Amazon's Treadstone Season 1 Review & Comments

I'm not going to pay $2.99 an episode in the US to watch this show on Amazon. Not part of the free Prime.

Cheers for the review @Casimir Harlow , will will give this a go now as was not sure it would be up to task . Well as soon as I'm done with Titans that is .

Mess up how - is it in UHD for other countries so missing from the UK Prime Video listing?

If so perhaps wait a bit as we've noticed other series' UHD version appearing a few days after the "bog standard" HD release. :)

But if it's not in UHD elsewhere probably not a mess up so don't hold your breath...

Anyway, sounds like it's worth a watch so thanks for the review! :D
Just to clarify. It is in UHD in other Countries? If so i an wait for UK HDR version.

A quick check shows it not being UHD at amazon.com either so waiting would seem to be pointless. Far more worrying is that Picard is not showing UHD there either.

Call me shallow, but it not being in UHD HDR kind of puts me off watching it. I’m accustomed to that being the standard for big releases now, and it really adds something to my enjoyment of a show.

Saying that, I’m miles behind with other things I want to watch anyway so can leave this for now and see if UHD appears later.

@jwsg I’ll be really disappointed if Picard isn’t in UHD when it lands!

A quick check shows it not being UHD at amazon.com either so waiting would seem to be pointless. Far more worrying is that Picard is not showing UHD there either.
That would be very interesting. CBS made StarTrek Discovery in HDR/DOLBYVISION, so you would think they made PICARD in HDR.

Everything Netflix produces be it TV Shows or Movies ought to be in HDR/DOLBYVISION and Atmos in most cases.

Everything Amazon produces be it TV Shows or Movies ought to be in HDR and Atmos in most cases.

Everything AppleTV+ produces be it TV Shows or Movies ought to be in HDR/DOLBYVISION and Atmos in most cases.

Everything Disney produces be it TV Shows or Movies ought to be in HDR/DOLBYVISION and Atmos in most cases.

Everything BBC produces be it TV Shows or Movies ought to be in HDR/HLG.

As already stated on this thread the reason this is not UHD is because it is not made by Amazon it is made by USA Network, the same network that makes Suits and Mr. Robot. I’m pretty sure content made by other networks and on Netflix also isn’t available in UHD... American Horror Story, how to get away with murder etc

Keeps my attention but not at the standard of the first 3 bourne movies but i guess that is a tall order. I still quite like this even though it is a little stumbling but i suspect it will warm up as it goes along like many shows. Fight scenes straight out of the Bourne movies for sure :). The first season of the Expanse was by no means a top show but it got there for sure in the following seasons and i have hopes for this one as well

Your shallow. Ever thought about just watching good content? :facepalm:
I deserve that. :) I doubt i'm the only one on an audio visual forum who prefers watching content with the best possible picture quality however. It's why I buy 4K Blu Rays, why I bought an OLED TV, etc.

The "best possible quality" today is not that tomorrow. There's been two gens of LG OLED since I bought mine and consumer equipment is always a compromise anyway. I suggest accepting Treadstone is not in UHD and also think about the benefits of being able to afford many more 4K films by iTunes streaming rather than just buying UHD disks.

The "best possible quality" today is not that tomorrow. There's been two gens of LG OLED since I bought mine and consumer equipment is always a compromise anyway. I suggest accepting Treadstone is not in UHD and also think about the benefits of being able to afford many more 4K films by iTunes streaming rather than just buying UHD disks.
Of course, by 'best possible quality' I of course mean the best within the confines of what I can afford!

I tend to buy 4K Blu's, watch them and then sell them on. But I take your tip about iTunes, I have often considered that as I often hear about bargains to be had.

If you don’t have a HDR TV, why even bother watching anything. Cheapskates. Work harder and spend £3,000 on a decent 65inch HDR TV.

So.... whats this new series actually like? Worth a watch?

So.... whats this new series actually like? Worth a watch?
The picture quality is quite good. The plot is somewhat all over the places, too many parallel stories and a constant break of the time line.

It is neither bad nor good.

Everything Netflix produces be it TV Shows or Movies ought to be in HDR/DOLBYVISION and Atmos in most cases.

Everything Amazon produces be it TV Shows or Movies ought to be in HDR and Atmos in most cases.

Everything AppleTV+ produces be it TV Shows or Movies ought to be in HDR/DOLBYVISION and Atmos in most cases.

Everything Disney produces be it TV Shows or Movies ought to be in HDR/DOLBYVISION and Atmos in most cases.

Everything BBC produces be it TV Shows or Movies ought to be in HDR/HLG.
Regarding the BBC and its HD transmissions on Freesat. Read a while ago they had reduced the bitrate, to bring it in line with Freeview HD transmissions? Has anyone any thoughts if it's true?

I deserve that. :) I doubt i'm the only one on an audio visual forum who prefers watching content with the best possible picture quality AVAILABLE however. It's why I buy 4K Blu Rays, why I bought an OLED TV, etc.
I fixed that for you. If it’s not made in 4K HDR it’s not available so what you see is the best there is for the material.
Star Trek Discovery is in DV/HDR but it’s not 4K - merely 20th century High Definitiy ;)

Watched this over 3 days and was very impressed. Did see it appear on prime but didn't even look at it until I saw Cas review (thanks ;)). Glad I did as its a cracking show. First 3 or 4 episodes where brilliant but felt it went down hill slightly during the last few episodes. Some brutal fight scenes that suddenly start from nothing with a fast pace make this one of the better shows on prime. If you're a Bourne film fan don't be put off. 8/10 from me. Hopefully we'll see a season two?

Just to clarify. It is in UHD in other Countries? If so i an wait for UK HDR version.
Just to be clear are you stating a fact or asking a question?

Watched the first 3 episodes, and so far the plot is intriguing and the acting fair to good. Really am tired though of the 110lb woman beating up 225lb trained soldiers in hand-to-hand combat. It just destroys the believability of the fight scenes. Also *Spoiler* woman kills man instantly with a scythe blade to the stomach? It would have taken him hours to die from that wound, couldn't she just have shot him?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom