Any news of the PGR3 competition?

M

MBuck

When are the times being published on the site?
Would love to know how I did.

Fingers crossed eh !!

Matt.

MBuck said:
When are the times being published on the site?
Would love to know how I did.

Fingers crossed eh !!

Matt.
What did you get?

I have never played a 360 or PGR3 and got 46 which I thought was a bit rubbish but beat everybody else who I watched play.

I expect 38-42 would win it.

It was quite exciting playing for a £3k prize though! Loved it!

Well I'd say you are a lucky man, congratulations. your time was faster than mine and considering the best time in the world is 39 seconds in the class 'A' category I'd say you are pretty safe.. the dream was fun while it lasted....

MBuck said:
Well I'd say you are a lucky man, congratulations. your time was faster than mine and considering the best time in the world is 39 seconds in the class 'A' category I'd say you are pretty safe.. the dream was fun while it lasted....
I hit the wall 3 times though, well clipped twice and hit once :(

I have real track experience though :)

Luckily havnt clipped any walls in real life.

I expect 39 seconds is with a manual setup though too.

Again I'd say congrtatulations. Up until they mentioned the somewhat 'large' deadzone on the wheel I was in with a chance. on a controller I'm lucky enough to post times within the top 30 players in the PGR world and can only wish it was a controller we used to compete. well done.. enjoy your prizes

matt

I'm also wondering when the results are going to be posted and what adjustments were made for the wheel to controller change after someone broke the wheel.

Hey up? a controller was used? your pulling my chain right? i really hope you are as would have had a rock solid chance if using a controller. i had a go on that circuit tonight just for comparison and posted a 39.89 lap using the Atom A300 car. Well I guess what ever the organisers decide We'll have to go with. fingers crossed for a replay or something.....

matt

I appreciate that it's fun based but for someone like me, the chance to win nealry £3000 worth of kit is beyond words, using the controller would have made all the difference. can't help but feel gutted..

matt

Why do you feel gutted? It's only a game and designed for fun.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it was a great idea. Thanks.

Yes I used a controller on the sunday.

it's purely because I believe a i had a genuine chance of winning (i'm well ranked on PGR's 'true skill' leagues) and such a fantastic prize is something a can only dream of owning. I love games and enjoy playing so much, that in itself is the fun part i agree.

i think mbuck is basically a competitive gamer.......heh.....nowt wrong with that, play in leagues on CSS myself with the idea to win.....ignore all comments such as 'awpers suck' and shoot the gits....*grins*

Well Mr Tunafish, Looks like we have ourselves a race off. The very best of luck to you. I look forward to meeting you. :thumbsup:

Its all hypothetical mbuck. See if i'd have gone to the show, i'd of won :D so then you'd have something else to use an excuse!

The seat and the new steering wheel was a "leveler" to make it more competitive and fairer. Of course there are going to be people who are really quick on the joypad, and those that play DAILY.....but where is the "competition" in that...

A big prize, a great prize, just wanna know who has won my telly and whether they are a poster on AV Forums!!

I reckon Stuart has run off with the prizes :D

Think I posted a 43 or 45s lap using the controller. Can;t remember which.

The experience of sitting in that seat in the Forums stand with the possibility of winning all that kit was fun in itself!

Took me half an hour to get the adrenaline out of my system :cool:

Well MBuck and TUNA FISH are bettling it out at a playoff at Bournemouth Dawsons tomorrow lunchtime. May the best man win!

Sounds interesting. Do tell more

I'll fill in the gaps...............

MBuck put in the fastest wheel time.
Tuna fish put in the fastest controller time.

So as we speak (or type) they are in bournemouth racing a fastest 3 out of 5 races on PGR3.

The winner takes the gear home in their car !!!

BruceH said:
I'll fill in the gaps...............

MBuck put in the fastest wheel time.
Tuna fish put in the fastest controller time.

So as we speak (or type) they are in bournemouth racing a fastest 3 out of 5 races on PGR3.

The winner takes the gear home in their car !!!

No pressure then :eek:

Crikey! :eek: That is mad! Having a race off for £3k's worth of kit. From what i've seen Pooon and Timdog are the 2 best racers at PGR3 on the forums, but i've not played against either MBuck or TUNA FISH so can't comment on their ability (although I guess they must be pretty good for them to be the two fastest:)). It would be good to see how the likes of Pooon and Timdog do against the eventual winner:).

Isn't that one of the terms? A winner takes all race against Me!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom