Question Android TV 2020 In depth review?

woah_toughguy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Im piecing together various bits of info from reviews, this (very helpful) forum etc but struggling to find any in-depth reviews of the latest Android Tv v10 anywhere. Would prefer a video review / demo as I can’t get to a shop to try it out on a set before I buy

bit worried it’s much inferior compared to WebOS (I have this on my OLED) or Tizen

anyone Seen something like this?

thanks

My 43" Sony KD-XG8396 runs the latest Android TV (v9?) and it works very well. No issues at all.

I actually think Android TV OS is better than other OS's purely because you have a far wider choice of apps in the Google Play store and you can even sideload apps from the regular Android store. Plus you can install Kodi which IMHO makes Android OS far superior. Any negative reviews of Android TV OS were largely the earlier versions which were quite clunky. But the newer Android TV OS versions are buttery smooth...this is coming from someone who prefers iOS over Android when it comes to smartphones :)

My 43" Sony KD-XG8396 runs the latest Android TV (v9?) and it works very well. No issues at all.

I actually think Android TV OS is better than other OS's purely because you have a far wider choice of apps in the Google Play store and you can even sideload apps from the regular Android store. Plus you can install Kodi which IMHO makes Android OS far superior. Any negative reviews of Android TV OS were largely the earlier versions which were quite clunky. But the newer Android TV OS versions are buttery smooth...this is coming from someone who prefers iOS over Android when it comes to smartphones :)

good to know. Think they’re running v10 now as well.
I’m an iPhone guy so I know what you mean

Hi

Im piecing together various bits of info from reviews, this (very helpful) forum etc but struggling to find any in-depth reviews of the latest Android Tv v10 anywhere. Would prefer a video review / demo as I can’t get to a shop to try it out on a set before I buy

bit worried it’s much inferior compared to WebOS (I have this on my OLED) or Tizen

anyone Seen something like this?

thanks

Current sonys don't have android 10 yet, but I have android 9 on my xg 9505 and experience no issues with it. Its very quick with no lag issues at all.

And as previous poster said it allows access to google play, which is useful if you had ultraviolet movies that where transferred to play when the service ceased.

Android TV 11 out soon, that's what you want to be looking at, has support for hdmi 2.1 VRR, ALLM etc :thumbsup:
I imagine that's what the xh9005 will get when it gain's it's hdmi 2.1 support.

Android TV 11 out soon, that's what you want to be looking at, has support for hdmi 2.1 VRR, ALLM etc :thumbsup:
I imagine that's what the xh9005 will get when it gain's it's hdmi 2.1 support.

Nice. I saw a blog saying its in Alpha or beta testing right now so hopefully this side of Xmas

Nice. I saw a blog saying its in Alpha or beta testing right now so hopefully this side of Xmas
I'd say/hope before ps5 launch time (2 months) so the sony xh9005 gets it for the promised hdmi 2.1 support or there will be a lot of p1ssed off people :rotfl:

Current sonys don't have android 10 yet, but I have android 9 on my xg 9505 and experience no issues with it. Its very quick with no lag issues at all.

And as previous poster said it allows access to google play, which is useful if you had ultraviolet movies that where transferred to play when the service ceased.
Thanks. Could have sworn I saw something saying the current Sonys - for example the XH950 - is running Android 10. It was released in 2019 so I'd have expected the 2020 sets to be running it. Odd

ta

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom