Android tablet with docking station?

DinoKustas

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for tablets with docking stations? Looking for a neat solution to support my home automation apps/CCTV apps. But would like something that sits in a cradle neatly without the need for cables out of the side of the tablet etc.

The only thing I've found which looks suitable so far is the Lenovo Smart Tab P10 & M10.

Thanks!

Samsung Tab S4?

Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-S4.jpg

Doesn't seem to be many of them about. You could always go for a universal docking station from someone like Wavlink and then use any tablet.

USB DOCKING - WAVLINK See the world! Powered by Wavlink

Those focus more on the HDMI out etc. I just need something to charge them without cables hanging out of the side. But thank you :)

That actually is the kind of thing I was looking for. Shame the S4 is so expensive. Clearly my Google-Fu is lacking as I had no idea that POGO stand existed! Thanks

Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for tablets with docking stations? Looking for a neat solution to support my home automation apps/CCTV apps. But would like something that sits in a cradle neatly without the need for cables out of the side of the tablet etc.

The only thing I've found which looks suitable so far is the Lenovo Smart Tab P10 & M10.

Thanks!
I think the Lenovo s yoga 10 just about do the business. You can stick a usb c out the side and away. Then you could use a usb multi port if you needed other things. Note the Lenovo only sits in landscape . I use an IKEA stand when I want to read newspapers, in foolscape. The screen resolution is very good and the grey black looks classy.

If home automation is a key factor does it really have to be a tablet? Any one of the Nest Homes and Amazon Echo's have screens and are designed to be smart home companions and home hubs.

If it does have to be a tablet for portability, here is another suggestion to add to yours:

Keep in mind that tablets run out of battery fast, so if you want to use it for your smart home it will basically need to be plugged in 24/7.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Just to clarify, by docking station I don't mean HDMI out etc. Just something for the tablet to sit on that has a charging port in the correct location that negates the requirement for a cable hanging out of the side, which doesn't look very tidy.

Amazon Echo and Nest Home run operating systems that do not allow for access to usual Android apps, so to me they're mostly pointless. Plus, as you say, portability is a requirement here. I don't just want a screen, I want it to be something I can actually use when I want to, then set a scene to display CCTV or home automation system when docked/charging.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Did not know those existed.. that's pretty cool actually, and for the money worth a go. Thank you.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom