Anthem MRX 520 / 720 / 1120 Series Owners

Ok sub level set to +3 but shows +6 in amp settings which explains +12 on previous runs looks like ARC is adding + 3db for delays? Not sure

L
Arc asked to turn down the sub which i did by -3 db. I changed mic positions 2-5 slightly
looks better as gives you more to play with now.
I would suggest you now look at changing the sub target to be flatter. Don’t completely flat but less curved that it is.

If you want me to adjust the arc file directly feel free to PM it over.

L

I would suggest you now look at changing the sub target to be flatter. Don’t completely flat but less curved that it is.

I ran another sweep using the same mic positions when I got the flat response earlier but With the added sub gain it has seemed to have changed to this curve. Mybe if I lower the gain by -3 db on.the sub I might get that flatter response. It sounds better with the extra db but I'm sure it can be improved

Attachments

• ARC 29th NOV PROFILE 1 NEW.pdf
    234.4 KB · Views: 54
L

I will have a listen then send you the best one over

L

It has been a long few hours of this. The original sweep had a nice flat response, since raising the sub volume I am not getting the same response. I will pm you now with the latest file

Thanks

Hi everybody, I have a problem with the ARC. I am a relatively new owner of an MRX 720. I also have an MCA 525 connected and drive a 5.1.2. I ran ARC yesterday and feel like I've lost something. Something like a basic depth, I think. I also miss a little bit of dynamic and my subwoofer is now clearly leister. Is this normal when using ARC? I do not get it. Maybe someone of you knows.
Thank you

Attachments

• MRX 720 Messung5_10_Positionen 5.1.2.pdf
    238 KB · Views: 99
Hi everybody, I have a problem with the ARC. I am a relatively new owner of an MRX 720. I also have an MCA 525 connected and drive a 5.1.2. I ran ARC yesterday and feel like I've lost something. Something like a basic depth, I think. I also miss a little bit of dynamic and my subwoofer is now clearly leister. Is this normal when using ARC? I do not get it. Maybe someone of you knows.
Thank you
I can see why you are saying what you are. Your main speakers have a really good response. So you should EQ over 1k. The default is 5k. So reduce that will add some depth back into the sound.

However the main issue is with the subwoofer. ARC will not be able to correct the big drop you have at 50hz. Despite what the predicated graph says. Not sure what sub you have? You need to improve the red line before running ARC. Either move the sub or increase the sub level on the sub to bring up the dip above 50hz. Then use ARC to reduce the below 50hz and you should get a better response.

One final thing your mains have a lot of bass so ARC will reduce that to make it more consistent across the overall frequency range. To counter this increase the room gain by about 0.6db. But you’ll need to sort the sub first.

Hope that helps. Feel free to post more results.

I can see why you are saying what you are. Your main speakers have a really good response. So you should EQ over 1k. The default is 5k. So reduce that will add some depth back into the sound.

However the main issue is with the subwoofer. ARC will not be able to correct the big drop you have at 50hz. Despite what the predicated graph says. Not sure what sub you have? You need to improve the red line before running ARC. Either move the sub or increase the sub level on the sub to bring up the dip above 50hz. Then use ARC to reduce the below 50hz and you should get a better response.

One final thing your mains have a lot of bass so ARC will reduce that to make it more consistent across the overall frequency range. To counter this increase the room gain by about 0.6db. But you’ll need to sort the sub first.

Hope that helps. Feel free to post more results.

Thank you.
As a subwoofer, I use an Elac 3070 and am actually very satisfied with it. Unfortunately I can not change it due to lack of space.
I took another measurement and enabled the subwoofer Auto EQ enabled.

How can I reduce the EQ?
And where can I increase the room gain?
In the settings of the MRX 720 I found nothing?

Attachments

• MRX 720 Messung6_5_Positionen 5.1.2.pdf
    237.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Thank you.
As a subwoofer, I use an Elac 3070 and am actually very satisfied with it. Unfortunately I can not change it due to lack of space.
I took another measurement and enabled the subwoofer Auto EQ enabled.

How can I reduce the EQ?
And where can I increase the room gain?
In the settings of the MRX 720 I found nothing?
That’s a good sub. Make sure you have it in Flat mode. The response does look better. I would still try increasing the gain and turning off the EQ in the sub. About a quarter of a turn on the level. Although ARC may well as you to reduce it slightly.

To change the room gain and EQ limit you do that in the ARC software. Look in the help files online they are very good if you can’t find it.

To change the room gain and EQ limit you do that in the ARC software. Look in the help files online they are very good if you can’t find it.

Okay, I find these settings in expert mode. Should I set the EQ limit to 1k only on the frontspeaker?

Here is the result.
Does that look better?

Attachments

• MRX 720 Messung7 expert_5_Positionen 5.1.2.pdf
    237.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
I’d set all speakers the same.

The attached doesn’t look any different to the first pdf you uploaded?

Yes, the curves look pretty much the same for me anyway. ;-)
On the new, No. 8, EQ limit is set 1k and room gain is increased by 0.6.
The curve of the subwoofer looks a bit different now.

Would it also be possible to remove the subwoofer from the ARC and drive it with its own EQ instead? Would that make sense?

Attachments

• MRX 720 Messung8 expert_5_Positionen 5.1.2.pdf
    236.8 KB · Views: 61
Yes, the curves look pretty much the same for me anyway. ;-)
On the new, No. 8, EQ limit is set 1k and room gain is increased by 0.6.
The curve of the subwoofer looks a bit different now.

Would it also be possible to remove the subwoofer from the ARC and drive it with its own EQ instead? Would that make sense?
I am no expert but your sub has those peaks and nulls which to me could be in not so ideal placement. If it is not already try placing it in a corner of the room which seems to be the ideal place for most.

I would definitely take Orange55 advice on the equlizer limit he knows what he is talking about as your speakers especially the fronts have a really good response already so the 1k correction shouls give you a instant improvement

Last edited:
Thanks, the ARC report says I've reduced the EQ limit to 1K:

"FRONTS
Upper correction frequency: 1000 Hz "

I think that was meant, right?

The room gain I increased by about 0.6, to 4,125 db.

As already mentioned, I can not change anything at the position of the subwoofer.
We will test the news with a movie after our child is in bed. ;-)

Thanks, the ARC report says I've reduced the EQ limit to 1K:

"FRONTS
Upper correction frequency: 1000 Hz "

I think that was meant, right?

The room gain I increased by about 0.6, to 4,125 db.

As already mentioned, I can not change anything at the position of the subwoofer.
We will test the news with a movie after our child is in bed. ;-)
I’d change the centre to match the fronts. Ie: 1K.
Did you raise the subwoofer level on the actual sub?

hey

dooes anyone have their mrx connected to pc? i noticed today then when i play movie in hdr anthem doesnt passtrough it to my lg oled, but when i choose tv hdmi input on tv then tv go into hdr mode with no issues

Yes. I'm not sure what you are describing, but with the right player (DSPlayer or Windows Film and TV app) I can get HDR movies to play fine for me.

i think i know what it is now.

But from what i meant was PC -> MRX -> TV no hdr sign on tv when playing hdr content
But in this connection all is fine PC -> TV = hdr sign etc

and i think the issue is that hdmi cable which goes to mrx is old one 1.4 standard not then high pass hdmi

Last edited:
I have had the 720 for a few weeks now and i am finding 2 channel music to be lifeless compared to multi channel movies which sounds amazing.

It sounds terrible with ARC alot more powerful and dynamic with ARC disabled but still terrible when it comes to musicality to.the point where I just can not bare to listen to it.

Its surprising to me that this is the case when it sounds so good with movies.

Having read alot of positives on this thread and outside of forums on how good performs with music. I just do not see it.

I have come from a marantz 8012 the Anthem is not not even close to its musicality

I am curious how you guys listen to stereo ARC on Off? or just use dedicated Stereo amps. The only way to tweak it is with ARC but I am dubious if I can get much improvements.

Hi all,

We are planning an AVForum members day to visit the U.K. Anthem distributor to learn more about ARC Genesis and how to get the best from from your Anthem. We will be looking at a weekend March. Please register interest here. If we have enough interest I will happily organise.
Regards
Rich@SeriouslyCinema

Hi all,

We are planning an AVForum members day to visit the U.K. Anthem distributor to learn more about ARC Genesis and how to get the best from from your Anthem. We will be looking at a weekend March. Please register interest here. If we have enough interest I will happily organise.
Regards
Rich@SeriouslyCinema
Hello where will this be held ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom