Question Anyone Obatined a JVC DLA-RS1000 or DLA-RS2000 Yet?

momoaz

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi if anyone has gotten a new DLA-RS1000 or DLA-RS2000 yet I need to find out if the picture will focus down below the published 60in minimum diagonal screen size for scientific use. I have left this question with a sale rep and a JVC rep at a trade show but they wont be able to answer this question for 4 weeks. So if anyone has ordered this new projector could they try to make a 24in screen for me and see if the lens will focus down to 24inches?

Try asking Allan at IdealAV

Hi if anyone has gotten a new DLA-RS1000 or DLA-RS2000 yet I need to find out if the picture will focus down below the published 60in minimum diagonal screen size for scientific use. I have left this question with a sale rep and a JVC rep at a trade show but they wont be able to answer this question for 4 weeks. So if anyone has ordered this new projector could they try to make a 24in screen for me and see if the lens will focus down to 24inches?
If they've put that screen size option in the manuals, what makes you think it won't do it? Have you seen their previous units not be able to focus at the smaller (supposedly supported) screen sizes?

I am not sure you understood the question jfinnie. It IS published at minimum 60 inches. However some projectors will focus down below their minimum published size. They simply don't publish it since not many people want a $5K 24in screen. However for my application 24 inches is the key size for warping the image. Canon for instance with their WUXGA WUX 5000/6000 specified 40 inch minimum but I was able to get a 24 inch diagonal image in focus. Most Canon projectors even the 4K LCOS are published at 39 inches but hit 24 just fine. DannyBoy72 advice to talk to Allan @ IdealAV was a great suggestion. He replied quickly and will test a R2000 for me as soon as one arrives to him. I appreciate all the help here. It really saves time and spending money in the wrong direction. There are about a half dozen others I would like to get this info on for possible evaluation.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom