Anyone have a Samsung UE70RU7020?How good is it?

djc45

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I’m looking to upgrade from my 55” LG 4k, and have spotted the Samsung UE75RU7020 on Richer Sounds website at a reasonable price for the size, and spec. Being an Apple user, I’m also attracted to the inclusion of the Apple TV app on this tv.

Doing a search on the forum finds no threads on this model, and I’m struggling to find online reviews in the usual places.
I just wanted to know if anyone has this TV, and can tell me if they are happy with it, and give me some advice on whether it’s worth getting or not. I had initially considered going for an LG OLED, as the picture does look amazing, but I’ve been hit by the burn-in fear, as we have a gaming pc connected to our tv, along with the usual consoles, cable tv etc, so thought the way to go would be to avoid OLED and go increased screen size beyond that I could afford with OLED, and in fact save some cash. All of which brought me to the Samsung as an option. The 70” is also the ideal size as it should sit perfectly in the space below our projector screen, without being too high.

I just don’t have any recent experience with Samsung TVs, having mainly bought LG in recent years, so really do appreciate any advice on this model.
Thanks
Duncan

I've spent all day watching movies and playing games on this TV today.
To be honest if you are after a rich colour, deep blacks you won't be satisfied, especially if you are used to watching high end tvs.
People that are not videophiles think it's an amazing TV.
It's good in dark room.
I have a Panasonic tx-65DX902B and I can't get myself to the weak color gamut and next to useless in bright room of the samsung.
If you'll be watching this in a dark room it's great for the price.

Good points:
Great price for the screen.
Good in a dark room.
Even better if you have the sitting distance.

Bad points:
Terrible in a well lit room/daylight viewing.
Poor colour and contrast (in bright room)

Hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom