American Psycho 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
great review cas,been waiting for this one,glad to hear they have done such a top job on the transfer.:thumbsup:

A must for me! The existing UK bluray was generally seen as the best available until now and I suspect Cas is referring to the ancient poor US bluray in the review?

Anyway Im sure this disc is a big improvement and Ill be buying it shortly.

Another great review as always Cas. :smashin:

A must for me! The existing UK bluray was generally seen as the best available until now and I suspect Cas is referring to the ancient poor US bluray in the review?

Anyway Im sure this disc is a big improvement and Ill be buying it shortly.
You won't be disappointed jim, great looking and sounding disc.

Not sure I want to see this bit in UHD :p

psycho.gif

Purchased this on Apple's 4k tv box for £4.99 in dolby vision.. Very impressive.

This film made Bale a superstar like Cage in Leaving Las Vegas, a lot of folks have a surprised look when they find out it was actually written by a woman.
His a complete psycho and the film has stood the test of time, have this in my Apple library and pleasure to watch so many years on.
In my top ten any day of the year, you can never get bored with it.

*I have to return some videotapes*

...a lot of folks have a surprised look when they find out it was actually written by a woman.
I thought it was written by Bret Easton Ellis - unless you mean script/screen writer?

Anyway, I watched this years ago and was a little underwhelmed. I might have to go back and give it another go - perhaps it was because the book was so disturbing.

This film made Bale a superstar like Cage in Leaving Las Vegas, a lot of folks have a surprised look when they find out it was actually written by a woman.
His a complete psycho and the film has stood the test of time, have this in my Apple library and pleasure to watch so many years on.
In my top ten any day of the year, you can never get bored with it.

*I have to return some videotapes*

Ah....but is he a complete psycho? Watch the film again...

I thought it was written by Bret Easton Ellis - unless you mean script/screen writer?

Anyway, I watched this years ago and was a little underwhelmed. I might have to go back and give it another go - perhaps it was because the book was so disturbing.
I need to watch it again lol

The book is really disturbing and I honestly don't recommend it to anyone unless you know what you are letting yourself in for! I found it difficult to put down...but had some crazy dreams/nightmares at the time not helped by medication I was taken at that particular time! True story. I will read it again at some point but Ill be ready for it this time! :D

The book is really disturbing and I honestly don't recommend it to anyone unless you know what you are letting yourself in for! I found it difficult to put down...but had some crazy dreams/nightmares at the time not helped by medication I was taken at that particular time! True story. I will read it again at some point but Ill be ready for it this time! :D
Yeah it kinda put me in a dark trance. I think one day someone will put it on film, I love the adaptation and this version but a lot was left out (understandably).

Last edited:
Yeah it kinda put me in a dark trance. I think one someone will put it on film, I love the adaptation and this version but a lot was left out (understandably).
I must read this book. Then.

Through it all, Christian Bale delivers the performance that arguably helped make his career what it is today (Reign of Fire notwithstanding). True, he didn't don the cape and cowl for a few years after this film's premiere, but one can't help look at his Patrick Bateman and see a little bit of his future Bruce Wayne sitting there. Like any of his roles, he gave himself physically and mentally to the part and it shows. His maniacal energy and commitment to the part are what keeps the film alive and I can't imagine what this film would have been without him. Considering DiCaprio almost snapped the role, American Psycho could have been a very different film, and not necessarily one for the better. This Psycho may be crazy, but it's a hell of a good time. Just don't make the mistake of grabbing a copy of American Psycho 2, you need that in your life about as much as Paul Allen needs an ax.
All the above was quoted in the High-Def Digest review of American Psycho. Did you write that review?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom