Any news about Philips PUS8505

If you made the TV 1080p, you'd have a huge black rectangle around the picture in the middle.

Everything that isn't 4K has to be upscaled to 4K so it fits the screen.

If you made the TV 1080p, you'd have a huge black rectangle around the picture in the middle.

Everything that isn't 4K has to be upscaled to 4K so it fits the screen.
Yeah, when dealing with non-4K content on a 4K TV, upscaling is necessary to fill the screen without creating black bars. It's a common practice to optimize the viewing experience.

Hello guys,

I'm not sure if I chose the correct thread, but here it goes. I'm an owner of PUS8535 with the latest Android 11.

Recently I bought a Creative Stage v2 soundbar. It's connected via HDMI cable. One thing is getting on my nerves. 3/4 of the times when I turn on the TV, the soundbar powers itself on as well, but after 2-3 seconds I'm getting a prompt that the TV is changing the audio source AND... changes the HDMI input to the one with soundbar (HDMI4 in my case). I need to select the proper source again, which takes a couple of seconds every time. I've tried disabling multiple EasyLink options, but the problem remains.

Any ideas how to disable the HDMI from changing the source? I would rather avoid a factory reset, if possible.

It could be something related to the arc or auto device kicking in. Depending on the hmdi socket. I think it's one or two is the one that has arc enabled , so will pass back the audio. You might need to switch those hdmi sockets around and then it will auto switch to the soundbar without going to the particular hdmi source that the soundbar is connected to rather than the source you want it to use.

I have the 2021 8456 and the setting for easylink are under general then easylink. Hope this helps. I have a Yamaha ysp 1600 connected via ARC on Hdmi and TV switchs on fine and switchs to soundbar via audio out option, but not to the source.

It could be something related to the arc or auto device kicking in. Depending on the hmdi socket. I think it's one or two is the one that has arc enabled , so will pass back the audio. You might need to switch those hdmi sockets around and then it will auto switch to the soundbar without going to the particular hdmi source that the soundbar is connected to rather than the source you want it to use.

I have the 2021 8456 and the setting for easylink are under general then easylink. Hope this helps. I have a Yamaha ysp 1600 connected via ARC on Hdmi and TV switchs on fine and switchs to soundbar via audio out option, but not to the source.
Thanks for this. I think PUS8535 has 4 Arc ports - at least they are labeled as such. I have filled the support ticket and hopefully Philips will decide to look into this without giving me usual BS macros to disconnect the cable. EasyLink and CEC in general is a pain...

Thanks for this. I think PUS8535 has 4 Arc ports - at least they are labeled as such. I have filled the support ticket and hopefully Philips will decide to look into this without giving me usual BS macros to disconnect the cable. EasyLink and CEC in general is a pain...
Yep , it took a while to get the Yamaha to connect up correctly, so I feel your pain and things like the Xbox Series X is even more weird with its CEC implementation that I gave up with it lol.

Yep , it took a while to get the Yamaha to connect up correctly, so I feel your pain and things like the Xbox Series X is even more weird with its CEC implementation that I gave up with it lol.
HDMI 2 is eARC the rest are plain vanilla ARC. I couldn't get arc to work on my Yamaha 373 then all of a sudden it started working on it's own a few days ago when a notice popped up saying switching to Audio System when I turned on the amp. I unplugged the optical cable and the sound was coming through the HDMI. I read that the TV can only use one ARC output at a time so I'm wondering if the TV sees the Firestick as an arc output as its permanently on but I did reboot it a few days ago so may have registered the amp output as the ARC connection as a consequence.

Hi,
is there any changelog available for TPM191E_201.0.215.200 and TPM191E_201.0.246.000 ?

thankx.

Hey there Guys. Long Time thread lurker, first time posting.

I recently had my set (50pus8555) serviced because it was starting to show a dark spot (5inches or so). I was a week or so shy of the warranty period being over so i got lucky and got my panel exchanged. (long story short, first they refused, but i was not willing to take no for an answer so eventualy i got them to understand the panel had to be fixed/exchanged) .

This is where it gets interesting, or not and im seing things that arent there...
When i got the newly installed panel i noticed that the frame around the panel was different... it had a philips logo on the lower left side, my old one didn't (i checked, everything else is the same, soc, ram, etc. so its not a new or more recent THE ONE motherboard and chasis model, just the panel is a new one or from a different model perhaps, i guess a more recent one than the one i had).

I didnt notice anything different until i connected my ps5 to this tv, suddenly one game (fortnite) was showing 120pfs (albeit only 1080p). going through the hdmi outputs on ps5 config menu it showed OK for 1080p120hz (but not 4k120). I connected my computer and it also offers 1080p120. I think i was not using a 2.1 hdmi cable, tomorrow ill try that.

Could it be possible that i had a 120hz panel installed on a originaly 60hz only tv and 120hz works? (well, kinda....) The soc on the tv does not allow for anything over 4k60 but i guess an outside source thats capable of 4k120 (ps5/PC/maybe a nvidia shield pro) works?

what do you guys think? Im pretty oblivious to the technical part of this, so i might be understanding wrong how 120hz work.

Last edited:
It sounds like from the screen bezel and Philips location that they fitted a 8x46 as I have the silver one 8546 and that has the Philips icon in the corner and it has hdmi 2.1 and does 1140p and 1080p at 120hz when I check Xbox Series X options. Due to there being little difference in the screens Vs 2020 Vs 2021 (8**55 Vs 46 etc.

has everyone still got the Disney app? It says it needs an update for me then nowhere to be seen in the appstore

Philips 65PUS8555 (IPS) Christmas set.
SDR 235 nit /gamma 2.4 / true D65 plasma Kuro

Picture style: ISF
Colour 55
Backligt contrast 85
Brightness 50
Sharpness 1

Advanced:
Colour enhancement: Off
Colour Gamut - Normal
Warm
Contrast mode - off
HDR Upscaling - Off
Dynamic contrast - Off (or minimum with gamma 0)
Video contrast - 100
Light sensor - off
Gamma 4 (it depends on the light / dark content you are watching)

2 point: Colour temperature D65 plasma Kuro
My factory "warm" temperature is 127/108/70
R-104 (Subtract 23 points from your factory "Warm" temperature.
G-108 (do not touch)
B-60 (Subtract 10 points from your factory "Warm" temperature)
R-BL -1
G-BL 0
B-BL +1

20 point:
Level 1 = R -9 G -6 B -15
Level 2 = R +2 G -3 B -8
Level 3 = R +3 G +3 B -1
Level 4 = R +3 G 0 B -1
Level 5 = R 0 G -1 B -1
Level 6 = R 0 G -2 B -2
Level 7 = R -2 G -1 B -3
Level 8 = R -2 G -3 B -3
Level 9 = R -3 G -3 B -3
Level 10 = R -4 G -4 B -3
Level 11 = R -2 G -4 B -2
Level 12 = R -3 G -5 B -2
Level 13 = R -3 G -5 B -2
Level 14 = R -5 G -5 B -4
Level 15 = R -3 G -5 B -3
Level 16 = R -2 G -2 B -3
Level 17 = R -1 G -3 B -5
Level 18 = R +1 G -1 B -5
Level 19 = R +3 G 0 B -3
Level 20 = R 0 G 0 B -3

Colour Control:
Red Hue -1 Sat 0
Yellow Hue -2 Sat -2
Green Hue +2 Sat -1
Cyan Hue 0 Sat 0
Blue Hue -1 Sat -1
Magenta Hue +1 Sat 0

Attachments

• CMS.png
    CMS.png
    407.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot 2023-12-30 154221.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-30 154221.png
    403.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Hello. I was trying to understand if I can update my pus8505 to Android 11. No update available through the updater on tv. Is there anyway I can download it?

Thanks.

Is it a recommended update? Does or could it break anything or cause instability, or slow it down?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom