Any news on 65PUS9435/12

9435 dropped to £1099 on Richer Sounds for 65inch. I think I'll get it. Current TV is TXP50ST50 so I reckon I'm in for a major upgrade??

Considering the price, are there any other TVs to consider?

That's really disappointing with the "dark corners", I thought this was a direct light panel? are you going to ask for a replacement?
Direct lit TVs are more likely to have dark corners than edge lit.
It's one of the reasons direct isn't necessarily better than edge.

Until you reach full FALD TVs of course.

9435 dropped to £1099 on Richer Sounds for 65inch. I think I'll get it. Current TV is TXP50ST50 so I reckon I'm in for a major upgrade??

Considering the price, are there any other TVs to consider?

If you have space, on the same price range, you can get the 75PUS8505/12

I received this TV last Tuesday as an exchange for my previous 65PUS8303 (IPS, Edge Led, 100Hz)

Pro
Soundbar does its job very well

Did you connect two rear surround speakers via Play-FI ? Really I need this information for OLED935 one but the soundbar system it's more or less the same, thanks.

Did you connect two rear surround speakers via Play-FI ? Really I need this information for OLED935 one but the soundbar system it's more or less the same, thanks.

No, I did not. I don't have them and I don't need Play-Fi.

Hi! I am new to this forum:) I just bought a 65” PUS9435 and wonder if someone could post some good calibration etc for this TV? :)
I play mostly Series X on it! Also is it possible to connect a Subwoofer to the Bowers&Wilkens soundbar? Because I maybe think the bass is not as good as I want or maybe I have the wrong settings on? 🤔

Hi All
I am thinking about buying the 55 inch 435 and i do have room to go to the 65 inch, I currenty have a Pioneer Kuro 500a which i need to sell first.
Couple of questions, Will this make my home theater redunant, I have a Pioneer receiver with a 5.1 speaker set up, With the TV having a B&W speaker set up, is their any point in using the 5.2 via the receiver?
Regarding the Amberlight, Can this be switched off while watching TV?

Finally , Will there be much differance between the LED and the OLED... I dont like bright screens, Noted that the 55 and 65 are the same price at richer sounds .

Last edited:
I ordered the 65pus9435 today for a good deal over here.
Hopefully i get it delivered this week still.

Tempted to buy the 55inch today, Found a offer of £900 for one, My issue is selling my Kuro. to good to throw away and no room to store it

Well i have tje tv setup right now the 65 inch and all i can say is wow.
Out of the box it already looks awesome and that on all sources i tried.
Blacks are also really good.
The soundbar is a nice addition and works good bit the bass could have been abit more imho.
Sending the audio directly to my av receiver works perfectly thx to arc trough hdmi and plays atmos truehd ect ect.
Conclusion on audio is that regular tv ill play trough the tv soundbox and when ill watch movies or my tv shows with kodi ill switch to tje av receiver.

Now tomorrow im gonna see if i can fine tune the settings abit more but i dont think alot is needed.

Oh and my hue lights work perfect in sync with the ambilight+hue setting.

Overall really happy camper here

Have done a calibration för SDR but not HDR. Have someone any tips for that ? I can copy SDR in to HDR and maybe only change to Cinema mode ?

Tested today to calibrate HDR but did not get it right. Via Netflix, I chose an HDR movie, chose the Cinema mode and made my changes. Then I tested SDR and the tv dont switch back to ISF day ( SDR ) It was still in Cinema. Bought my TV ready calibrated by Mediamarkt. They Only calibration for SDR. Anyone with Philips TV who can provide info on how to do this?

Last edited:
Everyone still happy with the 9435???
Dont seem to get lots of attention this tv despite it being awesome :D

Everyone still happy with the 9435???
Dont seem to get lots of attention this tv despite it being awesome :D
Probably because it was a little overpriced for its specs and hardly different from lower range tvs ;) I am quite happy that hold myself from buying one as 2021 mini led range should maybe justify its price.

Very happy with my 9435. Great picture. I pay 12990 swedish kr. It`s about 1290 Euro i think.

Hi everybody,
I have a 9435 sine 2 weeks, and i like it very much:)
Before i bought it i tried to get more infos about the spec, and the most important question are the kind of display, like fald or not and 400nits or 500 and the 50/60hz are was a little strange, but i bought it anyway.
Based on my first 14days experience, I need to tell, this tv is much much better as it looks based on spec.

My previous tvs was a premium 46pfs8008 and 55pus8602 with Samsung qled display, with much better specification(much higher peak brightness, real 100hz, and of course the quantum dot technology, which giving beauty colours. And in our bedroom we have a 55pfs7509 with a poor brightness, and tragically slow menu, but with 3d and good pic… So I have a basis for comparison.

Nevertheless I say, the 9435 is a good tv with surprisingly good colours and blacks. The only visible problem with the hdr or dolby vision sources. The 400 or 500 nits are not enough, the tv somewhere on the border. At normal daylight scenes hdr gives extra for the eyes, but for dark scenes this value is not enough. The pic have no details in dark scenes, little bit looks noisy.
Not possible to find a good calibration.
With normal hd or uhd sources the pic is looks very nice if You can adjust the tv.
And the 50hz…..i try, but i cannot see the difference, the electronics makes a good work in this area.
Finally the sound, I was shocked from the bass which comes out from thos small box. If You try to test with bass boosted music, You can hear it, its great:) Try this:

And the quality of sound is perfect.

The soc is noticeably faster compare with 8602, overall i like this 9435 a little better than my previous uhd premium certified one.

Another good feature, philips finally did it(I have been waiting for it for years), to add hue lights for the lower side in a 3 sided ambilight system.

Best Regards,

Laszlo

After few months of usage I would like to give an update.
1. Yes, the 400 nits are not enough, My previous 65 philips with IPS was much brighter
2. dark corners in light scenes is very annoying. I was not able to reduce it
3. clouding, in light scenes too, is disturbing, especially with SD content
4. 50Hz, even with the help of electronics, is totally crap

I have this TV (65 inch) for a week now. I like the black level and colors. I do not like motion judder in Cinema mode. To be honest all modes present some judder for me (I am more sensitive to this than my wife). If I set Smoothness to Personal and Maximum, the judder is not visible but then I get the soap opera effect and some kind of frame dropping when scene changes dynamically or panning is faster. I got this TV with some older firmware and immediately upgraded to the latest after initial setup. Was it better on previous firmware, maybe Philips made it worse lately?

Very late post on this.

Can confirm that this TV at 65in has a AUO VA panel. 5000:1 contrast ratio . It is 8-bit+FRC (but so are nearly most TVs)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom