Anyone cut Thier own hair yet ?!

Did mine a few weeks ago. Didn’t look horrendous.

Doing my four-year-old sons’s at the weekend. My wife’s banned a mohawk for him but I think we can persuade her.

Doing my four-year-old sons’s at the weekend. My wife’s banned a mohawk for him but I think we can persuade her.
And then shave it all off when schools go back :)

Just done mine, look like Arthur Shelby.

Probably just whip it all off to be honest.

I got some cheap clippers from ebay - I would have paid for WAHL but I just couldn’t get find any.

Normally I have grade 3 back and sides, but decided to play safe and went with a longer comb. Both she and I tried several times but this cheapy did nothing, just pushed the hair away from the blades so that barely anything cut.

In the end she did a scissor cut - I’m not that precious about my hair and was happy with the end result.

I managed to get an ebay refund on the cheap trimmer.

I would be interested to know about any currently available clippers that you have purchased and work, in case this situation continues much longer.

Cheers,

Nigel

I've got some Nicky Clarke ones .bought yonks ago.....don't think they've been used in anger for about 7 or 8 years

...was a bit unsure if they were going to cut ok.. should probably oil them at least

Bit late to find out once you've started !

I got some cheap clippers from ebay - I would have paid for WAHL but I just couldn’t get find any.

Normally I have grade 3 back and sides, but decided to play safe and went with a longer comb. Both she and I tried several times but this cheapy did nothing, just pushed the hair away from the blades so that barely anything cut.

In the end she did a scissor cut - I’m not that precious about my hair and was happy with the end result.

I managed to get an ebay refund on the cheap trimmer.

I would be interested to know about any currently available clippers that you have purchased and work, in case this situation continues much longer.

Cheers,

Nigel
See my post earlier in the thread.
I bought some Philips 9400 clippers that work great, and up to grade 14/15. Difficult to find any in uk, but look to other countries and they’re generally easy enough to find.

babyliss for men ‘digital japanese steel’ are decent too (28mm cut), and when I looked last week there were still a few Boots stores with stock.

Well it's all off !

Long story short ....ended up a few grades lower than I originally intended !

Now a number 2 all over :eek:.

Well at least that's me sorted for about 2 months !

Every little boy should have a Mohawk at least once!!

1 month ago
D9468210-5B59-4845-BC1D-77A31C0D43EF.jpeg

1 week ago

AC8FA0A0-CDE3-4379-9C6E-077B89F4A2F5.jpeg

Every little boy should have a Mohawk at least once!!

1 month ago
View attachment 1303968

1 week ago

View attachment 1303971
Nice!

Technically mine's already had one. Had a mop of black hair when he was born. That all fell out and then grew back blond but only on the top to start with. Don't remember being extreme but looking back at pictures it must have looked like we'd done it deliberately.

Picked up hair clippers from Sainsbury’s this afternoon, shame they didn’t sell the courage to use it.

Picked up hair clippers from Sainsbury’s this afternoon, shame they didn’t sell the courage to use it.

Just do it. It’ll grow back......

Had rather a lot of whiskey and went at it with the scissors. Couldn't see the back, so decided to use my beard trimmer (6mm). Very happy, but have burnt my head in the sun.
Hoping it won't grow back so gray!

Still haven’t done it lol, just checked the local barbers website and they say definitely won’t be open till after 4th July. another month of having hair like I did in the 70s, or really bad cut, choices

Well just done it, I have to say not good lol, but honestly as bad as it is, and it’s bad and being hampered by not being able to cut your own hair while wearing specs, I prefer it to the mop of hair I had before.

A while ago my wife agreed to cut my hair with some borrowed hair clippers.
Just after she started I bottled it and told her to just do the sides. I'm probably a little old for a mohawk but I quite like it.
The sides have grown out a bit now so I need to decide if I'm gonna do it again or grow it all out.

I like the idea of a buzz cut but I don't think it would suit me.

I've always been conscious of my hair as I've had a receding hairline for years and my barber had always done a good job of covering it up, but in lockdown I eventually bit the bullet and used my beard trimmers to go for a #8 all over initially - that then dropped to a #6 about a week ago.

The receded bit is more noticable on one side which is a little annoying, but I'm glad I've done it.

Been doing mine for a few decades, now with a Philips easy reach 180°. I got so good that I got myself a convertible sports car :D

well after the initial shock of having no hair ....for the first time in quite a few years i'm now getting used to seeing myself with a number 2...

it's already grown a bit and doesnt look quite as short

..though i still go to flatten my hair whens its windy!

thinking i might keep it short for the summer

Been DIY clipping for nearly 20 years ... from corded Wahl to Philips rotating head to current Remington Quick Cut ... all bought for £20 or less

I noticed LBC currently running ads for the "Beast Clipper" from Skull Shaver, clearly capitalising on lockdown, so was curious - relatively pricey with really bad reviews ... AVOID

My Nicky clarke one ..which I think I got from Argos years ago for 20 quid is still going strong.

probably 15 or 20 years old now

Last edited:
I shave mine bald every couple of days and have for around 20 years so no change for me :)

I’ve been saving money by not visiting barbers for the last 20+ years too!

No 3 all over, with a Philips rotatable head jobby! Takes just a couple of minutes. My stubble sometimes gets longer than my hair!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom