Anthem MRX 520 / 720 / 1120 Series Owners

You'd have to check if all the Samsung HDMI inputs support full 4K, but in theory any input should be fine.
The audio HDMI goes into any Anthem HDMI input.
Don't worry about ARC return channel, it's not relevant in this case. You're just sending the video direct to the TV and the audio direct to the amp.
Hi Eddy555,
Done that and I get hdr10+, but I can’t get the Anthem info on the screen as I can when when using Sky q.

Correct, you won't get any Anthem info on the screen as it's not handling the image. The Anthem needs to be part of the image chain to be able to add the menu overlay onto your TV.
I'm assuming Sky Q goes into your Anthem before going to the the TV.
You can use all the menu functions from the display on the front of the Anthem though. It's not as easy, but everything is there.

Correct, you won't get any Anthem info on the screen as it's not handling the image. The Anthem needs to be part of the image chain to be able to add the menu overlay onto your TV.
I'm assuming Sky Q goes into your Anthem before going to the the TV.
You can use all the menu functions from the display on the front of the Anthem though. It's not as easy, but everything is there.
Yes SkyQ goes into the Anthem no issues there .i‘ll just have to lay on the floor to see the info. Ha ha ha .

Gone back to one cable connection, compared HDR10 v HDR10+ and there is not a lot of difference. It still looked fantastic in HDR 10. Not worth the hassle.

This is a bass management question. I have subwoofers connected to a separate amp that also receives pre-outs from the Fr Lt and Fr Rt of my MRX1120 and drives those speakers too.
What settings do I use in the MRX1120 bass management menu to ensure bass and LFE are routed to the separate amp?

This is a bass management question. I have subwoofers connected to a separate amp that also receives pre-outs from the Fr Lt and Fr Rt of my MRX1120 and drives those speakers too.
What settings do I use in the MRX1120 bass management menu to ensure bass and LFE are routed to the separate amp?
You will not get LFE from a separate amp. LFE is a channel in itself, the .1 channel. That will only get played through the connected LFE channel of the receiver. Your front and left channels will only be sending the signals above the crossover set on the receiver, usually 80hz in a surround sound set up as all speakers should be set to small with that crossover.

To get any bass to the connected amp and therefore the sub you would have to set your fronts to a low crossover within the receiver but that would still not give LFE effects. If you don't have a sub connected to the receiver and have configured as such then the fronts would be treated as full range and so would the pre-outs. Your sub would then produce bass from those front channels but not the dedicated LFE so you would still be losing a lot of sound effects.

Thanks for that excellent explanation. I think I will revert to a stereo switcher so that the Anthem drives the subs for movies, and the stereo amp drives them for music

I’d never considered that the receiver would also need to support video formats like HDR10+ and Dolby Vision. I’d presumed they’d just be pass through signals given it’s the TV that needs to interpret them.

So am I right in thinking that the Anthems fully supports HDR and Dolby Vision, but not HDR10+? Is the addition just a firmware update? Any news on this front?

That’s correct,it doesn’t support HDR10+, that’s why I had to the two cable route. But to be quite honest with my eye’s I struggled to see any difference that’s why I reverted back to one cable from my 4k player into the Anthem. And as far as I know at the moment there is no receiver that has HDR10+.

Hello, I have an Anthem MRX720 and I hope this is the correct place to post this question?

I am setting up the mrx720 in a new home. I was in the setup OSD menu when it froze. Could not do anything, even the power button did not work. I pulled the power, and restarted the 720. Then the OSD did not work. I downloaded latest firmware and installed, and OSD came back. When using OSD, it froze again. I tried re flash, but no fix. I tried pulling plug, and holding power button for 15 seconds then reinstall firmware. Still no OSD. I then turned the 720 on with the select button on to factory reset, and reinstalled firmware. Still no OSD. Whem pushing the i button on remote repeatedly, it shows :error" for OSD version. Aby ideas how I can fix this?
Thank you.

Had an odd issue in the last week. The volume will randomly jump up half way through watching something. Randomly increase from -25 to something like -15.

I tried disconnecting my Logitech remote (thinking it could be faulty and sending the signal) and it still did it last night. Anyone else had this?

Hi everyone. Hope this is the right place to ask. I'm having an issue with my MRX 720. When switching between HDMI inputs, I will lose either video or audio signal. I have only a regular PS4 slim and an Xbox One X connected to the 720. I'm thinking the PS4/1080p/DTS vs the xb1x/4k/atmos is having an the issue on the switch due to change in signal bitrate/bandwidth?

Does anyone know how to eliminate this issue or have the same problem? It will usually fix itself if I turn the receiver off and back on after the switch. This is a bit irritating having to restart every time the input is changed. Thanks!

LG B7 65
Anthem MRX 720
3x audioquest 6' chocolate HDMI cables
Revel/JL audio 5.1.2

Last edited:
Hello,
new to the forum. (MRX 1120 owner)
i'm sure there are countless posts (or maybe not) about the connectivity issues.
for the past couple years i have not given it much thought, then i see the Genesis ARC available.
i have spent countless hours on the phone with tech support with no luck.
My 1120 just will not connect to my wifi OR hard wired. I have the most recent FW updated, then i attempted to update the Play-fi (per instructions of Anthem) that did not even update.
I am ready to ship the unit back to Anthem for repair, this issue with that is the inconvenience of wires, connectors, shipping and not having it for a few weeks.
Looking for some in site if anyone else has had the same issues.
thanks again.

Matt

Hello,
i'm sure there are countless posts (or maybe not) about the connectivity issues.
for the past couple years i have not given it much thought, then i see the Genesis ARC available.
My 1120 just will not connect to my wifi OR hard wired. I have the most recent FW updated, then i attempted to update the Play-fi (per instructions of Anthem) that did not even update.
I am ready to ship the unit back to Anthem for repair, this issue with that is the inconvenience of wires, connectors, shipping and not having it for a few weeks.
thanks again.

Matt
Sorry, but I haven't encountered this. All connectivity is smooth.

Hello,
thanks again.

Matt
Have you tried setting a static IP address on the Anthem?

Any tips for getting the app setup, can’t seem to get app to find my AVM60 ?

1st night with it lol

I just keep getting the searching message

6DB3670A-40CA-4398-B53D-7FDB0EE977B4.png

Last edited:
G'day, I've an MRX 720 which started to act strangely lately. After doing a fresh ARC upload I noticed there was no bass at all. The sub did not activate. I checked the sub and the built in test sweep worked fine. It's a Balanced Force 210. I cleared the settings, uploaded again still no LFE. Checked test tones from the AVR and all was fine except the sub, it got going initially but started cutting out/cracking quickly then died completely, no signal at all. All other speakers were fine. I swapped the sub cable to the other output on the 720 and it started working however the test noise still fails. Could it be a failing AVR or something else? I recently update to the latest firmware. Thanks

Hello,
My recently purchased MRX720 seems to run very hot. Never had a receiver before that runs this hot. And not to mention the amplifier that is connected to it is obviously doing most of the heavy lifting, which makes this even more of a mystery. Any feedback would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Hello,
My recently purchased MRX720 seems to run very hot. Never had a receiver before that runs this hot. And not to mention the amplifier that is connected to it is obviously doing most of the heavy lifting, which makes this even more of a mystery. Any feedback would be highly appreciated. Thanks!
My 310 gets pretty warm. I think it’s more the hdmi cards that generate a lot of the heat.

Hello,
I wouldn't say my 720 or 510 get particularly hot, warm yes but not hot.

Do you have enough space around it?

I wouldn't say my 720 or 510 get particularly hot, warm yes but not hot.

Do you have enough space around it?
The maple cabinet I built for my system is intentionally open backed. Plus I made sure there was ample room on top and sides (4 inches free space). Plus shelves are vented. Just seems like an odd thing when you consider it's internal amps aren't even the ones doing the work. Receivers owned in the past got warm to the touch whereas this baby gets hot. Thanks for feedback.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom