Anthem MRX 520 / 720 / 1120 Series Owners

The Keyspan USB to Serial adapter is what most people have used I think, but this might work -

In case anyone else is having trouble, it seems that the latest software is not always the one needed.

In desperation, I killed the software I’d downloaded from the Anthem site and ran the set up from an older software disc I’d been given.

Worked straight away. No issues at all.

Quite delighted. Only stereo until my 5.1 speakers appear, but it seems to do a fine job.

Not as good as Dirac Live, but this is the first version of ARC so I’m not surprised or peeved.

Can anyone tell me if the latest ARC Genesis is noticeably better than the original version shipped with the MRX 300?

I’m thinking specifically for 2.0, but 5.1 films will get a workout from time to time too.

Can anyone tell me if the latest ARC Genesis is noticeably better than the original version shipped with the MRX 300?

I’m thinking specifically for 2.0, but 5.1 films will get a workout from time to time too.
Yes it is.

Hi, what cables do you recommend to connect the AV receiver to the Power Amp.
Thanks

Hi thanks for the reply!
It´s RCA cables the receiver does not have XLR, i'ts a 720

Can anyone tell me if the AVM 50V will make a better stereo preamp than the MRX 300. I assume the components in the 50 will be a better class than the 300 so that will help. But so far as I can tell, the ARC software version is the same...?

I’m mainly interested in it for stereo with a subwoofer, though it will be used for 5.1 surround as well.

Can anyone tell me if the AVM 50V will make a better stereo preamp than the MRX 300. I assume the components in the 50 will be a better class than the 300 so that will help. But so far as I can tell, the ARC software version is the same...?

I’m mainly interested in it for stereo with a subwoofer, though it will be used for 5.1 surround as well.
Based on this review I would say yes.

My 15 year old Tag Processor out performer my MRX310 easily.

Hi, I am about to join the Anthem family and have an 1120 ordered to be delivered in the new year, and I’m moving from a Yamaha 3060. It will be driving a 5.1.4 set up.

As this is quite a long thread and I’m feeling lazy, I’m hoping that some of you fine folks might fill me in on some tips, tricks and issues to look out for.

The gear connected to the amp will be;
1. Sony 9400E
2. ATV 4 K
3. XBox One X
4. Foxtel IQ4

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
The gear connected to the amp will be;
2. ATV 4 K
4. Foxtel IQ4
I use both of those with my 1120. The ATV 4K is no problem whatsoever, the IQ4 is fine as well, even though I'm running it from another room via a 15m optical HDMI cable and a 4K splitter. It's unlikely you're going to need to worry about either of those two too much.

What does it mean by Dolby Vision compatible? will it play as Dolby Vision or is there a download needed?

Hi Rich - I'd like to register my interest in this please

Thanks, do you have a link? I can’t see it within the normal events section on the forum

Hi, hope someone can help, I have the mrx720. I’ve got a Samsung tv Q90r which does Hdr10+, I’ve just got a Panasonic ub820 that also does Hdr10+, unfortunately the Anthem doesn’t. Therefor I need to go Hdmi video from the ub 820 to the tv on the one connect box , which Hdmi port do I use for this?at the moment I use Hdmi arc out from the Anthem to Hdmi arc on the tv. I know I will have to use the Hdmi audio out from the Blu-ray player to the Anthem . Do I connect this to the second Hdmi out on the Anthem. Hope someone can help thankyou.

Hi, hope someone can help, I have the mrx720. I’ve got a Samsung tv Q90r which does Hdr10+, I’ve just got a Panasonic ub820 that also does Hdr10+, unfortunately the Anthem doesn’t. Therefor I need to go Hdmi video from the ub 820 to the tv on the one connect box , which Hdmi port do I use for this?at the moment I use Hdmi arc out from the Anthem to Hdmi arc on the tv. I know I will have to use the Hdmi audio out from the Blu-ray player to the Anthem . Do I connect this to the second Hdmi out on the Anthem. Hope someone can help thankyou.
You will need to connect the 820 Video HDMI to the TV and the Audio HDMI to the Anthem.

You will need to connect the 820 Video HDMI to the TV and the Audio HDMI to the Anthem.
Hi orange55,
can I pick any Hdmi on the Samsung tv? And the Audio Hdmi from the 820 does that go to the Anthem second Hdmi, I have the first Hdmi which is arc to the arc Hdmi in the tv. Is that correct.

You'd have to check if all the Samsung HDMI inputs support full 4K, but in theory any input should be fine.
The audio HDMI goes into any Anthem HDMI input.
Don't worry about ARC return channel, it's not relevant in this case. You're just sending the video direct to the TV and the audio direct to the amp.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom