HDR.

And while it's not adding or backing the argument here, a moan at Prime's treatment of HDR/UHD on their listing is absolutely a mess up. Even if this WAS in HDR, finding it would be impossible (thus making in HDR a pointless exercise?!!).

Amazon TV suits need a hardcore spanking....and film it in HDR.

It's not actually an Amazon made production, so that's probably why it's not in UHD/HDR. It's made by USA Network which also made Mr Robot, also shown on Prime in 1080p only. Their own recent productions have all been HDR and occassionally DV.

I totally agree regarding their listings. It is slightly better now than it was, but still utterly stupid compared to Netflix.

Can't remember who on here pointed it out, but go onto Amazon.co.uk and search for the title and add UHD and it will find it for you. Add it to your watchlist from there. Not ideal but better than scrolling down for the rest of our lives.

I remember looking for Homecoming when it came out. Saw it advertised that it was available in UHD. After nearly giving up looking for it, I had one last go. It was midway along the 94th line!!! :mad:

Last edited:
I would suggest a link like this for whenever a new show is released
if it's in 4K then it'll show up and you can add to your Watchlist to see on devices later.

There is also the Prime page for all 4K Amazon.co.uk: Prime Video

As a Prime sub can be sometimes be had for £59 and unlike Netflix there's actually a fair bit of stuff worth watching the moaning above is not really warranted.

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I would suggest a link like this for whenever a new show is released
if it's in 4K then it'll show up and you can add to your Watchlist to see on devices later.

There is also the Prime page for all 4K Amazon.co.uk: Prime Video

As a Prime sub can be sometimes be had for £59 and unlike Netflix there's actually a fair bit of stiff worth watching the moaning above is not really warranted.
Just checked this UHD page with Amazon, quite a few of these shows are on netflix as part of their basic subscription like John Wick 3 in 1080p. Not sure I would want to pay more for the extra sharpness. Depends on your needs I guess.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Depends on your setup of course but we find HDR is of more benefit than the extra dots, especially for TV viewing. :)

Agree about the UHD content being a little hidden on Amazon. As suggested above we usually add stuff to our watch list using the website; much easier!

Thanks for the review, I am currently on episode 3 and thoroughly enjoying this series.
Great fight scenes, lovely locations and entertaining enough for a couple of episode's a night when time allows.

Thanks for the review Cas.
I powered through the first 6 episodes at the weekend and absolutely loving it. Amazing fight scenes, and the world globe trotting within the story line is impressive. 10/10 for me. :thumbsup:
Hope we get a second season, and in UHD please!

I tried to get into this but struggled.... should go past the 1st ep really.

im afraid to watch this. First 3 movies are stellar but it then went down hill

What rating is this. 12 15 or18?

Thought this was OK, initially having multiple story threads with one in a different time period was confusing. Would say not a lot made much sense until episode 3, but definitely worth persevering.

On the plus side, its well acted and the characters use their natural language which adds to realism and as it goes on, jumping time periods and characters becomes less jarring.

Looking forward to S2

On the 2nd episode now. So far so good. The English journalist is my main concern thus far as the acting in her scenes hasn't been up to par, although her dialogue doesn't help. At one point a jeep pulls a handbrake turn in front of her car and she actually says 'we have a problem' to the passengers :laugh:
Action scenes have been great, some good twists as well. Definitely worth a watch.
Agree the English Journalist is the one weak spot on a very enjoyable first two episodes we've watched.
Unlike the latest Jack Ryan series also on Amazon. The lead character has the acting ability of a wooden spoon. And the plot, Oh Dear! The CIA have an operative working a Russian Government informer. They meet undercover in Moscow, the CIA operative is Black. Not too many Black People in Moscow, think he might be easy to follow? Back in Venezuela Jack Ryan picks up a girl in the hotel bar goes back to his room with her. Sensitive US Government documents are left out in the open. Guess the rest! Awful acting and a stupid script.

Sat down to watch this and my partner came through the door at the very first scene and I had to turn it off due to my lovely partner can not "handle subtitles..." I did explain that it is in English but she was having non of it. (She is missing out on so much in my view on some quality TV and films).

15 mins in she's back "Its in English...." I did not bother to point out I said this originally, so we are going to start watching this tonight and quite looking forward to it.

Don't forget a double agent and an arms dealer working for ISIS!

Agree the English Journalist is the one weak spot on a very enjoyable first two episodes we've watched.
Unlike the latest Jack Ryan series also on Amazon. The lead character has the acting ability of a wooden spoon. And the plot, Oh Dear! The CIA have an operative working a Russian Government informer. They meet undercover in Moscow, the CIA operative is Black. Not too many Black People in Moscow, think he might be easy to follow? Back in Venezuela Jack Ryan picks up a girl in the hotel bar goes back to his room with her. Sensitive US Government documents are left out in the open. Guess the rest! Awful acting and a stupid script.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom