Amiga classic on the way?

NUT

Established Member
Reaction score
I just noticed this pop up on my news feed on facebook..........

Attachments

• 121577328_2425340414437852_3366221427014917138_o.jpg
    121577328_2425340414437852_3366221427014917138_o.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 200
I’d be delighted if I’m wrong, but it could be a Commodore 128?

Some did say that but someone sent me a comparison on discord and more you look at this photo and the amiga 500 they do look awful similair..............

Looks intersting, I still have my original A500 packed away somewhere!!
Last used it a couple of years ago and still worked fine, had a Kick Off 2 session with a couple of friends, the same friends from 30 years ago when we played that same game on this exact machine!!

Some did say that but someone sent me a comparison on discord and more you look at this photo and the amiga 500 they do look awful similair..............
If it is....it’ll be a “shut up and take my money!” Job 😂

Last used it a couple of years ago and still worked fine, had a Kick Off 2 session with a couple of friends, the same friends from 30 years ago when we played that same game on this exact machine!!
Kick Off 2 was an amazing footie game on the Amiga. It took real skill to be able to play it properly.
Much better than Sensible Soccer imo.

Kick Off 2 was an amazing footie game on the Amiga. It took real skill to be able to play it properly.
Much better than Sensible Soccer imo.
It's the only game we'd play for hours on end, pretty sure the one I have is Kick Off 2 Aftertouch, it does take some skill with only the joystick and a single button to do everything!
I must just dust off the old A500 and fire it up with everything crossed!!😅

It's the only game we'd play for hours on end, pretty sure the one I have is Kick Off 2 Aftertouch, it does take some skill with only the joystick and a single button to do everything!
I must just dust off the old A500 and fire it up with everything crossed!!😅
Yeah I think there were a couple of different versions of Kick Off 2. I seem to recall the World Cup Edition and another one which meant you could play at Wembley Stadium and also there were actual referees and linesman on the pitch.

Me and 2 mates used to play this for hours. We'd have a league and even a trophy that you could take home until the next time we played.
Great times, i'm getting very nostalgic now.

If you’re talking sports games on the Amiga then you can’t look past Speedball 2 IMO...

Yeah I think there were a couple of different versions of Kick Off 2. I seem to recall the World Cup Edition and another one which meant you could play at Wembley Stadium and also there were actual referees and linesman on the pitch.

Me and 2 mates used to play this for hours. We'd have a league and even a trophy that you could take home until the next time we played.
Great times, i'm getting very nostalgic now.
Yeah I do seem to remember a World Cup version, don't think I had that one though.

The trophy thing was a great idea, pity we didn't think of something like that!

I'm getting very nostalgic as well now, I can remember all the joysticks we used, I had the Competiton Pro's, 1 standard black & red, 1 Clear, 1 red white and blue and 1 glow green I think it was called, my mates used to use them when we played, but one friend always brought his own, a Zipstick, pretty sure black with yellow buttons.
Such a simple game, but honestly more fun than anything I've played since!

I still remember the first time we played Shadow Of The Beast, it was a big WOOOAAAAHHHH moment as we'd never seen graphics like it!😂

Yeah I do seem to remember a World Cup version, don't think I had that one though.

The trophy thing was a great idea, pity we didn't think of something like that!

I'm getting very nostalgic as well now, I can remember all the joysticks we used, I had the Competiton Pro's, 1 standard black & red, 1 Clear, 1 red white and blue and 1 glow green I think it was called, my mates used to use them when we played, but one friend always brought his own, a Zipstick, pretty sure black with yellow buttons.
Such a simple game, but honestly more fun than anything I've played since!
For me, nothing but the joypad from the Sega Master System
81ts+D9U3+L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Kick Off - what a classic

I tried for hours but kick off was not for me, goal was the one though!
(after swos 😁)..

I wonder how they are going to get around the physical copy protection that so many Amiga games had back in the days?

Will they fill it warez? That in itself would be great because so many of those cracktros had amazing effects and even better tunes but apart from bundling in those Monkey Island spinning security disks or oddly coloured, unphotocopyable geometric images or whatever word was at the top of page 14 of the manual in the left hand corner and the rest of the guff they used on retail copies.

Speaking of which I hope they emulate the sound of the disk drive churning away as that was part of the experience.

Speaking of which I hope they emulate the sound of the disk drive churning away as that was part of the experience.

As long as we don’t get the annoying clicking you always got when the drive didn’t have a disk in it ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom