Question Any smart plugs provide monitoring with data export

stubbo66

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for smart plugs that provide monitoring (there are plenty) but at a low level, say every 15 minutes or less, and that can either send their data to a cloud, a server or the data can be collected via an app for export to a spreadsheet.

I have all the home power usage monitoring I need at the PV/Grid/Battery storage levels, what I want to drill down to is the per device usage patterns, and the plugs I gave found just don't give either the detail or the means to export the data to use actively.

efergy seems to have an old plug (pre 2015) with a more granular data capture, but it's not a smart device that works with Alexa etc, and every one elses app seems to have captive data and low resolution.

Can't be rocket science!

The Eve Energy Smart Plug allows you to export as a comma separated file.

The TKB Home (Z-Wave) stuff I use offers consumption. Its up to you how frequent you call this, capture this, store this........ I use OpenHAB as my smart home system.

1606559305425.png

The TKB Home (Z-Wave) stuff I use offers consumption. Its up to you how frequent you call this, capture this, store this........ I use OpenHAB as my smart home system.

I’ve not heard of TKB before, but it sounds interesting. I’m going to check them out.

I’ve not heard of TKB before, but it sounds interesting. I’m going to check them out.
Theres better options than TKB. Checkout the zwave protocol and vesternet online shop.

the TKB I have are 3/4 years old now, but I have had one specific model go pop (3 died, same issue), which makes me feel like there’s probably better makes available.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom