Any heating engineers on here? Problem with radiator - can't bleed it?

Well my suggestion is as follows. Isolate all other radiators in house, turn pump to maximum speed and see if it fills completely. Failing that close both rad valves and undo rear bleed valve using a cloth to mop up the water that will come out, though should soon lose pressure. Then open front bleed valve fully and poke a needle in it, if no different remove bleed valve assembly in total and have a look at it.
If it appears okay open one rad valve gently and see if it fills completely.

Last edited:
@goatywoaty : last seen Wednesday at 7:30am I reckon he's flooded his router... :devil:

Lol sorry chaps, I was called back to work and it's gone nuts since so haven't had the motivation to do anything in the house! I'll try soon I promise :D

Finally got round to it! 😂

A pin didn't work, drilled it with a 2mm bit in the end. When it broke through and it started hissing it was a relief when I got the pin back in. Both panels filled/bled and working spot on now.

Clearly a manufacturing defect. It's a Myson radiator, and I have to say their customer service is terrible, they denied it had two bleed valves and then claimed out would bleed via just the one on the back even though that's impossible. Their technical manager said the same apparently!

Thanks for the help everyone 👍😊

Great news and thanks for the update.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom