Amiga classic on the way?

Amazon product ASIN B09BW8N7JZ

Just popped in a preorder :)

——-

The Amiga era was when i was around 15 - just in those last few years of school. Loved that gaming era.

Every Saturday a Kick off tourney before heading up town lol

Weekends lost to Crammonds GP games - where you had the CPU take control of cars so everyone could drive! Full race distance.

Super cars 1 and 2. Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge. Supersprint. Ivan stewart super off road. Dizzy. Chaos Engine. Xenon 2. Flashback. Magic Pockets. Sensi soccer. IK+. Killing Game Show. Midwinter. Rainbow Islands. Monkey Island (12 discs or something!). Zool. Lemmings. Shadow of the Beast. Elite. James Pond. Eye of the beholder. Populous. Powermonger. The NewZealand Story. Cannon Fodder. Turrican 1 and 2. Jimmy White Whirlwind Snooker. It came from the Desert. Syndicate. Batman the Move (i got the Bat Pack Amiga 500 :)) Alien Breed. Gods. Dune.

Happy days. The retro machine only has like 25 on it, but apparently you can use a USB to side load many more.

Last edited:
Preordered mine as well! :)

Sorry if I've missed any info, but is there a definitive plan to release other games at some point? Twelve on launch seems a bit mean...

Will be buying immediately on release also.
I had the A500+ Cartoon Classics pack and my god I played that system to death.

So many great games mentioned here already but can I just add; It Came From The Desert and Wings. Both from CinemaWare. Stunning writing in both. Real emotional hook.

during lockdown by 7 year old son (now 8) consumed Monkey Island, MI2 and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis on his laptop on Steam. Then Thimbleweed Park. Was a great experience for me too.
I could never get anywhere with It Came From the Desert! 🤣 I loved it, but I almost always failed to shoot the antennae off the giant ants and ended up stuck escaping hospital in a wheelchair! Which then lost me days of critical time.

I don't think I ever won the final stand.

I'm going to stick to my not-at-all-flimsy excuse that I never owned the game and only ever played it round a mate's house.

Preordered mine as well! :)

Sorry if I've missed any info, but is there a definitive plan to release other games at some point? Twelve on launch seems a bit mean...
The total built-in number of games will be 25, they just have not announced them all yet.
You will also be able to load more games from a USB stick.

The total built-in number of games will be 25, they just have not announced them all yet.
You will also be able to load more games from a USB stick.
Turns out it’s not a working keyboard on it. You’ve to plug in a USB keyboard. 😮

just the one gamepad? makes 2 player gaming tricky, anyone know if the option of buying additional game pads will exist?

I wonder how good Zool will be after all these years, lost many hours playing that back in the day!

I wonder how good Zool will be after all these years, lost many hours playing that back in the day!
It's also been remastered and is being released again. I imagine the blatant Chupa Chups lollies will be generic this time around 😁

I remember being blown away by 'Virus', which was an original Archimedes title I think?
Also loved Zeewolf and the mouse control, once you got good you could make that chopper do anything!
Conquerer was another game with similar patchwork graphics, very simple tank based game but so much fun!

Swiv rings a bell as a chopper game. We used to call it “Swivel” as kids for a laugh, right comedians in our house!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom