Anthem MRX 520 / 720 / 1120 Series Owners

How do the Anthems stack up against the Arcams, Nads, Denons of these worlds.

Cheers

I’m impressed by the backwards compatibility and how they haven’t reserved the new software for their new products.

Nice :)

I hope they've included options to turn on/off ARC and set max EQ frequency per speaker group (like Dirac).

E.g., I would like to turn off ARC for front speakers, limit ARC to 500 Hz for center and limit ARC to 5 kHz for surround speakers.

Last edited:
That’s very interesting and a big leap forward. I wish they could incorporate independent sub channels though. Maybe they will on the next hardware launch.
Dodge
Agreed, could be their answer to the push from DIRAC beig so affordable now.

Was going contact you about the ARCAM 390, did you ever get one/demo one as I was wondering.........as we do!!
Will certainly stay the ground now and wait for the Genesis release, very interesting

Dodge
Agreed, could be their answer to the push from DIRAC beig so affordable now.

Was going contact you about the ARCAM 390, did you ever get one/demo one as I was wondering.........as we do!!
Will certainly stay the ground now and wait for the Genesis release, very interesting

Yeah indeed. I’m like you, I’d stick with it and see what the new ARC does in real terms.
I didn’t get an Arcam unfortunately. Tbh, I think they’re still far too unreliable, something I couldn’t accuse Anthem of.

How do the Anthems stack up against the Arcams, Nads, Denons of these worlds.

Cheers

Without spending silly money I personally think nothing touches Anthems, ARC makes systems sound far better than any Audyssey system could.

Without spending silly money I personally think nothing touches Anthems, ARC makes systems sound far better than any Audyssey system could.

Thanks

Dirac vs ARC ?

Had my mrx 720 power off whilst listening to music via a chrome cast audio yesterday afternoon.

It powerd back on ok and carried on with the music and tv for the rest of the day and also all day today up to now.

When I switched it back on it came up with Power Fail Protect.

Well they had to do something to try and catch up with Dirac ;)
Does look interesting, multiplatform too, at last.

I assume we’ll need to rerun ARC, based on the fact they say all you need is a mic , product and the app.

It could save and transfer the original settings, I guess time will tell. I’d wager that most would want to rerun ARC though.

This has really peaked my interest in a 720 again, going to have a thorough read on this Genesis

Am I right in saying that with the current ARC software we have to re-run measurements for each profile we want to configure, even though we'd be using the same speakers?
I guess I could copy the measurements across manually in the arc2 file, but it'd be nice if it was built in to the app to reuse measurements across profiles. I may suggest this feature to Anthem for v3 if it's not already in.

Am I right in saying that with the current ARC software we have to re-run measurements for each profile we want to configure, even though we'd be using the same speakers?
I guess I could copy the measurements across manually in the arc2 file, but it'd be nice if it was built in to the app to reuse measurements across profiles. I may suggest this feature to Anthem for v3 if it's not already in.
By default it copies the settings across profiles. You can deselect that and have custom profiles though.

Don't understand............
If this is a genuine upgrade surely you would re-run ARC, hardly difficult in my mind.

sure, save the old profiles, but to my mind common sense says you would re-run, and Oh it could take 15 minutes or so for a fully upgraded system that seems to promise some serious improvements

I need to recheck ARC then, but in the past I had to remeasure all my positions for each profile (this may have been on an older version of ARC). This got a bit tedious and seemed pointless when I'd already measured for 1 profile (Profile 1, Profile 2, Profile 3, Profile 4).

Hi guys, which brand of USB stick have you used to do a firmware update & what size?
I've tried 3 different brands, formatted in them every way you can but i still get a message of no update found.
Seems ridiculous you can't update via the net in this day & age.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom