Ant-Man 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Thanks for the review. Really enjoyed both the Ant-Man films, but IMO the 3D is so strong that I can’t imagine watching them any other way now

This movie is realeased years ago and now they put it on disc?
Movie industry is garbage.

This movie is realeased years ago and now they put it on disc?
Movie industry is garbage.

Ant-Man has been available on Blu-ray since November 2015, but it has just been released on UHD Blu-ray in the UK. UHD Blu-ray didn't exist as a format at the time of release, and movie studios are taking their time releasing their back-catalogue.

It does seem strange that the UK lags behind other territories with Disney UHD Blu-ray releases. It was released in the US in October 2019.

Regards,
James.

I have ordered this on disc, as never bought the blu-ray to hold off for the 4K.

However I watched this last night on Disney + and thoroughly enjoyed it. It' refreshing to watch after all the other Avengers movies.

My general observation is that the discs looks slightly darker on my TV verus the Disney+ Dolby Vision stream with exactly the same picture settings on both.

I have ordered this on disc, as never bought the blu-ray to hold off for the 4K.

However I watched this last night on Disney + and thoroughly enjoyed it. It' refreshing to watch after all the other Avengers movies.

My general observation is that the discs looks slightly darker on my TV verus the Disney+ Dolby Vision stream with exactly the same picture settings on both.

The 4K UHD disc only has HDR10, not DolbyVision so that may be the difference you are seeing.

Regards,
James.

The 4K UHD disc only has HDR10, not DolbyVision so that may be the difference you are seeing.

Regards,
James.

I know that :) ... Obviously DV is allowing the darker scenes to render more detail than HDR10, either that or the overal gamma or brightness is set differently between sources.

The Ant Man and Guardians of the Galaxy movies are my favourite ones from the MCU. Great they're finally on 4k Blu over here.

The mix of humor and action is well done and it is a film I'll watch more again.

I started collecting the marvel discs in 3d where they were released that way. Was toying with a parallel collection of 4k then Disney+ came along.

Once the bandwidth restrictions are lifted I'm going to borrow a 4k Marvel disc off someone and compare it to the Disney stream. I only have hdr10 in my set up so am interested in seeing for myself what difference I can tell.

And yes. I really enjoyed Ant Man. Thought the movie had space to breath in the way the many of the big hitting Marvel films didn't.

I started collecting the marvel discs in 3d where they were released that way. Was toying with a parallel collection of 4k then Disney+ came along.

Once the bandwidth restrictions are lifted I'm going to borrow a 4k Marvel disc off someone and compare it to the Disney stream. I only have hdr10 in my set up so am interested in seeing for myself what difference I can tell.

And yes. I really enjoyed Ant Man. Thought the movie had space to breath in the way the many of the big hitting Marvel films didn't.
I've still to watch this in 4k, it's just been sitting there for weeks. But judging from the review, your KS9500 is bright enough to highlight the extra details brought out with HDR so there should be a noticeable difference. Also Disney have already shown with their Star Wars library that they are faking HDR so I wouldn't be too confident in using them as a baseline for any source until it can be verified to be proper HDR.

This is part of my ongoing rewatch of MCU films but in 3D. I forgot how entertaining this film is. Almost everyone get's a little time to shine which is nice. I also didn't remember how significant a role Falcon had.

I haven't bought the 4k but I have seen it. I can't remember much about it for picture quality but it's a Disney MCU film so I imagine better colours and more slightly more detail with HDR. The Blu Ray picture is usually pretty close in quality and it has carried over to the 3D picture. This is yet another one of those MCU films that just has to be watched in 3D as it really helps to highlight the difference in scale between objects.

Again I can't remember much about the 4K Atmos track but the DTS-HD track up-mixes well to provide an enjoyable experience.

Really fun and just like Age of Ultron, it's even better on rewatch.

Very underrated film. Loved all my watches of it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom