Any information on the Hisense U8B TV?

Anybody had issues with this tv turning itself off at random times? Just had it happen twice in 20 minutes..seems to be doing it more and more now.
I had a few times, the TV hang up, when i setup HDMI and the TV apps. Screen was black, but the LED doesnt show red. So it wasnt turned of. Unplug from electricity and everything fine. Is this the same with you?

these last few times the kids have just been watching tv and it's turned off (led doesn't show red) but no response from any buttons until I unplug and plug back in.

Anybody had issues with this tv turning itself off at random times? Just had it happen twice in 20 minutes..seems to be doing it more and more now.
Hello, yes I did experienced a few restarts,only after attempting to modify settings in System - Application Settings, clearing cache, tracking status, stuff like that. After that, it never happened again. I hope you'll find this useful

I also encountered problems when I tried to turn ON the tv with remote control. It simply does NOT turn ON the Tv, and I have to use the TV switch. I suspect it only happens when the remote is paired with the TV thru Bluetooth. I will try and reset the TV and NOT pair the remote. I don't need voice control, as it isn't available in ,my area anyway. Also new batteries may help...

I also encountered problems when I tried to turn ON the tv with remote control. It simply does NOT turn ON the Tv, and I have to use the TV switch. I suspect it only happens when the remote is paired with the TV thru Bluetooth. I will try and reset the TV and NOT pair the remote. I don't need voice control, as it isn't available in ,my area anyway. Also new batteries may help...
Had a similar issue when I set the remote to Bluetooth, I had to keep the power button pressed for 15-ish seconds before it would turn on.
I suspect it still used IR to turn it on.
Swapping the 1 month old batteries it came with for decent rechargeables fixed the problem.

I'm a little confused to what file I need to download, can anyone tell me the right firmware for my model TV? Can't get the latest via OTA.

Thank you in advance.

Which hdmi cable do you recommend for this TV to take advantages of all capabilities?
How do you guys take advantage of the 120hz screen?

Any high speed 2.0 cable will do, I recommend this one

EDIT: My bad, it seems you will need a cable with higher bandwidth, take a look at this one. Seems overkill to me, I don't plan on going above 60hz on this TV via an external source.

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hi,
I've read in previous posts that there is a new firmware available for manual update but I was wondering if anyone in the UK has had an automatic update pushed out newer than V0001.01.00a.J0906?
TV model H65U8BUK.

Not me, I think I'm going to do the manual update via USB, I have read on here and it seems it doesn't matter which variant you flash.

Can anyone recommend a good wall bracket for the U8B please?

Personally I went for this one, It's mounts up to 40kg, TV's only 26.8kg

Don't be put off by the maximum TV size, as long as it supports the VESA (200/400)mm and can withstand the weight you'll be fine.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I'm a little confused to what file I need to download, can anyone tell me the right firmware for my model TV? Can't get the latest via OTA.

Thank you in advance.

I strongly advice you to try and contact Hisense UK branch, they should be the ones to provide you with the right firmware for your model.

I strongly advice you to try and contact Hisense UK branch, they should be the ones to provide you with the right firmware for your model.

Ok, so I've just come off the phone to Hisense UK, they told me the firmware K0117 is two newer than the one designed for my TV. But because the TV accepted it without any problems it will more than likely be coming to the TV soon. Normally they push updates out every month or two month at the beginning on the month. Also said as is the warranty would be voided, but once a OTA arrives or a manual update was applied with one that is older, I'll get the warranty back.

So my question is, where are these firmware's coming from? They obviously aren't intended for the UK market as of yet at least. I feel I should revert to an older firmware, but he said you should be fine, just wait for an OTA...

I've contracted them again and they have sent me out a USB with the right firmware, do you know if it's possible to downgrade firmware?

I've contracted them again and they have sent me out a USB with the right firmware, do you know if it's possible to downgrade firmware?
Sorry for the late reply. Downgrading firmware? That should be your next question for them. Sounds kind of risky job to do. I Never did that before... I also have K0117 installed on my TV and it's the latest.

Sorry for the late reply. Downgrading firmware? That should be your next question for them. Sounds kind of risky job to do. I Never did that before... I also have K0117 installed on my TV and it's the latest.

No problem, Hisense sent out the USB and low and behold it contained the K0117 firmware, I have now uploaded this to my set, it allowed me to flash it over the same firmware, but I did this as it's the one they provided and I know it's the right one for my set in the UK.

Attachments

• IMG_20200416_200430.jpg
    IMG_20200416_200430.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 173
Hi, I've uploaded the Firmware given to me from Hisense UK, this is the latest K0117 from the USB that was sent out to me, It's probably the same one as posted earlier, but just thought I'd share with it being given from Hisense UK themselves.

File on MEGA

Going to phone John Lewis about mine, sick of constantly having to unplug from the mains for when it just freezes (or sometimes it just randomly powers off). Had to 2 it twice already today!

Going to phone John Lewis about mine, sick of constantly having to unplug from the mains for when it just freezes (or sometimes it just randomly powers off). Had to 2 it twice already today!

Have you updated to the latest firmware? Also factory reset the TV if you've not done already.

Mine freezes on ITV Hub for some reason, but strangely enough my Samsung did the same thing, it must be the app itself, a workaround is the fire stick, no issues there. I'ts a fantastic TV for the money, £600 I paid for my 65".

Have you updated to the latest firmware? Also factory reset the TV if you've not done already.

Not updated the latest firmware as was unsure about going to a version which had been formally released. Will try the factory reset next ta.

Not updated the latest firmware as was unsure about going to a version which had been formally released. Will try the factory reset next ta.

Look back at my post #265 it has the latest one supplied by Hisense UK. This was sent to me via USB.

Just wondering on settings you guys are using in regards to local dimming? What are the optimal settings etc. I am using either low or medium.

Hello, do you have this problem on your 65U8B? : With my 4K apple tv and my Amazon Fire stick 4K with netflix or Disney, dolby vision movies are in 8bits/rec709/RGB instead of 12bits/rec2020/yuv422. Thank you.

Hello, do you have this problem on your 65U8B? : With my 4K apple tv and my Amazon Fire stick 4K with netflix or Disney, dolby vision movies are in 8bits/rec709/RGB instead of 12bits/rec2020/yuv422. Thank you.

You must be confused, from what I understand the TV is an 8bit panel?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200425-111142.jpg
    Screenshot_20200425-111142.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 129
Thinking off exchanging my samsung UE65TU7000 that I got from richer sounds for this ,do you guys think that it would be worth it.i know nothing about hdr but I am thinking that the hisense would display a better picture

Thinking off exchanging my samsung UE65TU7000 that I got from richer sounds for this ,do you guys think that it would be worth it.i know nothing about hdr but I am thinking that the hisense would display a better picture

This is the better TV for HDR yes. Better TV overall. There are much better TV's with FALD but for the money you'll struggle to beat this set.

All depends on your budget. The upcoming Hisense U8Q on paper is the better TV might be worth waiting for that, although it's a step backwards in regards to design imho. Thick housing and ugly sound bar at the bottom on the bezel. With the U8Q being full array expect a higher price tag though.

Regards
Josh

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom