Anthem ARC Genesis

Your sub LFE should always be set to 120Hz as there is signal up to 120Hz on movie soundtracks.
Interestingly ARC on auto sets it to 50hz. Guess that’s due to the initial sub response.

I wouldn't of done it without the help of you guys so it's a well done you and orange55.

When you say LFE to 120hz, do you mean the crossover on the sub ?

On the back of the sub the crossover or LFE should be set to bypass or maximum and then on the processor it should be set to 120Hz.

Interestingly ARC on auto sets it to 50hz. Guess that’s due to the initial sub response.

I've no idea why but I wish anthem and all the other manufacturers would default to 120Hz and say why in the manual.

The crossover on the sub itself is off and on the processor under bass management the subwoofer for LPF for LFE is set to 120hz

The crossover on the sub itself is off and on the processor under bass management the subwoofer for LPF for LFE is set to 120hz
Yes. Subwoofer crossover frequency to 120. And leave sub as is. Ie: Off.

Last question I think and hope lol, when I go into level calibration using the remote control the subwoofer level has increased to +6d

Is that correct, I take it that can go down to zero and increase the sub volume on the sub itself by 6bd ?

Sorry, can you just confirm what needs changing on the sub, I just want to make sure I'm doing it right.

Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 15.02.06.png

Last question I think and hope lol, when I go into level calibration using the remote control the subwoofer level has increased to +6d

Is that correct, I take it that can go down to zero and increase the sub volume on the sub itself by 6bd ?
For now I would leave it. As long at the sub level on actual sub is near straight up.

Ok ta, velodyne's don't work like that as they don't have a gain dial, you get a volume control.

I can sort that though as I understand that l believe

Right then, this is the final one, I'm not going to make any changes for a while now and live with it for a couple of weeks.

Really appreciate the help and apologies for my silly questions at times.

Attachments

• ARC Genesis Master.pdf
    282.8 KB · Views: 78
Looks like you need to increase the sub level in ARC by 1 dB.

Right then, this is the final one, I'm not going to make any changes for a while now and live with it for a couple of weeks.

Oops. No loaded wrong file. Happy weekend.

Hi,

In Profile 2, change the room gain from 200hz to 150hz, and add 1.5 dB to low frequency boost at 50hz.

That should sound a little nicer.

SVS Ultra towers, center and surrounds + 2 Ultra SB 13 subs
AVM 60
Parasound A21+A51 (Towers bi-amped)
I guess I dont understand if I have the subs extension to 250 or 120 what difference it will make if I have the crossover set to 80 anyway. The LFE is cut off at 120 regardless.
Can you tell me how arc handles that?
I have the subs on a nice Mini DSP house curve all the way out to 100 before a room mode kicks in.
I have 4 profiles with different settings and I keep adjusting things to try to get the most out of it. When I correct above 500Hz it starts to sound muffled. Dr Floyd Tool recommends that you not EQ above around 500 Hz.
I will try the 100 Hz crossover this weekend on all speakers to see if that improves the sound.
Thanks again, I truly appreciate your answers.
I tried adjusting the crossovers to 100Hz and while I haven't yet measured the response, it feels like there are less cancellations between the mains and the subs. There is a lot going on in the room above 100Hz and so setting the crossover point there seems to be able to deal with some of those phase issues. It sounds much better in the bass. Will definitely measure this weekend.

I tried adjusting the crossovers to 100Hz and while I haven't yet measured the response, it feels like there are less cancellations between the mains and the subs. There is a lot going on in the room above 100Hz and so setting the crossover point there seems to be able to deal with some of those phase issues. It sounds much better in the bass. Will definitely measure this weekend.

Attachments

• 05 06 2020 100 Hz X.pdf
    587.1 KB · Views: 69
Hi,

In Profile 2, change the room gain from 200hz to 150hz, and add 1.5 dB to low frequency boost at 50hz.

That should sound a little nicer.

Was this for me ?

Just before you pack everything away I would do exactly the same on profile 2 but change the maximum correction frequency to 5000Hz for all your base layer speakers. That way you can easily switch between this result and the other to see which you prefer and I think you'll prefer the 5000Hz measurements ;)

Just before you pack everything away I would do exactly the same on profile 2 but change the maximum correction frequency to 5000Hz for all your base layer speakers. That way you can easily switch between this result and the other to see which you prefer and I think you'll prefer the 5000Hz measurements ;)

That makes sense, will do that shortly,

Profile 2 added with the above advice, time to watch something now.

Rogue One 4k arrived from Germany today so I think thats it.

Attachments

• Master & profile 2.pdf
    502.6 KB · Views: 31
Feels light on bass but that could just be the content as I’ve not watched anything I’ve seen previously.

Currently watching Star Wars The Force Awakens 4k with the wife so can’t play but not overly impressed so far.

Will watch some of the old favourites tomorrow

Feels light on bass but that could just be the content as I’ve not watched anything I’ve seen previously.

Currently watching Star Wars The Force Awakens 4k with the wife so can’t play but not overly impressed so far.

Will watch some of the old favourites tomorrow

Disney films are light on bass unless you are using BEQ. Let us know how you get on with some of your favourite scenes/movies and if you want more bass we are here to help you achieve that :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom