any real reason to go for a ag9 when i have a af9

zzcool

Standard Member
Reaction score
to begin i absolutely adore my sony af9 it's nearly a love story i admire it every day, i use it as a pc monitor and have for over a year and theres still not a single sign of burn in, this tv is just incredible not just from the image itself but the overall design it looks like a giant painting it's simply precious to me, so i saw a ag9 on sale for a price i could afford and decided to go for it as a backup for when my af9 does go bad, but now i started reading up on the ag9 and many reviewers state the af9 outperforms the ag9 in many things and the ag9 is it's successor right so it should be better if even slightly better? i don't see a reason to keep this order going if i don't get a better experience than the already amazing one i have now and reading about the ag9 just dissappoints me and honestly the lean back design was at first scary to me but i seriously can't notice it as a problem any more.

The main reasons I can see are:

1.) You want to get a larger tv.
2.) You want the newer remote but don't want to buy it on ebay.
3.) You want LG Displays newer panel which has slightly improved IR and possibly better burn-in reduction.
4.) You want to downgrade your tv because it's just too good and you feel like you don't deserve it.

The main reasons I can see are:

1.) You want to get a larger tv.
2.) You want the newer remote but don't want to buy it on ebay.
3.) You want LG Displays newer panel which has slightly improved IR and possibly better burn-in reduction.
4.) You want to downgrade your tv because it's just too good and you feel like you don't deserve it.
only reason that interested me there was 3 oh and the fact that mine is nearly or over a year old so it may have lost some of it's brightness i don't know exactly how oled tvs age been using max brightness ever since i got it

only reason that interested me there was 3 oh and the fact that mine is nearly or over a year old so it may have lost some of it's brightness i don't know exactly how oled tvs age been using max brightness ever since i got it
to begin i absolutely adore my sony af9 it's nearly a love story i admire it every day, i use it as a pc monitor and have for over a year and theres still not a single sign of burn in, this tv is just incredible not just from the image itself but the overall design it looks like a giant painting it's simply precious to me, so i saw a ag9 on sale for a price i could afford and decided to go for it as a backup for when my af9 does go bad, but now i started reading up on the ag9 and many reviewers state the af9 outperforms the ag9 in many things and the ag9 is it's successor right so it should be better if even slightly better? i don't see a reason to keep this order going if i don't get a better experience than the already amazing one i have now and reading about the ag9 just dissappoints me and honestly the lean back design was at first scary to me but i seriously can't notice it as a problem any more.

Nah, you'll be fine for a good couple of years yet. In fact, I'll bet you the differences between your AF9 and these upcoming 2020 screens will be virtually non-existent too. There really are very few differences between these top end TVs now.

I'm still blown away on an almost daily basis by my AF8. I too have looked into upgrading, but I'm not seeing nearly enough differences to justify it. In fact I even spent time demoing the 'legendary' Panasonic GZ2000 and...well, I was pretty gobsmacked by how negligible the differences were. Somewhat relieved, but still gobsmacked...

OLED has pretty much peaked. Unless I'm mistaken, the 4k blu ray reviews on this very site are done using an LG screen that's 2016-2017. That speaks volumes in itself.

Your TV is still basically as good as an image can currently look. Anything better is incremental to say the least.

I think the panels have remained the same actually. It was the 2018 panels they changed the pixel structure and added some more OLED material. 2019 panels look to be the same from Macro shots.

There may have been some improvements to software protection though. For example Panny added DOG dimming. Pretty lamentable they didn't roll that back to previous models.

the retailer themselves said i should not upgrade they also said oleds don't age that fast so my af9 has not lost any of it's brightness, the retailer also has a sale on a 2019 panasonic oled for 600 dollars more so i am considering that but it seems it's a waste to buy a second tv just for decoration as i doubt i would watch movies in the other room

the retailer themselves said i should not upgrade they also said oleds don't age that fast so my af9 has not lost any of it's brightness, the retailer also has a sale on a 2019 panasonic oled for 600 dollars more so i am considering that but it seems it's a waste to buy a second tv just for decoration as i doubt i would watch movies in the other room

Et voila... 👍

Stick with your AF9 , in many ways its a better set than the AG9 , plus with the upcoming Firmware update it will be just as up to date as any Sony set :D

Stick with your AF9 , in many ways its a better set than the AG9 , plus with the upcoming Firmware update it will be just as up to date as any Sony set :D
so we are getting the same firmware i really do love this tv i just wish it didn't have a stuck+ dead pixel

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom