Anthem MRX 520 / 720 / 1120 Series Owners

I was actually thinking that. The gain level is set to what Audessey deemed as 75db. I might raise it after some listening and re run. One thing with the sub level in the amp settings is that it always shows it at +12 as my previous sweep ARC set it to +10 but showed it as +12 in the amp.

Did you hear back from Anthem ?

Did you hear back from Anthem ?
They told me to do a factory reset and upload the File again but it did not solve it when I explained it again they said it could be due to sub delay so I am still on ye dark. I will have to re run again with my sub gain raised see if that helps.

That looks much better, glad I could help.

One thing that still is going through my mind is does the level on the subwoofer itself need to be increased to give more heasdrom and allow ARC to push down the 50HZ peak and not have to raise the rest so much? I see it's on 12db in ARC.
I think my sub gain is to low as I am not happy with the bass output its almost non existent and sounds worse. I think by gaining the lows I have lost the mid bass which I think is due to the subs tuning tuning the right port being blocked decreases mid bass. Anyway Round 2 this time with the gain raised

I think my sub gain is to low as I am not happy with the bass output its almost non existent and sounds worse. I think by gaining the lows I have lost the mid bass which I think is due to the subs tuning tuning the right port being blocked decreases mid bass. Anyway Round 2 this time with the gain raised and change the sub distance from 3 m to 5m as Audyssey set it at 5m even though it is 3.5 m away

Apologies if you've already tried this and I've missed it. But have you lowered the Sub gain right down, maybe like 70db and run ARC to see the result ?

Apologies if you've already tried this and I've missed it. But have you lowered the Sub gain right down, maybe like 70db and run ARC to see the result ?
No I have left it as Audyssey set it during the sub matching at 75db. I do have a proper SPL meter but not sure if sub low frequency output would give me a accurate db reading.

Can you explain why you reccomend lowering to 70 db?

Would taking the port bung out not be an option even though I am changing the Characteristic of the how ARC measured the sub in the first place

No I have left it as Audyssey set it during the sub matching at 75db. I do have a proper SPL meter but not sure if sub low frequency output would give me a accurate db reading.

Can you explain why you reccomend lowering to 70 db?
Peronally I wouldn't bother with a SPL meter. How far round is the volume on the sub woofer? I would increase it by about a quarter and the rerun ARC and see what happens.

Sub is actually plus 80 db between 80-85 using a max measure SPL meter so I am not sure if Audyseey or the SPL is correct Audyssey measured at 75 db.

The speakers are all at 80db so my guess is the SPL is more accurate

now what o_O

Is the SPL Meter on the correct settings ?
Yes c weighted and on slow angled at 45 degree

20191129_163111.jpg

Sub is actually plus 80 db between 80-85 using a max measure SPL meter so I am not sure if Audyseey or the SPL is correct Audyssey measured at 75 db.

The speakers are all at 80db so my guess is the SPL is more accurate

now what o_O
Well that sounds about right if you look at your graphs and the peak at 50hz, although in reality your sub won't be the flat green line ARC is suggesting in it's PDF.

I was suggesting to increase the sub level to force ARC to reduce the 50hz filter more and help bring up the surrounding frequencies. This may well help on the overall responce.

BTW: Where is the volume level set on the sub?

Well that sounds about right if you look at your graphs and the peak at 50hz, although in reality your sub won't be the flat green line ARC is suggesting in it's PDF.

I was suggesting to increase the sub level to force ARC to reduce the 50hz filter more and help bring up the surrounding frequencies. This may well help on the overall responce.

BTW: Where is the volume level set on the sub?
I will raise it and rerun it I'm getting the high db level as Its set on +12 the vol is at the rear it is very low as is
20191129_163947.jpg

I will raise it and rerun it I'm getting the high db level as Its set on +12 the vol is at the rear it is very low as is
View attachment 1226046
I removed the port bung and the mid bass is back aswell as the lows but I am not sure if that has giving me an unbalanced bass with the mains. I will place the bung back and rerun to get that flat response with the 20 hz lows and raise sub volume. I dont like the sound with the port blocked though so I will take it out post cal if that is recommended I so not know I guess if it sounds right then all good

I would set it to zero, straight up. That will also give you more headroom in the sub.
My older amp plate which failed used to play at 75 db at 10 O clock this new plate XTZ said better and newer components so more efficient. Which is why it plays higher at lower vol

But Seriously 0 that seems high as you can see its 80db on the vol gain is 8 o'clock?

I guess ARC will compensate

I removed the port bung and the mid bass is back aswell as the lows but I am not sure if that has giving me an unbalanced bass with the mains. I will place the bung back and rerun to get that flat response with the 20 hz lows and raise sub volume. I dont like the sound with the port blocked though so I will take it out post cal if that is recommended I so not know I guess if it sounds right then all good
Looking at your graphs of the bung and no bung. There is a 6db increase in the low end but the 50hz plus looks pretty much the same?

Looking at your graphs of the bung and no bung. There is a 6db increase in the low end but the 50hz plus looks pretty much the same?
I think it's to do with the Sub ports and tuning within the sub itself with no bung I definitely get that mid bass punch it's non existent with the right port blocked so I am not sure why it's the same reading on ARC.

I am trying to get the best of both worlds but the subs tuning options is not allowing that. The measurement with both ports open gave me alot if nice mid bass but no lows vice versa with the port blocked. But removing the bung post blocked port I get the midbass back but not as prominent when measured open port. So I try to run now and remove the port bung post cal. Lets see

Anyway sub level is on 0

Arc asked to turn down the sub which i did by -3 db. I changed mic positions 2-5 slightly

Attachments

• ARC 29th NOV PROFILE ONE.pdf
    191.2 KB · Views: 45
Have you got a link for that meter ?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom