Any news about Philips PUS8505

Anyone have any idea of what this update contains or does?

Silly question perhaps, but are you able to access Disney+ from other devices on the same network?

You don't have any content blocking running on your network do you- e.g. on your router?

yup. All other devices are fine. Just the Philips TV.

I'm wondering how you connect Philips HUE lights to the TV? is is basically plug and play?

I'm wondering how you connect Philips HUE lights to the TV? is is basically plug and play?
They need to be colour Philips Hue lights (not just white or white ambiance), and they need to be controlled via the Hue Bridge.

Yes, but since it covers 90% dci-p3, you don't understand which one exactly !? On panelook there are no ips that have this coverage
I think we are being misled by these stickers. Boards on pictures are lg but few numbers bring random results:
6870s-9100a boards by lg to control screen which means....
LC650EQQ-SMA3 - xiaomi uses same number in their 65" and specs are bit different- unfortunately screen on custom order yet manufacturer to find out. Well could be that not for retail due to licence. wonder where any more labels hiding on that panel. Back light is custom by tpvision for sure.

ST6451D02-F/LC650EQQ-SMA3

Last edited:
yup. All other devices are fine. Just the Philips TV.

Interesting. Network settings are wired DHCP going through a bridge bonded to 5GHz on BT Smart Hub. TV gets IP automatically but on the devices list on the Smart Hub, it shows the IP is static - not set that way on the Smart Hub. Might be the way the Philips is requesting an IP. On a hunch, switched to DHCP wireless and Disney+ connected. Rebooted, switched to static IP wired connection with a free IP on the TV and it failed. So looks like a combo of the TV and the Smart Hub routing it. I’ll stick with wireless. It was good enough for the Roku.

Edit 22:55 on 04/08/20

WiFi with Disney+ crapped out again - unable to connect - no error code. Turned off wifi on the TV, set a static IP and set router as gateway and DNS. Still no connection. Forced stop of DIsney+. Still no connection. Then set Google DNS as secondary on the TV. Connected immediately. Just incase anyone else finds that - the suggestion was buried ion a Disney subreddit. Worked for me.

4K Dolby Vision content looks sublime.

Last edited:
Does anyone have model numbers with pictures of which different stands come with those models?

Finding it bit confusing which models come with which stand type - I want the one in this pic, 70";

View attachment 1344920

I've seen people on here get the 8535 and 8555 which seems to have the long bar type stand. The above pic is from the amazon listing of model 70PUS8545 but then if you look at their listing for 43, 50, 65 PUS8545 it has a pic of bar type stand :confused:
I believe only the 70" models come with this stand ;).

Last edited:
They need to be colour Philips Hue lights (not just white or white ambiance), and they need to be controlled via the Hue Bridge.
Hue bridge is the little box that comes with the "starter packs"? I saw this test of hue connection box (can't remember name) Which was very expensive and required HDMI input etc... Is that for non-phillips tv's then? :)
9675492360222.jpg

On my Philips 58PUS8505/12 the panel I think it's made by AUO, see the attached pic of the rgb structure, panel is VA, black is perfect, but full brightness is less than my 3 year old LG 60SJ810V (400 Philips vs 700 LG)

Attachments

• Philips_58pus8505_RGB_structure.png
    Philips_58pus8505_RGB_structure.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 225
There were only these. I don't want to think that's this :facepalm:
Another clue, can you identify what's written in flex cables as per picture. As I understant goes under bezel so maybe sticker is there too. Can see O L letters
IMG_20200803_173528.jpg

To get your serial or what firmware it's running press 123654 in quick succession with the remote.

Hue bridge is the little box that comes with the "starter packs"? I saw this test of hue connection box (can't remember name) Which was very expensive and required HDMI input etc... Is that for non-phillips tv's then? :)
9675492360222.jpg
Yep that’s it. The HDMI box you saw was for non-Philips TVs, yeah.

Yep that’s it. The HDMI box you saw was for non-Philips TVs, yeah.
Thank you :)
This makes me second guess waiting for 70PUS9005. Which is now delayed to arrive until mid September here in Norway.
Also the 70PUS9005 is listed at 19000NOK (€1771). 70PUS8555 was 18000NOK ( €1678), but is now "only" 14000 NOK ( €1305)
Don't think the 9005 is worth the extra cost, I presume the only advantage is 4 sided amblight. But for price difference, I can fill the room with hue lights.

On my Philips 58PUS8505/12 the panel I think it's made by AUO, see the attached pic of the rgb structure, panel is VA, black is perfect, but full brightness is less than my 3 year old LG 60SJ810V (400 Philips vs 700 LG)
Take your pick :D : one of these is from the 58" 7304 and each one is from a different manufacturer (added a fifth, so one manufacturer now has two panels here).

0e3c8ad1-samsung-qe65q70r-le-televiseur-de-milieu-de-gamme-tant-attendu.jpeg9ace7db7-sony-kd-55xh8096-que-vaut-le-televiseur-android-tv-ultra-hd-le-plus-abordable-du-fab...jpeg40b0d8a8-philips-58pus7304-le-televiseur-the-on-est-il-reellement-un-tres-bon-rapport-qualite...jpeg48423f14-samsung-ue55ru7405-le-televiseur-milieu-de-gamme-de-samsung-ne-demerite-pas.jpega07f8095-samsung-qe75q950ts-samsung-affine-son-televiseur-8k.jpeg

But at least from your pic you can tell they delivered on their 'RGB' promise (instead of the usual BGR).

Last edited:
Well :) I've ordered 70" PUS8555, it'll arrive on Monday! A bit scared after my PUS8204 incident, but I'm still looking forward to it :)

Take your pick :D : one of these is from the 58" 7304 and each one is from a different manufacturer (added a fifth, so one manufacturer now has two panels here).

View attachment 1345381View attachment 1345382View attachment 1345383View attachment 1345384View attachment 1345386

But at least from your pic you can tell they delivered on their 'RGB' promise (instead of the usual BGR).

on my philips it seems that the panel in the second pic you posted is installed, what panel is that can you provide more info?

Has anyone tried to uninstall/disable apps which came with this tv? It looks like with last two firmware updates apps keep coming back on my 7394. I uninstalled/disabled literally all freview and other apps also customized home screen channels leaving only apps I use. After few tv cycles on/off everything appears back... anyone with similar experience on these new sets? 6months ago everything was fine from day I had it new. o_O

hi all - i have been following this thread with great interest.

i have yesterday received delivery of 58PUS8545 and setting it up now. are there tests i could run to check the common things like dead/stuck pixels etc? i am aware of the netflix test patterns but not entirely sure what to do with them. do i just leave them playing?

also for folks who have the same model, please may i ask if they could share some calibrations? thank you

i have yesterday received delivery of 58PUS8545 and setting it up now. are there tests i could run to check the common things like dead/stuck pixels etc? i am aware of the netflix test patterns but not entirely sure what to do with them. do i just leave them playing?

also for folks who have the same model, please may i ask if they could share some calibrations? thank you
Congratulations with new purchase. Suppose youtube videos with similar subject could help, cycle colours etc.
As for calibration I think only @pro100gamer posted his for 65" panel on this post
Keep in mind his is IPS panel so might not suit that well. Otherwise I have not seen calibration on this thread for 58" model.

Congratulations with new purchase. Suppose youtube videos with similar subject could help, cycle colours etc.
As for calibration I think only @pro100gamer posted his for 65" panel on this post
Keep in mind his is IPS panel so might not suit that well. Otherwise I have not seen calibration on this thread for 58" model.

thank you - having never owned an ambilight before, the experience is wow. i have a samsung 55" Q85R (2019) which is a decent set but i am seriously considering making this one our main/lounge tv.

yes, i have those calibrations from @pro100gamer bookmarked :) but was a tiny bit hesitant given they were for an IPS panel - i will give them a go and see how they look. thank you

I have a 58" panel too.

I haven't done white point calibration (although I have tried the ones shared in this thread for the 65" IPS panels - unsurprisingly they don't translate to the 58" as it's a totally different panel type so I've reverted to stock settings for 2 and 20 point calibration).

I could share my brightness/contrast settings etc though if you like, which get most of the way there as the set looks pretty good out of the box IMO.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom