Anyone built a 36" pizza oven?

Neil.B

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
This is my build so far for 36" pizza oven (above left arch) and Argentinian grill. The chimenea (middle arch) will also be used to cook above and I plan on incorporating a smoker too.

I now need to order all the fire bricks etc. and wondered if anyone has a shopping list for a 36" Pompeii style oven, please.
IMG_20200713_211940027.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all,
I'm building a pizza oven and BBQ at the moment, so far I have built the log stores and chimenea. I now need to order all the fire bricks etc. and wondered if anyone has a shopping list for a 36" Pompeii style oven, please.

I'm afraid I cannot help, but am intrigued as to how this progresses - hope you will update us with pics?!

I'm afraid I cannot help, but am intrigued as to how this progresses - hope you will update us with pics?!
Will do. Not sure how long everything will take to do as I'm only a DIYer. The BBQ arch will be a worry to do as it will be nearly 8' long.

There is a full thread about pizza ovens in the food section that might be of interest.

Last edited:
Yes, thank you.
I was after the opionion of someone who had built one, as web sites are not always accurate. It's to expensive to order the odd amount if not enough has been ordered too.
I've ordered the fire bricks now, so hopefully I've made the correct choice.

Hopefully you’re planning some big cooks :rotfl: The people I’ve spoken to with big ovens have said they’re great for multiple pizzas/long cooks, but are too much of a faff for just one or two.

Hopefully you’re planning some big cooks :rotfl: The people I’ve spoken to with big ovens have said they’re great for multiple pizzas/long cooks, but are too much of a faff for just one or two.
36" is the small one 😬
When built correctly, apparently you can cook for two to three days on one fireing. So hopefully most weekends and Christmas dinner.

No pics of the first pizza?
Didn't really do much during the winter months due to my depression.
Still a lot to learn, but loving the pizza's so far. These are the dessert ones... Nutella and fruit salad; and Nutella, banana and marshmallow.
Pizza took 2 mins to cook.
Chicken spit/rotisserie
General cook

Attachments

• 20210426_183139.jpg
    20210426_183139.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 20210514_170656.jpg
    20210514_170656.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Nutella and fruit salad; and Nutella, banana and marshmallow.
That's like one of the pizzas from Return of the Killer Tomatoes, where they can't use the forbidden tomato as a base!

Presenting the pineapple, M&M, marshmallow and chocolate sauce pizza...

1621326235214.png

That's like one of the pizzas from Return of the Killer Tomatoes, where they can't use the forbidden tomato as a base!

Presenting the pineapple, M&M, marshmallow and chocolate sauce pizza...

View attachment 1513770
Not seen the film but funny enough I was going to add pineapple but couldn't be bothered to cut it up...maybe it saved my life🤣

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom