Anyone know where I can get decorative glass cut?

Bilbob

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Lo all
What I want is to get shaped glass cut for a display type case/cabinet I intend to build in my bathroom...

I know straight cut glass is easy, but curved?

My hubbie creates this effect with vinyl - he has just done some kitchen cabinet doors for someone - it's very very effective. I will get him to reply when he gets up :D

go to any glazier's shop,a good idea is with a card template,of the shape you want,or sizes and/or description,and they will cut it,to your requirements.
curved glass it easy to cut to shape,then it can be tidied up with a polishing machine,which will remove sharp edges,and can round up corners,etc..for the shape you need.
i spent a lot of my younger years,during weekends,after school,etc,at my uncle's glazing company cutting glass,polishing it up for customers,stripping glass units,etc,as my mum was working in the office.
once you have "cut" the glass with the diamond cutter,it will just break off,with a little pressure,and then you can use various tools to snip off,and detach smaller shards,to avoid breaking it completely.
polish it up,add decorative film if you want,and job done.
Lexan and vinyl sometimes go milky,after a while,warp,and show up all manner of flaws and scratches,depending on their use.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom