Question Anyone interested in the family membership split?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Qactuar how do I go about this? I only need one but happy to host for the the other 3 here plus whoever else is interested
Create a post with slots and update as you get recruits. About as simple as it can be in the limited thread capability!

I'll take a spot please, if that's ok? @rustybin

I am. What is the price?

See it is £24.85 at shopto, but not looked around may be cheaper elsewhere

Cheers,

Nigel

I am. What is the price?

See it is £24.85 at shopto, but not looked around may be cheaper elsewhere

Cheers,

Nigel

I'll need to do the update on my sub, because I've already got the individual. So it'll be the official Nintendo price (divided by 6).

I'll need to do the update on my sub, because I've already got the individual. So it'll be the official Nintendo price (divided by 6).
Not sure you have to buy the official one. I've never bought it yet. ALways bought it from Shopto and i'm the dad of the family.

Not sure you have to buy the official one. I've never bought it yet. ALways bought it from Shopto and i'm the dad of the family.

I mean I've already got an individual membership live on my account, so I'd need to do the official upgrade to family membership this year. Next year I'd be fine to go with the cheapest.

I mean I've already got an individual membership live on my account, so I'd need to do the official upgrade to family membership this year. Next year I'd be fine to go with the cheapest.
I've just read the Nintendo FAQS and there is no upgrade path from Single to Family.

If you already have single, you can get a family but the two will run side by side until the single runs out.

If that is the case it doesn't matter where you buy the family one from.

How much is left on your single (assuming it is an annual rather than monthly).

Cheers,

Nigel

I've just read the Nintendo FAQS and there is no upgrade path from Single to Family.

If you already have single, you can get a family but the two will run side by side until the single runs out.

If that is the case it doesn't matter where you buy the family one from.

How much is left on your single (assuming it is an annual rather than monthly).

Cheers,

Nigel

I'll take a look when I get home, as when I checked last week on my console it definitely allowed an upgrade as it offered me a refund on what I already had. Leave it with me and I'll update this evening.

I'll take a look when I get home, as when I checked last week on my console it definitely allowed an upgrade as it offered me a refund on what I already had. Leave it with me and I'll update this evening.

Will do - happy to proceed with whatever you are comfortable with.

Just read the FAQ again and it is saying as you suggest, must have misread or was an outdated FAQ.

Nintendo Account.JPG

Worked out the reason for the confusion. If you bought the individual membership online from Nintendo then they will do a discount when you upgrade. But if you bought the individual membership as a download code then there is no upgrade path, you can buy a family membership (either direct or as a code) but the two run concurrently.

So it depends on how you bought the individual membership - if direct then it better to do the upgrade direct. But if you bought it as a code then it will be better to buy the family as a code.

Cheers,

Nigel

Last edited:
Are we happy to proceed with the 6 slots?

I'm happy to proceed. When you're ready PM me your details and how much it is and I'll send it over. :thumbsup:

Same for me, happy to proceed. Cheers for sorting it out. :thumbsup:

@boddiker your pm inbox is full... Could you clear and let me know then I'll send you the details. Cheers.

Many thanks for arranging this. To be honest I doubt I will use it much so wouldn't normally have bothered but at this price it is a no-brainer.

Apparently, the reason my MII doesn't show up is that I created it on my Switch and the MII synchronisation between the consoles and the online account uses the Nintendo Network ID but the only older consoles use that, the Switch doesn't. Bit of an oversight by Nintendo but they have known about it for over 2 years and haven't come up with a fix.

Cheers,

Nigel

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom