Any heavy metal fans out there?

I for one won't be paying silly money to see Buns & Toasties and Aerosmith. Festivals like Stonedead & Call of the Wild are fantastic value for money with decent line ups.

Well, they're only great if they have bands you wanna see. If they don't, then not so much...

Still none the wiser why Stonedead changed it's name from Stonedeaf

Don't get me wrong, I like the Underworld - it's great when you can see bands in a tiny venue, especially when they're "name" bands you might not normally see in places like that (recently, Phil Anselmo and David Ellefson, not together!), but when it gets packed it can be a bit sh*t as unless you get a good spot you can't see much. Even with a good spot, the pillars can obscure part of the stage throughout.

ATG were originally supposed to be playing the Electric Ballroom, but it got moved to the Underworld - I assume they wanted to book a band at the Ballroom that can move more tickets than ATG

The trick is to push your way down the stairs which is easy as anyone standing in that area expects it, then follow the back wall round to the right hand side of the stage. From there you can easily get in the pit then quickly back out of it giving you a prime spot in the middle of the room. Works every time and if you time it well you can even do it with a pint in your hand with minimal spillage!

Last place I want to be when it's sold out and packed wall to wall, is in the middle of the floor! Nope, I wanna be on the upper level, between the stairs and the sound desk area. There's a column there you can lean back against if you get it right!

Well, they're only great if they have bands you wanna see. If they don't, then not so much...

Still none the wiser why Stonedead changed it's name from Stonedeaf
Changed due to name clash / copyrite issue. Still better value for money than the insane ticket costs some bands are charging loyal fans.

I’m hoping somebody can help me here....looking for a free download from July 2010. It was Machine Head’s Robb Flynn cover of Die Young. It was offered as a free MP3 download on their website but unsurprisingly it has now gone. As anybody got a copy they can email / FTP / etc to me?

Thanks.

Just got an email about this year's Download festival. Quality.

KISS, Iron Maiden, Korn and my favourite of the pick, System of a Down. Sunday is looking particularly good with Babymetal, Disturbed, Volbeat too.

Last edited:
Just got an email about this year's Download festival. Quality.

KISS, Iron Maiden, Korn and my favourite of the pick, System of a Down. Sunday is looking particularly good with Babymetal, Disturbed, Volbeat too.
Wait, Babymetal are still a thing?

I love that unofficial Lola Montez video on YouTube, and I’d like to see Volbeat.
Sixx:AM are another band I’d like to see.
We’re seeing WASP in Leeds in October and the Whitesnake Foreigner and Europe gig in June in Manchester.

Just heard that new Ozzy & Elton song this evening, after only just hearing about it too

Sounds great, but sadly also sounds like a farewell from someone not in the best of health recently :(.

EDIT ...
This new doc, “The Nine Lives of Ozzy Osbourne”, is due to air later in the year on A&E in the US. Expect it'll be picked up over here too.

A&E Network’s genre-defining, Emmy Award-winning ‘Biography’ is set to air the two-hour documentary special exploring the many lives and decade-spanning career of rock legend Ozzy Osbourne. Featuring exclusive interviews with Ozzy as he reflects on the many phases of his journey, “The Nine Lives of Ozzy Osbourne” will premiere this summer on A&E.

Last edited:
Sad news: Ray Burton, father of the legendary Metallica bassist Cliff Burton, died last Wednesday (15 Jan 2020) aged 94.

So sad., he was such a lovely guy. I'll miss the videos and stories he used to share, they were so heartwarming. RIP.

Just heard that new Ozzy & Elton song this evening, after only just hearing about it too

Sounds great, but sadly also sounds like a farewell from someone not in the best of health recently :(.

EDIT ...
This new doc, “The Nine Lives of Ozzy Osbourne”, is due to air later in the year on A&E in the US. Expect it'll be picked up over here too.

Video out yesterday ...

Metallica will be streaming a past concert every Monday on their YouTube channel. First one is online now.

Only heard these a couple of weeks back through having a Youtube night.

Don't usually go for all female bands as something never sounds quite right; always a little too forced or 'weak', but man can this band head bang it with the best of metal bands!

Burning Witches. A heady mix of Warlock, Accept, Priest, Germanic Metal. Great vocals, guitar playing and rhythm section.

Finally got this delivered today. Not a 180gm vinyl, but it's clean and clear.

[IMG]

Cheers, will check them out on itunes :thumbsup:

Just down loaded from iplayer :thumbsup:

I thought it was terribly weak. Floor is one of my favourite singers in metal but both albums Tuomas hasn't written for her have been poor compared to Once or Dark Passion Play. I wish she'd leave and get back to doing her own thing.

I would imagine most of you guys have already heard of them but I've only just discovered Bury Tomorrow through their latest singles, Choke in particular. But really liking them a lot, that kind of catchy melodic Metalcore. Really good band. Believe they are English as well so bonus points there.

Yeah, caught them at Download a couple of years ago, one of the highlights for me and have been listening to them since..

Really missing going to gigs due to you know what..

I should have been at Spurs Stadium last night seeing GnR 😢

Loving this new track from Ola Englund (Feared, The Haunted, At The Gates, ex Six Feet Under). He does come up with some awesome riffs

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom