American Horror Story - AHS 1984 - Season 9

Do I need to watch any of the other season's before watching this one?

The fact that it's set in the 80's has grabbed me.

Do I need to watch any of the other season's before watching this one?

The fact that it's set in the 80's has grabbed me.
No. They are standalone, (mostly).

we really liked ep1. I thought the way they played to all the standard 80's slasher movie character archetypes, the tropes and everything else was spot on. A few proper LOL moments too.
It's actually amusing that a 2019 tv show can get away with more gore on tv than the films it's a homage to could at the time in the cinema.

Going on the first episode, I think this is going to be a good season :smashin:

I liked it. The missus got bored with usual slasher stuff.

I didn't get on with Season 1, then didn't get on with Season 2, tried to watch the Freak Show season and didn't take to that one either :confused:

However I cannot miss out on some 80's slasher number! So if I like this one I'll try and revisit the others.

I liked them all except Hotel. I gave up on that. I found it sick with no humour.

Holy mother of God :eek:

I'm all for anything 80's; probably the biggest 80's fan the world has ever seen.

That first episode was off the charts. Like a shot of 80's adrenaline straight into the heart. In fact no, a shot of 80's pure heroin straight into the brain.

Lost count of the references, they were everywhere! And for some reason it just reminded me of that Friday The 13th computer game that came out not so long ago.

Anyway, it was as preposterous as it was brilliant.

I'm hooked and I need another fix. One a week is gonna be a killer.

Pardon the pun.

I'm worn out.

episode 2, omg :D ... so many
jump scare attempts

episode 2, omg :D ... so many
jump scare attempts

Ep2 Mr. Jingles
it finishes too quick [said the actress....]
I'm not a fan of them unmasking the killer in episode 1 :rolleyes:

there's more to this plot setup they are not telling us

Ep2 Mr. Jingles
it finishes too quick [said the actress....]
I'm not a fan of them unmasking the killer in episode 1 :rolleyes:

there's more to this plot setup they are not telling us
doubt it is a pure slashing show, it has
ghost, Satan later may have witches

Last edited:
I liked them all except Hotel. I gave up on that. I found it sick with no humour.
I did too, then went back to it and it was really good. Evan Peters was really excellent in hotel. It ended up being pretty good imo.
Apocalypse.... Hmm, dreadful first three episodes and does improve with the re-introduction of some classic characters, jess L included but on the whole I found it weak and frustrating. 6/10

Is 1984 a return to form then folks? Or is it another cult?

Can't believe this isn't getting more love!

Episode 2 - Powerhouse Stuff!

It's 80's relentlessness continues.

The wedding scene was tremendous.

Absolutely hilarious shower scene; the immortal line "That's no cock, it's an act of God" will stay with me forever :rotfl:

Plus the post shower scene was a gooden too.

A great job of nailing the 80's slasher thus far; so many nods.

Can't wait for the next episode.

Ep3 Slashdance

some good Voorhees type kills
Boat oar and motorcycle chop

and a Scream like twist

The back stories are the whole story.

Omg I love the 80’s and AHS ... & I’ve not started this yet 😱😀

It sounds like I need to ... immediately 🤩🎃👍🏻

Omg I love the 80’s and AHS ... & I’ve not started this yet 😱😀

It sounds like I need to ... immediately 🤩🎃👍🏻

You posted this at 8.45am.

It's now 10.29am.

That means you should be caught up with Episodes 1 and 2 at least!!

I think it's very good. A proper 80's slasher funfest. Certainly one of the most enjoyable starts they've made to a season so far. It's like they sat down and worked out every single 80's horror trope and are working them all in while dialing everything up to 11.
I think, if it carries on like this, it'll easily make my top few AHS seasons list. The start alone is going to guarantee it won't be near the bottom. I seem to have a fixed grin all the way through each episode :thumbsup:

I think it's very good. A proper 80's slasher funfest. Certainly one of the most enjoyable starts they've made to a season so far. It's like they sat down and worked out every single 80's horror trope and are working them all in while dialing everything up to 11.
I think, if it carries on like this, it'll easily make my top few AHS seasons list. The start alone is going to guarantee it won't be near the bottom. I seem to have a fixed grin all the way through each episode :thumbsup:

Yep, and still standing by my earlier comments.

Throwing a 10/10 at it so far. Brilliant stuff.

You posted this at 8.45am.

It's now 10.29am.

That means you should be caught up with Episodes 1 and 2 at least!!

This has gone to the top of my list so I will get at least 1 ep viewed tonight 👍🏻🔪 🎃

I’m glad it started well as apocalypse was crap until episode 4 imo.

Another 10/10 job for Episode 3.

Loved the little twists, and hoping
Ray returns as a ghost to redeem himself

Another immortal line, "It's his knife against my guns." :rotfl:

I genuinely never expected much from this, but it's really blown my expectations out the water. Cracking job all round so far.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom