Anyone cut Thier own hair yet ?!

reevesy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well what with the current situation its getting near that time for a hair cut.. actually got it cut 2 days before lockdown ..laughed and joked with the barbers saying I was getting it cut before every thing gets shut down ..oh how the barbers in the shop chuckled !

Well I'm on me own whilst all this is going on.. got the clippers out earlier and got all ready but bottled it....

Now1 bottle of wine in Im debating to give it a go.

Anyone done it yet..top tips...

Not including another bottle

I last had my haircut 7 weeks ago and without a chance of getting back in for another 6 or 7 weeks bought a pair of decent clippers for £30.00 of Amazon and SWMBO went to work on a number 6 all over and I love it!

Not too short , respectable for work and video calls and it’s honestly nothing to worry about. Do it!

Yeah was getting reading with a 4 ....then found a 6 in the pouch...clippers haven't seen the light of day for a few years

Not majorly bothered about it being short....used to have a number 2...a long time ago

Don't think I want to got that short just yet :eek:

Last edited:
No.1 every 3-4wks. Been cutting my own hair for about 12yrs with an occasional visit to the barber when I can’t be arsed to do it.

12 quid for a men's cut round my way....think it's only a quid cheaper for all over clippers !

Done it with a cheap pair of what were more beard clippers than hair clippers. Worked fine

Number 1 all over every week. Been doing it for 10 years now. The amount of money i’ve saved :smashin:

No ..but if he looks anything like like Lewis Hamiltons braids then no thanks ;)

I've done mine once already and will be doing it again this weekend. Only had some beard trimmers/shaver to hand so went with that and just went short back and sides and a bit longer on top. Then found a middle length to fade it in a bit. Came out alright :D

I've done mine a couple of times now and am quite relaxed doing it now. #5 on top then #4 the upper sides and back before dropping to #3. Looks pretty decent imo. Only difficult bit I find is the nape of the neck, my brain just can't compute the image from using two mirrors. Take your time and you'll be grand :smashin:

Did mine yesterday - my hair grows horrendously fast so there was zero chance I'd have made it through to when the hairdressers open.

It all worked out surprisingly well - used (extremely sharp!) kitchen scissors to mow the top and front part first, plus bought some Philips 9400 hair clippers from Holland a few days ago (as sod all stock left to buy in UK!).

The nice/unique thing about the Philips is that it goes up to 42mm (grade 15 I think), which isn't far off the length of a regular haircut.

IMG_0833.jpeg

Got some clippers for wifey to cut my hair. 10 mins later she stood back and said do you want anything on it? I said how about a pair of knickers, you've made me look like a right ****!

😂😂

Yep, I let my kids cut my hair with the beard trimmer (longest setting) the other day. They loved doing it, me not so much :D. I looked like the 8 ball, but it'll be fine for now :)

no guard , then wet shave , go brave , go bald , no option for me , what hair I have left does what it wants , where it wants :rotfl:

Do it myself anyway these days, ever since the less than sympathetic barber lady exclaimed, "why do you bother coming here, just do it yourself!". 👨‍🦲
Can very much recommend the Remington Quick Cut Hair Clipper to make the job a lot easier.
My 6 year old son's mop is becoming a bit of an issue now though, might risk it with a grade 5 attachment? Should be interesting!

took my beard trimmer to it the other day with the 7mm attachment. I'm fairly indifferent, Mrs loves it, my mum hates it (she went off on a rant about how it isn't in keeping with my professional image etc :laugh:)

Do it myself anyway these days, ever since the less than sympathetic barber lady exclaimed, "why do you bother coming here, just do it yourself!". 👨‍🦲
Can very much recommend the Remington Quick Cut Hair Clipper to make the job a lot easier.
My 6 year old son's mop is becoming a bit of an issue now though, might risk it with a grade 5 attachment? Should be interesting!
Same clippers I use.....excellent for £30.00

well did'nt do it last night...was quite chilled out listening to some music

might still have a go at it by myself at some point....

i am a key worker and have been working closely with a couple of oppo's ...might get one of them to do it next week when i'm back

Asked my wife to cut mine and she said we don't have any clippers.
Yes we do, I said, the dog clippers.
10 minutes later my hair was cut to a no.2 all over and she likes it.

I bought some Remington quick cut clippers. Been doing a number one cut since the beginning of lockdown. I won’t go back to a hairdresser. Quite like it like that. Will spend the money on some nice massage sessions instead when the spa reopens.

My daughter (17) stole mine, and decided to take the opportunity to start afresh and get her natural healthy hair back. She used the 12mm attachment. Looked really good.

Yeah might be a good time to wipe the slate clean !

Spent the last few years saying
" Just a bit shorter mate "

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom