Any word or update on James Camerons flicks?

bongo123

Established Member
Reaction score
As the title suggests, has there been any update or word on when we can expect to receive or even get a sniff of JC's flicks in 4K, i know hes balls deep in Avatar Parts 2-46 but surely he cant be holding off until hes completely finished all those movies before overtaking the remastering?

Since the fox buyout Disney holds the rights to many of his films now. I wouldn’t be surprised if Cameron tries to buy them back off Disney. He’s not a fan of mickey

He's not a fan of Mickey? Seemed to have no trouble singing their praises whilst collaborating with them for Pandora at Animal Kingdom?

Since the fox buyout Disney holds the rights to many of his films now.
Not sure if it’s as simple as that.
Aliens, the Abyss & Avatar yes, but Titanic is released by Paramount (co-producer) in the US, Terminator is MGM, Terminator 2 is Lionsgate. Not sure about True Lies.

Exactly my point. With Disney owning some rights and others split as stated above it’s unlikely we will see any releases unfortantely. Sure Cameron sings Disney’s praise when avatar is involved but he’s very protective over his back catalogue.

Hoping for UHD releases is quite a reach when we are still waiting for Blu-Ray releases of two extremely popular films, he has had plenty of time to sign off on them in the last 10 years but nothing.

The threads for The Abyss/True Lies have been kicking around for several years. Yet still nothing.

That should pretty much tell u all you need to know.

JC cannot be bothered any more with physical media, imo.

At the rate he’s going, by the time he's done with Avatar, he’ll be so old, he’ll have forgotten the films he did back before he became King of the World :rolleyes:

Maybe I should have said he cant be bothered catering to us minions any more.

They’re not available to buy in HD digitally either though.
The Abyss was on Netflix in HD for a while. Can't see it there now though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom