Amp or Receiver with Mono out?

gadgeteatsbrain

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm setting up in ceiling speakers that I'd like to hook up to a Chromecast Audio or Echo Input. The idea is Chromecast has audio out which I run to an amp and then run speaker wire from the amp to a ceiling speaker. I have a single speaker wire already in my ceiling, so I need mono out from the amp to the ceiling speaker.
What's the best way to do this? I would expect there are amps that can output as mono out, but I haven't been able to find one. I found some guide that says you can connect the speaker + to L + and connect the speaker - to R - which should bridge the audio, but I'm skeptical that will work. And I'm not sure how that will work with impedance.
Ideally there is an amp that just outputs mono out. Any ideas / suggestions?
Thanks!

Why not pull a second speaker cable with the first one and use a single in ceiling stereo speaker ?

Should have put 2 wires, but I assumed I could find an amp with mono out. Now too late without opening the ceiling.
I remember old receivers had mono out, but can't find one now. Maybe there is a second hand model I could find?

Why not pull a second speaker cable with the first one and use a single in ceiling stereo speaker ?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom