Anthem MRX 520 / 720 / 1120 Series Owners

Good old BT, their Router works differently to everybody else.

Strange, but true. :confused:

Mine has arrived [emoji106]
Just rearranging rack and putting in new cables for front Atmos

Set mine up quickly and sett crossovers/distances etc but not got round to running ARC yet. Just been setting inputs etc. Had a quick blast of an Atmos disc but not sounding any better than my Onkyo currently. Will run ARC tomorrow and hopefully have a proper read of the manual.

Set mine up quickly and sett crossovers/distances etc but not got round to running ARC yet. Just been setting inputs etc. Had a quick blast of an Atmos disc but not sounding any better than my Onkyo currently. Will run ARC tomorrow and hopefully have a proper read of the manual.
It'll sound much better once you've run ARC

Any chance for uploading some internal pictures of the MRX 720?

Running Windows 10 here, ARC connects no bother. Is it not seeing the Anthem?
Nope. Anthem has IP address. Tries laptop wired & wireless. On same network. Using latest version of ARC from website.

On the laptop have you tried connecting directly to the Anthem?

First laptop, trying to scan on wireless network and just says scanning on manual mode.
So you've plugged the laptop directly into the Anthem and it still doesn't see it?

I used to have a wired PC that was into a switch and couldn't see the Anthem but a wireless laptop did. Turned out it was a vpn client I had installed.

Did you do a demo of anthem vs Arcam @Jazz Monkey Jr ?
No, only had Onkyo but heard lots of different set ups. Finally got ARC working and having a rest now and a beer. Finished nights this morning and not been to bed :-(

Which listening preset to most people use? I had a play but could only get it to come from the stereo speakers where as before I changed it I'm sure dialogue was coming from the centre.

Sounding much better today, ran ARC in couch position moved forward and doing a good job. I was losing bass with ARC on compared to off but I had manually set levels before running ARC and had sub at -7db so set them all back to 0 as I assume ARC sets all levels.
Watched half of The Fifth Element in Atmos as seems to add some extra sounds as I turned the Atmos off and sounded a bit flatter. I'm looking to get some ceiling speakers as the front bouncing is OK but not feeling the full benefit.

Last edited:
Which listening preset to most people use? I had a play but could only get it to come from the stereo speakers where as before I changed it I'm sure dialogue was coming from the centre.
For blu-ray, standard 5.1 or music no preset, just direct. 2.0 TV I'll run it through Neo:6

Sounding much better today, ran ARC in couch position moved forward and doing a good job. I was losing bass with ARC on compared to off but I had manually set levels before running ARC and had sub at -7db so set them all back to 0 as I assume ARC sets all levels.
Watched half of The Fifth Element in Atmos as seems to add some extra sounds as I turned the Atmos off and sounded a bit flatter. I'm looking to get some ceiling speakers as the front bouncing is OK but not feeling the full benefit.
ARC does set the levels but they won't all be 0 in the level settings. Re upload ARC and it will set all the levels correctly.

ARC does set the levels but they won't all be 0 in the level settings. Re upload ARC and it will set all the levels correctly.
Ok thanks. When you select levels in the remote they were all at 0 but in the settings they seemed to be what I set them at originally.

Last edited:
Ok thanks. When you select levels in the remote they were all at 0 but in the settings they seemed
To be what I set them at originally.
I just checked mine and it's the same.

I just checked mine and it's the same.
I've asked them on Facebook as it seems daft if the levels affect the ARC because if you turn ARC off then your levels won't be correct if they are all at 0.

I've asked them on Facebook as it seems daft if the levels affect the ARC because if you turn ARC off then your levels won't be correct if they are all at 0.
The levels on the remote are "on the fly" adjustments which are not kept if you change input or power off the receiver.
The values in the level calibration in the menu should be the same as the levels set in the ARC software.

I noticed something interesting with my 310 (same ARC as the X20 series) if you use the internal level calibration test tones to check with an SPL meter the channel levels are well off. Using the internal test tones the subs are about 7db hot. I am guessing that the ARC filters are not included with the internal test tones.
I have emailed Anthem but haven't had a response yet.

I picked up my 720 yesterday .....

But I'm having issues updating the software. I keep getting an update error to check my USB or fw ....

Not sure what going on. I've tried two different USB's and even formatted them but no go .....

Anyone havingthis issue?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom